Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wheel...of Frontier! (426)

There there alf. There always the DVD's and the video games. And fan art for that matter.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    You mean Ice Punch (or Focus Punch, I forget which).
    whoops.... yeah, I meant to say Ice Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great!
    Right, I respect your opinion. But, if you're looking for a Vine Whip user, then why didn't you suggest he bring Fushigidane back? Then again, that's my side of prejudice talking again...I've always found Bayleef the least appealing of the three Grass starters Satoshi owned.

But Vine Whip can also be a hazard, remember? Look at the way Bashamo toom advantage of Bayleef in the Jouto league. It grabbed her Vines and threw her, knocking her out. So, Vines are not always useful, especially as Hariteyama would probably be able to do the same.
    Oh sure, like Fushigidane would've done any better against Basyamo? You seem to be forgetting that Bayleaf is a pretty hefty Pokemon who uses her body weight to her advantage when using Vine Whip and Body Slam (usually combining the two attacks). For this reason, she's a rather ideal choice against fighting-type Pokemon, as we saw in the battle against Shijima. As you said, it all comes down to the writers' decision in the end, and the only reason she was really token out so easily by Hadzuki's Basyamo was because it was apparent the writers were getting the other 5 Pokemon out of the way as quickly as possible so they could make room for Lizardon vs. Basyamo, advertising the upcoming Ruby and Sapphire versions. If it wasn't so rushed, and/or they weren't trying so hard to make Basyamo look good, I can bet you anything that Bayleaf would've put up much more of a fight than she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    Medicham was ace,but its voice was too high pitched.
    Like I said before, I think it's a female.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 30th October 2005 at 2:27 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Blaziken master Guest

Yeah I thought so , but what is its male voice like?Anyway I thought we could have used an pre battle filler on the battle school because that would have been pretty interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master

Yeah I thought so , but what is its male voice like?
    Just download one of the episodes featuring Grace.... and Blaziken Master, you really need to learn how to use the QUOTE tag.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Oh sure, like Fushigidane would've done any better against Basyamo? You seem to be forgetting that Bayleaf is a pretty hefty Pokemon who uses her body weight to her advantage when using Vine Whip and Body Slam (usually combining the two attacks). For this reason, she's a rather ideal choice against fighting-type Pokemon, as we saw in the battle against Shijima. As you said, it all comes down to the writers' decision in the end, and the only reason she was really token out so easily by Hadzuki's Basyamo was because it was apparent the writers were getting the other 5 Pokemon out of the way as quickly as possible so they could make room for Lizardon vs. Basyamo, advertising the upcoming Ruby and Sapphire versions. If it wasn't so rushed, and/or they weren't trying so hard to make Basyamo look good, I can bet you anything that Bayleaf would've put up much more of a fight than she did.
    Yay, I'm coming across as an idiot now...I wasn't saying Fushigidane is any better(even though that's my personal belief), and I never said Bayleef is bad battler. I mentioned Fushigidane merely because I felt if anyone should be used for their Vine Whips, it would be him. He was the original Vine Whip user, so...But that's prejudice right there. Bayleef is an awesome Pokemon, I just happen to prefer Fushigidane and Juptile over it. Anyway, regarding your post. I was trying to point out that Bayleef has had losses, too, and that it hasn't always looked good in battle(see battle with Shigeru). Juptile is an excellent battler, and put up a very good fight. But, honestly, would Bayleef or even Fushigidane be able to stand up against being hit by Focus Punch, slamming into the ceiling, and smashing into the ground? Juptile did its best, and Bayleef doing her best is all that can be asked out of her. Keep in mind Hariteyama has been used to grab Satoshi's Ohsubame by the beak in the Houn league; It would probably grab Bayleef or Fushigidane's vines and reel it in or throw it, just like Bashamo, which is why I brought that battle up.

Anyway, now that's off my chest, I'll say something of actual relevence to the episode...

Umm...

I found it funny when Satoshi was standing outside of the Battle Arena yelling Konichiwa, and Enishida walked up behind him, told him he was doing it wrong, and screamed. Great moment right there.

Kogomi was an awesome character-I wish she would have gotten two episodes.

Well, it's on to Hiisu now...this will be interesting.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

This was a vast improvement over the previous Factory facility.

The animation wasn't its best, but a lot of the attacks did tend to look really impressive, which really helped to make this battle far more exciting than it already was. Grovyle's Quick attack looked incredibly nice on a number of occassions for example, and the physical moves performed by both of Greta's pokémon were great fun to watch.
    I also liked the choice of battle music they picked for the episode. A lot of my favourite pieces were used here (The 'vs.Magma/Aqua grunt' theme and the Opening sequence to R/B for example), so that made it all the more enjoyable.

Though having said that, there was some REALLY cheap looking CGI used early in the episode. Of course, I'm refering to the realistic looking flames and electricity. Team Rocket's motto on the other hand looked superb. Speaking of which...YAY! Manene is imitating Wobbuffet in the motto now. I was hoping it would start doing that eventually. Now all it needs to do is pull off those >< eyes and all will be perfect~

The episode definatly made me appreciate Greta a lot more, and because of that I really wish she had gotten more than one episode. Like a few others have said before me, she was a really cool character, so its a shame we'll never really get to learn a little bit more about her or what goes on in the arena dojo, which came across as a really interesting place. IMO, that would have made for a much better episode than some crap about 2 kids trying to make potions :x The episode definatly made me appreciate Greta a lot more

Just a note:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time in the show that a pok&#233;mon has needed to re-charge after using Hyper Beam? I don't recall it ever being brought up before this point, and we've seen pok&#233;mon use it in constant succession before.

You would probably be correct Gravy, as I, too, do not recall a Pokemon ever having to recharge after using Hyper Beam in the anime. Could this be a sign of things to come regarding attacks?

I also see they're using Protect again. This is just my person preference, but I wish they had gone with Defense Curl for Snorlax. It's an attack he can learn and seems more down to Earth for the Pokemon anime. I'm not at all disappointed by Protect, it's just not something one would expect. I suppose though that if Phanpy can get Hidden Power while it was in storage, Protect is no difficult feat.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Omg i heard this episode is good! Anyone knows where i can download it?
    DIdn't snorlax seem a little more serious then usual? Usually it would be sleeping or something and ash had to wake it up.

Were those flames that were in the pictures showing than Snorlax knows Flamethrower like I think they are, or are they just a hyperbeam from Snorlax

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...11/Snorlax.jpg

Sorry they weren't done very well, I only had Paint, and I'm not very good with this kinda thing anyway
    PASBL Stats:
    Trainer Level: 2; Wins: 14; Losses: 13; Draws: 2; Knockouts: 28; Trainer Points: 85.5; Service Points: 6; DQ Losses: 1; DQ Wins: 0; Badges: 1 (Referee Badge)

Its Hyper Beam. If it had been Flamethrower, you'd have seen comments about it all over this thread.

The Incarnation Pokemon Guest

...So it looks like I'm the only one who's disappointed that they once again eliminated the Frontier facility's special battle style and made it seem like any other gym battle...

Granted, I *loved* Greta. <3 She was awesome in this. AND SO WAS HER MEDICHAM. Ash's Snorlax got all 00bered as usual, but I'd be a n00b to still be surprised by that after all this time. I s'pose it's fair, though, since Greta's Pkmn could use Focus Punch without charge-up time. While I was watching my question wasn't "how long will Snorlax last" but rather "what sort of stunt are they gonna pull to make Snorlax win the usual impossible victory".

And no, the opening didn't change to show Greta beyond her silhouette. Perhaps next ep's opening will, though.

This episode seemed rushed.... Manene has a cute voice though!

How can snorlax flip over like that? He is the heaviest pokemon of Kanto!

as that protect/endure Snorlax was using?
    Snorlax v Hariyama was worth watching but medicham just sucked
    Greta is cute though
    5/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    If it wasn't so rushed, and/or they weren't trying so hard to make Basyamo look good, I can bet you anything that Bayleaf would've put up much more of a fight than she did.
    I actually thought her defeat was done quite well. It was fast but showed a lot of quick thinking. It basically went like this: Vine Whip countered by Blaziken grabbing it and pulling it forward, Bayleef preparing to take advantage of this by lowering its skull for a Head Butt and Blaziken quickly countering with Fire Punch (since its arm is longer than Bayleef's neck it could hit Bayleef before her attack could hit its body).

<><><>

Back on topic, I liked the episode quite a bit. The agility of Ash's Snorlax never ceases to amaze me and the battle was fairly furious with Medicham slamming its fists into Snorlax again and again like that.

But really, Greta should have aimed for Snorlax's head more. Whenever its been beaten its been usually because of a powerful attack to the head, its main body can absorb damage for a long time.

It's great how much Snorlax has improved as a obediant Pokemon and in the use of its moves. It was always powerful, but Ash at first had next to no control over it (from what we've seen Snorlax are rare and very hard to tame, Ash's is the only trained one we've ever seen as far as I recall), and now its obeying freely and hugging him even without the promise of a food reward.

Its also nice it has learned Protect and used Rest in battle for the first time. In what situation did it use Protect? It was quite smart of Ash to have it use Rest while frozen since Medicham would not be able to hurt it. This also counts as one of the few times a Pokemon has been frozen in the anime and not knocked unconscious by it (or judged to be unfit to battle). Snorlax seemed perfectly fine and conscious, just covered in ice, gotta love that thing's endurance.

say.... I forgot if this was brought up earlier in the thread or not, but I just remembered that they seemed to have addressed the disadvantage Normal-types have against Fighting-types in this episode.

Then I guess Snorlax is a major gluten for punishment. Considering he took a beating that would turn most Pokemon into oatmeal.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Yes, but one also has to take into account Snorlax's massive girth. Ever seen someone punch a fat guy? You have to hit a lot harder to get him to feel it with any significance, cause of all that extra...fat.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by DKzM0mA
    Omg i heard this episode is good! Anyone knows where i can download it?
    Sorry, but that's one of the forbidden topics of discussion around here. Don't ask about episode downloads again.

And anyone who answers such a question will face the Wrath of the Moderators.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Ok, finally got around to watching this one today, and I thought it was pretty good. Kabigon pwns, and it was pretty funny seeing Chareemu crushed under it's tremendous bulk. I liked some of the old school music they used in this ep. As far as I'm conscerned, that stuff never gets old.

I thought it was cool to have the Rocket-dan training there with Kogomi, but was it really necessary to have them blast off? I mean seriously, what purpose did that serve? They weren't even doing anything. It was just an interruption in the battle, which could have been easily avoided if the writers could actually come up with a creative solution for once. I was also dissappointed Kogomi got a mere one episode. And more CG crap, ugh. When will they realize it looks bad? Ah well, b*tching aside, I still enjoyed this one. Helluva lot better than the last battle facility anyway.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I'm just curious if Snorlax and Munchlax interacted with each other at all in this ep...
    I think Snorlax and Munchlax did interact with each other (i have no reason why they did)

Blaziken master Guest

They interacted in the return to the Oak lab episode

Just saw this episode in the US. It was an awesome episode. It was funny to see TR in the training dojo. It seemed that Grovyle had a different voice in this episode. Nice to see Snorlax know Protect, Ice Punch, AND Rest. Medicham's new voice was kind of weird. Ash's battle was awesome.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Grovyles voice is bleh.Anyway Snorlax flies!

-Judai

This episode can be summed up by two humorous words, and Brock said them right before Snorlax defeated Medicham:

"Snorlax flies?!"

Comedic value aside, you can interpret that as either an entertaining win for 'Lax or an unrealistic loss for 'Cham. I'm still trying to decide which it is.

Some nice music in this episode, by the way.

?*V Tsun*?
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I personally didn't enjoy this battle at all.

I guess I'm spoiled from watching the other facilities, but it just didn't seem too special or even particularly noteworthy to me.

Wow! This was a action packed episode! I loved it! Greta was totally awesome! Ash as well, of course. XD I loved when Ash though about a great straegy. That is why he always come on top...he is using his head. ^^ I loved the way Grovyle and Sorlax battled, totally cool. Of course Team Rocket interupt them, but Ash and Pikachu took care of them. XD Anyway...it was action packed! And the music was good too.
    Last edited by Akane; 16th September 2006 at 4:52 PM.
    goodbye~

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast