Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: May's Egg-Cellent Adventure! (427)

Is it just me or deal the egg mech look like a Zaku (or is it Zako) with the one pink eye?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    was that focus punch or mega punch. I think it was mega punch wasnt it?
    Japanese Attack Name Lesson of the Day:

kiai panchi = Focus Punch

So yes, Munchlax now knows Focus Punch.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'm predicting if May gets a Zigzagoon, if the Pokemon acts as dopey as it looks, that she'd have the same relationship with it as Misty did with her Psyduck. I hope May trains it quick to evolve into Linoone because I certainly would!

~*~*~My Little Pony, My Little Pony...~*~*~
    I claimed Ponyta in the Bishie Version 2.0 thread!

Hitchin_A_Ride Guest

i say it's a zigzagoon but it could be an eevee..and about the contest ..i love them..in the series and games..besides..i'm a baby-boy..so i like may's babyliccious pokemon ...specially the newly born like squirtle and the newbie that is coming..so..I'm Happy ...really happy with this episode!

Default BF Episode 427-The Breeding Center and the Pokemon Egg! & Eevee or Zigzagoon hatching

I have seen the breeding center episode. It was cool that Pikachu learn Volt Tackle and blast Team Rocket's mecha off.
    In Pokemon Emerald game, Pikachu or Raichu must be attached to a Light Ball so that it will learn Volt Tackle. And also May's Munchlax now knows another new attack Ice Punch. At also last time in the Mt. Moon episode May's Munchlax learns 2 attacks: Metronome & Solarbeam. It was so cool that Munchlax learn 3 new attacks. May gets a Pokemon egg from the girl who also want to become the Pokemon Coordinator just like May. The egg could inside must be a Eevee or Zigzagoon. If it is a Eevee or Zigzagoon inside, i don't know must let Eevee evolve into evolution stones such as Thunder(Jolteon), Water(Vaporeon) & Fire(Flareon) or give Happiness(Day)Espeon & Happiness(Night)Umbreon or give Eevee as itself or give Zigzagoon to evolve into Linoone or give as itself.
    Last edited by ~Flareon~; 24th December 2005 at 1:09 PM. Reason: -

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

to be honest.
    I expected nothing big fromthis episode, but at the end I really liked it.

maybe it is because I´m a may fan and like may centered episodes more than ash centered ones.
    But this episodes had many good part IMO:

-vileplume tortures munchlax with a few grass attacks and poor fatty misses with its metronome
    -munchlax shows its battling power ( finally!)
    -a cute girl of the day, I wanna draw her ^_^
    -a chinchou egg! I love my little chinchou...
    -volt tackle was a welcome suprise and looked very nice
    -manene was funny again ( after its medicore mimic gags in the marshtomb episode), I like how it takes meowth´s part in the motto. every animation fitted ^^
    AND it had wobbuffet´s eyes while mimicing it. just CUTE!
    -I liked the music. I may be wrong , but did I hear a few new tunes?
    -Team Rocket´s egg mecha was nice as well. I like the part after munchlax and vileplume blast the ballon away and team rocket hangs still in the basket ^^

I´d wish that the egg-girl would return in an upcoming contest with HER new pokemon to battle against may´s new egg-hatched "dingsda", but knowing the writers..this isn´t likely.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Ehn... Ash didn't get a Magby egg. I knew he wouldn't but I'm still bitterly disappointed about it. I wanted him with either Magby or Smoochum (because we knew no-one would get Elekid because of Pika) because their evolutions are awesome but alas, none such luck...
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Is it just me or deal the egg mech look like a Zaku (or is it Zako) with the one pink eye?
    However it's spelt, I hope to God that the animators weren't using them as a reference... they're damn lame!
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    XD I was thinking the exact same when I saw that mech. Anyway, I too wasn't expecting much from this episode. I mean, some of us would be under the impression that Gonbe's punch was just a Metronome, and there was that Volt Tackle speculation when we see Pikachu charging up while using Quick Attack in the preview, but I don't think anyone made much of it. Instead, this episode ended up being pretty friggin good. I owe part of it to Nyaasu walking around in the afforementioned mecha. As far as Rocket Dan's devices go, that egg Zako thing was damn interesting, and to see Rocket Dan still going even when the balloon exploded was a nice twist from the norm. After Gonbe and Rafflesia failed, and I saw Satoshi appear on screen, I momentarily forgot about that Quick Attack from the preview and expected him to command the same old same old "Juuman Boruto". Instead, he shouts "Denkou Sekka", and then..... oh god, Volt Tackle looks so f***ing awesome animated. Seems so powerful, too, leaving me to wonder if that'll finally put Pikachu on the same level as all his heavy-hitters. To top it all off, Rokon makes an appearance. ^^

A couple things did bug me about the episode, though. I mean, Jesus Christ, is Nyaasu greedy. He could've made a pretty stealth getaway, but he just had to snatch that Rokon egg, didn't he (I know, the writers would've had the protagonists notice him somehow, but still)? And yet another inexperienced Pokemon of Haruka's is beating a fully-evolved Pokemon as one of its first opponents.... and Rafflesia fainted because Solar Beam was hitting against one of its petals? WTF? Plus, Gonbe learned another new attack in the process. What's that make now? Three TM/Move Tutor attacks that Gonbe knows? You'd think just Metronome would be enough, wouldn't you? On the plus side of that, though, seeing Metronome get a Splash was assuring that this random attack isn't always going to be cheap. And the victory was against a member of the weed lines, which I'm not extremely fond of anyway.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    What's that make now? Three TM/Move Tutor attacks that Gonbe knows? You'd think just Metronome would be enough, wouldn't you?
    Keep in mind, we still don't know what Gonbe's naturally learned moves are. Metronome, at least, could very well be one of them.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I at first thought the egg was Bonsly, as I had the idea planted in my head about Bonsly making its debut here. On second glance, I'd say its almost definitely a Zigzagoon... but a Zig' in the party would be kinda hard to imagine, since so many appear in the wild in the anime. It's kinda hard to explain my reasoning on that.

Eevee seems like a lesser possibility, though I'd expect the design on the egg to be different... like dark brown on the bottom and light on the top, or vice-versa.

http://www.sitefights.com/community/...en//eevzig.gif
    Last edited by Daisy_Mawile; 5th November 2005 at 7:07 PM.
    I don't bother with IVs, EVs, or natures, simply because I'm not interested in doing so. I don't use legendaries on my teams, because it's my personal preference not to. And I don't pretend that has anything to do with "respecting my Pokémon as individuals and not treating them as mindless battling machines." If self-righteous rants about how one chooses to play a video game make you laugh, copy and-- on second thought, don't C&P this. Mine. >:[

Erm...Continuity error? May and Max said they've never seen a Pokémon egg before, but didn't they in 'A Mudkip Mission'? Er, oh well.

The music was okay, but the only one that really stood out was that awesome piece from the fifth movie they used when Pikachu used Volt Tackle.
    Speaking of which, Volt Tackle is just plain cool. I liked the echo effect Pikachu's voice had while using it. Not to mention, the animation looks very neat. I wouldn't mind seeing it often, as long as it's not as much as Thunderbolt O.o

Heh, Munchlax battled and did NOT run around for food (did it?). It's pretty cool as a battling Pokémon, so if that 'comic relief' side vanishes somehow, I won't mind it at all in the future.

Something totally random here, but those chairs the family had bugged me. No one could reach the floor with their feet when they were sitting (not even Brock), but look how short the father's legs are. He'd have to jump off whenever he wants to stand up.

Er, anyway. We might see Shiromi again in the future, as she decided to start traveling at the end of the episode, but I wouldn't care if she didn't. She's not really the type of character that I like.

Manene is officially one of my favorite Pokémon out of the main characters' teams now. It's so cute <3

Although there are several BF fillers that were better in my opinion, this was still a nice episode and definitely worth watching.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    Erm...Continuity error? May and Max said they've never seen a Pokémon egg before, but didn't they in 'A Mudkip Mission'? Er, oh well.
    Are you serious? God, at least with other instances the characters just wouldn't say anything at all. But now they blatantly state that their memories suck. --;
    ~

Definitely looks more like a Zigzagoon egg, and not an Eevee egg.

Banner made by Umi Mizuno

Quote Originally Posted by Megachan
    Definitely looks more like a Zigzagoon egg, and not an Eevee egg.
    That discussion is SO 24 hours ago.

Anyways.
    'The Breeding Center and the Pokémon Egg!'
    ...and of course, Brock does what any great breeder would do in a half hour episode like this. Thats right, sit at the sidelines and do pretty much nothing at all.
    I don't get it. They're at a BREEDING centre which partakes in RAISING pokémon EGGS....and Brock is just 'there' again? I like Haruka-centered episodes and all, but sheesh.
    But otherwise, it was actually a pretty decent episode. When you compare it to the first batch of BF fillers and the more recent 'Marshtomp episode', there's a big difference. There was a lick of humour, some pretty ok plot developments going on and a bunch of impressive looking attacks to go along with it all.

That battle with Munchlax was going pretty swell until it stopped getting the crap kicked out of it and KO'd Vileplume by brushing its petals with Solarbeam. Bah, shame. It would have been a lot more entertaining to have seen it suffer from some more status effecting moves. Y'know...like poisoning.

Volt Tackle, being the flashy pseudo quick attack that it is, doesn't really look half bad. And the way it was animated as you saw Pika launching itself like a living missle and ripping through the Rocket mecha like paper looked incredibly cool. Though considering that a pretty decent team of animators handled this particular episode, I'm not expecting it to look this good in future episodes. I do hope this doesn't end up being a one-off.

Manene = Feckin' adorable. That thing gets cuter with each episode it appears in. It imitated the other characters a lot more than usual, and its appearence in the motto was thumbs-up material.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    That discussion is SO 24 hours ago.
    Well excuse me, for not wanting to waste my time looking through the whole damn thread, to see what everyone has already talked about!

Banner made by Umi Mizuno

Factory Head Noland Guest

Just watched the episode.

The egg looks like the colour of an Eevee but the design of a Zigzagoon. I think an Eevee is more likely but they are so limited with what they can do...
    I hope it evolves quite quickly as I cannot see us being amused with an Eevee for too long.
    Bring on the D/P Eeveelution!

Volt Tackle just looks cool, I love the speed that Pikachu went at when it used it. And the blurry outline looked great. It must be one powerful attack to be able to break through Team Rocket's robot like that.
    I hope it's used but not overused (like Pikachu's Iron Tail <3)

I thought this was a much better episode than I thought it would've been. A cameo for Vulpix was a good thing, we haven't seen it for a while.

Vileplume VS Munchlax was actually a great battle, it was good to see Munchlax let rip (and actually see it battle! o.o), double Solarbeam = awesome.

I love seeing Pokemon Eggs and identifying the Pokemon they're gonna be, 'tis fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Factory Head Noland
    I love seeing Pokemon Eggs and identifying the Pokemon they're gonna be, 'tis fun.
    They do look good in the anime, it'd be great if they made an effort to have them look like this in the games.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Nobody mentioned the fact that Haruka is holding an egg infront of her chest yet... Think Eevee is going to have pillows unlike togepi?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Angel
    Nobody mentioned the fact that Haruka is holding an egg infront of her chest yet... Think Eevee is going to have pillows unlike togepi?

LOL! That's a good one!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Angel
    Wow. I believe you deserve a cookie for pointing that out before the rest of us.

Fastest hatched egg ever?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I thought the egg looked like a Zigzagoon egg

Quote Originally Posted by Torchic23
    I thought the egg looked like a Zigzagoon egg
    Good, good for you.

I hope she doesn't keep it held there through the whole series, for more than one reason. The next 100 episodes would start with May rubbing/looking at her Egg.

Off Topic: Does anyone like Manene?

End of post.

Hells yeah i like manene.lol. That thing is so damn adorable and cute. If you havent seen this episode then u should really go ahead and watch it. Manene had an extra role in the TR motto and the way it imitated them was just amazing. Manene is getting better with every episode in my opinion.

Saw this episode,did anyone else notice TR did the same motto as the Dojo episode? Except Manene did the star thingy? <-- Said in other thread but it got closed.
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast