Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Warrior (428)

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    Hey, any sign of the Zigza- I mean, the "mysterious" egg hatching yet???
    Haruka just got that egg. Why on Earth would it be hatching now? Especially since there's mention of an egg getting stolen quite a few episodes after this.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Well...well...i jsut saw some of this ep's pics...and it's preety cool...

Squirtle...does a good job on APPEAL ...lol

it's ending was cool...with Ice Beam ...i loved it...

And combusken did a good job, but i'd love to see some appealing from it..lol
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

I think the reason why we haven't seen Munchlax in a contest battle yet is because they don't want to give away *too* many of a new pokemon's attacks. Think about it. Have we really seen that many concrete moves coming out of 4th generation pokemon? The Munch will probably be used in a contest as we get closer to D/P and they are more willing to give out info on the new pokemon.
    well it knows 3 attacks. Metronome, solar beam, and focus punch. I don't think they're holding back at all really.
    So Combusken didn't evolve?
    they blew another great oppurtunity! first the sneasel and Mr.Mime ep and now this!
    you actually though it would evolve? come on it was just battling a venusaur. According to you combusken battlig anything that is at a higher stage would be a perfect time for it to evolve. Also I think it would be too soon I mean may just recently got a squirtlre and has an egg with her.

Well I saw pics. Basically there was a contest in silver town May enters it and Jessie says it is beneath her to enter in small town contests. So Jessie goes berry hunting and pretty much disappears for the entire episode and one thing noted is that Manene stays on James' shoulder the entire episode. Anyway Ash and co. meet a couple who is going to watch the contest and has a very quick chat with May. May decides to use squirtle for the appeal and combusken for attack later on. Before she enters Squirtle is covered in flowers and may eventually takes it all off it. For appeal Squirtle used bubble and a big bubble is formed in the center then it uses ice beam and the bubble pops leaving this magnificient ice thing that formed around the giant bubble before it popped. Then mister guitar dude comes out and uses butterfree after his appeal the couple that Ash and co. met before come onto the stage and complain to him because they don't want him to participate in it but, he says it has been his life dream and the audience does an aww sort of thing and the couple lets him continue. Of course May,guitar guy, and two other randomn people make it. May's combusken creams the executor and Guitarist's venusaur defeats vileplume. Then Venusaur and combusken face off. Venusaur is at first winning then it uses frenzy plant which brings down may's points alot but, Venusaur is affected by recoil which causes it to be immobile for a brief time which allows May to order multiple pecks at venusaur. Guatarist risks frenzy plant again and uses it and may has a sliver a point left but, then orders a sky uppercut and venusaur is knocked out and may wins. Ash and Co. say goodbye and TR gets attacked by Beedrills.
    Last edited by ghost master; 11th November 2005 at 3:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    well it knows 3 attacks. Metronome, solar beam, and focus punch. I don't think they're holding back at all really.
    What packerdan means is.... They aren't ready to show it in contests because it's actual data from the Diamond/Pearl games hasn't been released yet. We do not know if it will get a move list similar to Snorlax or if it will receive an entirely new line-up.

Right now, all of it's attacks could be considered TMs or Move Tutor attacks.... That is to say, they're attacks that are learned based on outside influence rather inside influence and therefore will have little effect on what Munchlax can actually learn. Giving it attacks like Solarbeam and Focus Punch have no consequence. If they gave Munchlax an attack outside these parameters, then they could potentially have a continuity problem. (Little aside here: it seems they don't care about this with other Pokemon, as seen by Charizard's dragonbreath most recently. what makes Munchlax so special I don't know)

That entire cause leads into the thing with the contests. They don't want to place Munchlax in one because Contests usually mean growth and development in a larger scale, something they do not want to tackle yet with Munchlax.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Did Squirtle use Rapid Spin ( in a combo with Ice beam)?

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

VenusaurMaster Guest

This episode stinks! ANYONE GO AND BEAT MAY! I ALWAYS WANTED MAY TO BE DEFEATED, BUT NOW I WANT HER TO BE DEFEATED SO BADLY! VENUSAUR ROCKS, AND NOW I HATE MAY! SOMEONE! sOMEONE! BEAT THAT MAY!

I agree with VenusaurMaster. Combusken should have ready to be served with a side of Noddles at Freeway Fritz yet took out Venusaur in two hits after it had been owning its rear for more than half of the battle. Seriously, anything defeat May and I mean absolutely destroy her.

So, the guy was a corporate type who wore the rocker costume to relive his past. Like Phantom Jr. an interesting character reduced to May's punching bag.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

damn VenusaurMaster relax lol. I've seen the episode. May uses Ice beam with a combination of rapid spin i think i really dont understand japanese. May definetly did some off screen training with squirtle cuz theres no way squirtle could've pulled that appeal off without some. Venasaur vs. Combusken was good in my opinion, may uses fire spin at first but vensaurs vine whip rips through it with nothing and mays points drop. I like how with a little bit of life left combusken runs through the vines of the frenzy plant attack and sky uppercuts venasaur, nicely done. o and i want to point out something real quick this is the second contest in kanto and still they didn't give points for the appeal i hope they change that since i like to know what score they achieve for their appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusaurMaster
    This episode stinks! ANYONE GO AND BEAT MAY! I ALWAYS WANTED MAY TO BE DEFEATED, BUT NOW I WANT HER TO BE DEFEATED SO BADLY! VENUSAUR ROCKS, AND NOW I HATE MAY! SOMEONE! sOMEONE! BEAT THAT MAY!
    The episode sucks just because she beat your favourite? And now you hate Haruka just because she beat one of your favourites?

...grow up.

I agree with VenusaurMaster. Combusken should have ready to be served with a side of Noddles at Freeway Fritz yet took out Venusaur in two hits after it had been owning its rear for more than half of the battle. Seriously, anything defeat May and I mean absolutely destroy her.
    yes heaven forbid Combusken actually do good against something it should do well against.Also did anyone notice her egg was nowhere to be seen in this episode.
    Last edited by ghost master; 11th November 2005 at 9:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    So why does Haruka have her Gonbe around if she's not going to use it in Contests?
    It seems to be a recurring theme in Pokemon for the characters to lug around pokemon that they barely use... they seem to only serve as pokeball-warmers or something.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Her egg was shown, max was holding it. When Squirtle ran off somewhere and may was looking for it max,brock and ash showed up and max had it in his hands.

YES! I was worried that May would be constantly holding that egg in front of her chest until it hatched. Thank goodness the writers realized that would be incredible injustice for it to be there in every episode.

Team Rocket Admin is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

"Silver Town" WTF?????????
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Venusaur vs Combusken was kinda short...

Either way, Frenzy Plant was pretty badass looking

Silver Town" WTF?????????
    Come on TRA you've been here long enough to realize they make up towns all the time.

Great episode. I didnt like it though because the announcer keeps on going "Are you Reeaddy?"
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Frenzy Plant was cool and Squirtle was great at appeal. That's all Ive got to say

I like May alot... but I'm getting tired of her winning every contest she enters... I'd like her to lose one for a change...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Well to be fair, she just lost the Grand Festival. She's only had two wins in a row, and Combusken defeating Venusaur was a given, just because Combusken is so damn awesome.

Ash needs to lose again too, but I guess the writers consider the leagues the "loss" for both characters. Thus now they're getting wins to make up for it.

Just seen the pictures, looked quite good, not great, but still....good.

Tis Giovanni!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Just seen the pictures, looked quite good, not great, but still....good.

Tis Giovanni!!
    You're right. It is Giovanni, with a mullet. XD

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe

Tis Giovanni!!
    exact same thing I thought when I saw that guy... exact same features... crazy...

"Team Rock and Roll"
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Sabre Guest

Response to picture: This would be the animators being lazy about character designs, that it is. P:

...and to stay on-topic, this episode was rather boring. |: I was hoping for much more a fight from Venusaur... it wasn't particularily great that her Combusken defeated it with one hit -- because if they had been given a longer time to battle, perhaps it could have actually shown it's mettle as her Pokemon, and shown that it (and May) had developed enough to defeat a really powerful Pokemon such as Venusaur, using Frenzy Plant (which in the anime is really very good...). *sigh* Oh well. The writers will never fully meet my expectations, but I'm not carping just yet. P:

If you want lazy, just look at this shot.
    A blue Breloom, a Marril with green/white/whatever ears, and a Linoone with yellow and red stripes. Why stick to the official colors when you can make up your own!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast