Thread: Suggestions for Jolteon please.

Default Suggestions for Jolteon please.

Wow... seems I'm into a Vow-breaking spree. >.>

Oh well... I need help. I have a Jolteon setted up as a Parashuffler (Thunder Wave + Roar, you know... I guess.). I know it's not the best of the ideas, and not because Blissey runs rampant here (It doesn't. Neither do any kind of Cleric for that matter...), but because of Jolty's total lack of lastability. I've been thinking to have a Baton Passing Set or a Wish Set, but I'm not sure. And since I'm not eager to waste Substitute's Move Tutor or restarting LeafGreen for the uptempth time, I wanna see what'd be better for my Team...

Those are the Sets I'm thinking about...

Set #1:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Substitute/Agility
    Baton Pass

Set #2:
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power [Grass/Water/Ice]
    Substitute/Agility
    Baton Pass

Set #3:
    Thunderbolt
    Substitute/Agility/Thunder Wave
    Substitute/Agility/Thunder Wave
    Baton Pass

Set #4:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Hidden Power [Grass/Water/Ice]
    Wish

I also need suggestions for his Item. Salac Berry, Leftovers or Petaya Berry? The EV Spread I tend to use is 200 SA/Sp, 56 SD and 54 HP... but I'll accept suggestions for this too. I also like Modest Nature...

And well... here's my Team so you can choose the best Set for my new Jolteon easier.

Gardy
    EVs: 252 SA... and I forgot the rest.
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Synchronize

Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind
    Destiny Bond
    @Lum Berry

Kireihana
    EVs: 124 HP/Df/SA/SD, 14 Sp.
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Chlorophyll

Magical Leaf
    Hidden Power [Fire]
    Sleep Powder
    Synthesis
    @Leftovers

Aquarius
    EVs: 252 HP, 128 Df, 124 SD, 4 Sp.
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Torrent

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Haze
    Rest
    @Leftovers/Chesto Berry

Crusher
    EVs: 252 At, 129 Sp/HP
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Hyper Cutter

Hidden Power [Bug]
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide
    Swords Dance
    @Salac Berry/Leftovers

Etowa-Ryu
    EVs: 200 At/Sp, 56 HP, 54 SD
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Intimidate

Aerial Ace
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Dragon Dance
    @Leftovers

Here it is. Tell me which Jolteon Moveset would be better for my Team, and if you want, rate the Team too.

Note that this Team is for Link Battles and Battle Frontier, but since I really want not-as close-minded advice, I posted it here. I hope you can help me, though...

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Orion-Sama; 10th November 2005 at 12:42 AM.

Paired with the adorable Avegaille ~ <3

Well here's what I think:
    Rain dance, thunderbolt, thunder, iron tail or quick attack.

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyXD
    Well here's what I think:
    Rain dance, thunderbolt, thunder, iron tail or quick attack.
    And here's what I think about your set:
    It's total rubish.

The sets Orion Master posted are 100 times better than yours. Never use attack moves of the same type, Thunder-dancing isn't great, and Jolteon's attack is terrible.

As for the topic at hand, I think either Set#2 or #3 will work best for your team. Though I think any of those sets will work, but I'm not too thrilled about #4.

Well, it's definitely better than KirbyXD's suggestion.

Are you happy now?

WTF! everybody always disagrees. I'll go with #3

If you read this (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=9124), the Game Mechanics guide on the main site, and my comments, you'll know why.

Are you happy now?

Hey OM. Seeing you in the RMT Section is quite a sight indeed. Next up, watch me venture into the Shipping Section =O

Personally, I like #2 best. Jolteon isn't meant to last, but it can Pass fairly well with good Speed and Sp. Attack to knock out potential threats.

Also, kudos to you for getting such excellent Hidden Powers for your Pokémon. I do so remember the agony of trying to get a Modest HP Ice Moltres, Adamant HP Fighting Unown, Jolly HP Ghost Hitmonchan......Yeah, it's horror. So congrats, it takes true patience to work toward such a goal persistently.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

PhiJer Guest

not thunder AND bolt..that is so unnessesery

Rain dance, thunder, agility and baton

Quote Originally Posted by PhiJer
    not thunder AND bolt..that is so unnessesery

Rain dance, thunder, agility and baton
    K, why waste a turn making sure Thunder never misses when you can just use T-Bolt and not miss in the first place? Plus, Rain Dance says hi to Swift Swimmers, and you've left yourself open to a finishing blow from your opponent. gj, you've just made a great set-up for the opposite team

Not to mention, your 'brilliant' strategy gets Walled hard by Marowak, who, if wielding a Thick Club, lols as it sets up freely and proceeds to destroy your team.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

yes lets use rain dance and get ko'd on the same turn, GREAT ****ING PLAN THERE HOTSHOT

also

rain dance + thunder VS turns of thunderbolt

1)
    rain dance = 0 power
    bolt = 95 power

2)
    thunder = 120
    bolt = 190

3)
    thunder = 240
    bolt = 285

4)
    thunder = 360
    bolt = 380

5)
    thunder = 480
    bolt = 475

WOW GREAT JOB WASTING 5 TURNS TO MAKE RAIN DANCE + THUNDER MORE EFFECTIVE THEN JUST THUNDERBOLT

anyway

substitute/baton pass/thunderbolt/hidden power [grass/ice]

is the only usable jolteon set
    Hey unfaithful!

musics
    PM for B/W wi-fi battles. If you hack... don't bother, i'll still win.

Thanks for the suggestions, people. I was expecting Set #2 to be chosen, seeing it was the "Standard" and such ( ), but I just wanted to confirm...

I'll make this. I'll test Agility first, though (Team needs Speed more than lastability.), and if I don't see it working, I'll teach Substitute. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    Also, kudos to you for getting such excellent Hidden Powers for your Pokémon. I do so remember the agony of trying to get a Modest HP Ice Moltres, Adamant HP Fighting Unown, Jolly HP Ghost Hitmonchan......Yeah, it's horror. So congrats, it takes true patience to work toward such a goal persistently.
    Hehe, thanks. ^^ It wasn't as hard for me. Somehow, I'm 00ber lucky when it comes to Hidden Power. Weird, seeing how I'm the most unlucky person alive. It just took me 5 hatchlings with the right Nature to get the HP Fire Oddish and the HP Bug Pinsir I wanted. Nature Breeding helps too much too. So far, the only failure was my Hitmonchan, whom ended with awful IVs and HP Bug, and it wouldn't get HP Ghost ever despite the father being my Colosseum's Hitmontop with HP Ghost. Might try it again someday, though...

Aming for Nature AND Hidden Power on a Legendary seems a bit extreme, though. Lotsa congrats on that. O_O;

Thanks again everyone! And just as I expected... an argument brewed. =o

Paired with the adorable Avegaille ~ <3