Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sir Chris' Pokemon moveset guide

Hey this is pretty good, i printed it out *(Alongside with the Houenn movesets) Um one question thought some attacks aren't TM's right (In neither of the games) and some can't learn the attacks only by breeding right? Then how the hell do we get a pokemon like Lugia to learn Curse? i am just wondering how that could be unless if all genderless not able to breed pokemon can learn these attacks with Move tutor or whatever or naturally
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Kevinphet Guest

I would've dashed out curse on Lugia for ice beam. If the opponent sent out a Lugia, you could Ice beam it. Or you could KILL Aerodactyl, or flying types such as that. You could also use it against a Dragonite with Blizzard or Thunder. The 10% chance of freezing is also pretty sweet. Yours works, but just having two attacks isn't such a sweet deal. You probably wouldn't have much of a chance of winning against another Lugia. Explosion or Destiny Bond is also not out of the question. That could be a HUGE weakness for Lugia. Cursing up also reduces SPEED, which also could give Lugia a weak spot. A Gengar might be able to fit in a Destiny Bond there. Zapdos could kill Lugia, but if Lugia has Ice beam, that could be a differance maker. Aerodactyl can be a pain in the neck for Lugia to withstand, since flying doesn't do much to rock, and earthquake is ineffective to It's flying type. Ice beam should be added, because it may benefit Lugia greatly. Reducing speed for attack and defense isn't always a bright idea... Oh, here's what it should look like. I'm not asking you to change it, I just wanted to give a second opinion on your Lugia set.

Lugia

Aeroblast
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Recover @ Leftovers

That's my set. Lvl 100. Your set works too, but I think I'll stick with mine. It must've taken LOOONNGG to write that moveset. I'll give you credit for that. It's cool enough you took the time to write it. Oh yeah, Curse is a TM(TM03). It can be found behind Celadon mansion, from this old woman. There is a secret entrance behind Celadon Mansion. Enter and keep going up the stairs.
    Last edited by Kevinphet; 29th July 2004 at 6:56 AM. Reason: Messed up

The Nix Guest

lol.................

Thomas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chris
    Beedrill@Mint Berry
    Swords Dance
    Sludge Bomb
    Hidden Power Bug
    Rest

Weaknesses: Can't hit physically strong or steel types well at all, Has no special attack to speak of. Lacks any sort of real defense

Strengths: Strong physically. Can knock pokemon out real easily once its on a roll. swords dance minty rest and go go go.

An odd pokemon to say the least, with swords dance boosting its hefty attack its good, but its still kind of slow and with all its weaknesses its just a time bomb ready to explode. Sludge bomb and HP Bug are both excellent stabbed moves for the set. Minty rest gives it a chance to recover then go for the sweep. In the right situation beedrill can be very deadly, but its hard to find the situation.
    How can you make your Pokémon's Hidden Power the Bug Type?

On online battling simulars you can choose your pokemon stats Thomas, and that's what this guide is intended for.

Kevinphet, ice beaming lugia actually loses to Aerodactyl due to CRAP DEFENCE and LOUSY SPEED mixed with SUBSTITUTE this is NOT GOOD. Lugia's earthquake sucks without curse anyway and Zapdos just owns lugia end of story.
    .TraX. - The sleepy one.

~-=Mewtwo=-~ Guest

Espeon's hidden power should be fighting x4 on tyranitar

Tyranitar @Charcoal/Nevermeltice
    Ancient Power
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Crunch

4x on Ttar with espeons attack is like 2x effective on ttar with machamps attack - ****
    .TraX. - The sleepy one.

I think that this ms works well with sunflora

Syntheiesis
    Solarbeam
    Sunny day
    HP water - fire
    HP fire - grass
    HP grass - water
    Internet now on 3DS Please PM me for outstanding trades with ****TRADE OUTSTANDING**** IN SUBJECT LINE so I dont miss it Thank you!!

Currently:

Playing
    X

Writing
    Unnova fiction

- re-editing proglogue
    - planning main story line

Friend code 3ds 0404-6504-6432

People suck Guest

Default I am the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon-IH
    Kevinphet, ice beaming lugia actually loses to Aerodactyl due to CRAP DEFENCE and LOUSY SPEED mixed with SUBSTITUTE this is NOT GOOD. Lugia's earthquake sucks without curse anyway and Zapdos just owns lugia end of story.
    1. The most powerful attack aerodactyl can use against lugia is HP rock. And that can't 3HKO a lugia with leftovers.
    2. Lugia's 358 defense and 318 speed are "crap" and "lousy"? I guess mewtwo's special attack is average, eh?
    3. Substitute will only delay aerodactyl's death.
    4. Lugia's earthquake can actually be good if you don't waste it against things like snorlax. It works fine against stuff like nidoking, electabuzz, gengar and tentacruel.
    5. Ice beam lugia can actually beat zapdos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinphet
    Lugia

Aeroblast
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Recover @ Leftovers
    Aeroblast ends out of PP fast. It's not really that good unless you combine it with curse. Use thunderbolt instead. It works much better.

Quote Originally Posted by People suck
    3. Substitute will only delay aerodactyl's death.
    5. Ice beam lugia can actually beat zapdos.
    Zapdos usually packs para, therefore it is very much a _CAN_ not will.

Substitute can give you enough time to get off the four required hits if you have a little luck with lugia's ice beam damage. Don't forget Aero IS faster.

And Lugia's earthquake can't even beat tentacruel or muk before they kill it without curse (As I recall anyway, haven't been n00b enough to battle 00bers in a while).
    .TraX. - The sleepy one.

scyther Guest

sutaruy kiom tafhio

People suck Guest

Default I am the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon-OH
    Zapdos usually packs para, therefore it is very much a _CAN_ not will.
    Zapdos can 3HKO lugia with thunderbolt. Lugia can 3HKO zapdos with ice beam. Lugia is faster.
    And no, zapdos does not usually have thunder wave, if you're thinking of that.

Substitute can give you enough time to get off the four required hits if you have a little luck with lugia's ice beam damage. Don't forget Aero IS faster.
    OK, explain how an aerodactyl with substitute can beat a lugia.

And Lugia's earthquake can't even beat tentacruel or muk before they kill it without curse (As I recall anyway, haven't been n00b enough to battle 00bers in a while).
    Do you even know how much damage lugia's earthquake does to tentacruel and muk? And do you know how much damage muk's and tentacruel's attacks do to lugia?
    And battling with "00bers" isn't "n00b". This is what idiots say.
    Last edited by People suck; 17th January 2005 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Because I am the best.

hows this for venusaur:

Solarbeam/sunny day/Hp water (fire types)/sleep/stun spore
    Internet now on 3DS Please PM me for outstanding trades with ****TRADE OUTSTANDING**** IN SUBJECT LINE so I dont miss it Thank you!!

Currently:

Playing
    X

Writing
    Unnova fiction

- re-editing proglogue
    - planning main story line

Friend code 3ds 0404-6504-6432

People suck Guest

Default I am the best.

Sunny day and HP water in the same moveset is a bad idea. Use HP fire instead.

i_use_ubers Guest

lol, sunnybeam on a slow grass type... smart indeed ¬_¬

Antoshi Guest

Question

One thing I want to know is this...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chris
    Espeon@Miracle Berry
    Psychic
    Morning Sun
    Growth
    Hidden Power Water
    .. How does Espeon learn Growth?

Abusoru Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Antoshi
    One thing I want to know is this...

.. How does Espeon learn Growth?
    It doesn`t. I think, Sir Chris wanted say "Growl"

Antoshi Guest

Talking Heh

Yeah, somehow I doubt that. Still, I like most of the movesets, and I think they could work pretty well. Worse comes to worse, you can just edit it the way you want it.

Growth is an NYPC move. Its ment to be really effective
    The GSC Militia
    Double-Edge
    .TRAX.
    Altmer

Check Out MySpace
    http://www.myspace.com/fieldy420

Antoshi Guest

Exclamation

Oooooh!! I have the entire NYPC list, but I didn't look over it for Espeon. Wow, cool, that fits in with the Secret/Unobtainable Moves thread. But, somehow, I don't think Stadium will think its a legal move, so I'll just have to check.

People suck Guest

Default I am the best.

Quote Originally Posted by i_use_ubers
    lol, sunnybeam on a slow grass type... smart indeed ¬_¬
    Venusaur is the third fastest grass type in GSC.

PokéMaster Forever Guest

Here's an extremely deadly Mew moveset that can barely be stopped:

---Mew

~ Fissure
    ~ Horn Drill
    ~ Softboiled
    ~ Thunderwave
    @ Leftovers

This Mew basically massacre's any teams without enough Pokémon that can raise their offensive stats.

People suck Guest

Default I am the best.

This moveset is cool. You can also try rest and sleep talk over softboiled and thunder wave for protection from status effects, although I prefer the moveset you posted.
    Last edited by People suck; 30th January 2005 at 6:33 PM. Reason: Because I am the best.

i_use_ubers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by People suck
    Venusaur is the third fastest grass type in GSC.
    still not faster than any fire type iirc

People suck Guest

Default I am the best.

That doesn't mean venusaur is bad at sunnybeaming.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast