Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Warrior (428)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre
    it wasn't particularily great that her Combusken defeated it with one hit
    ONE HIT? What the heck do you call the flurry of Pecks that occurred just a few moments before that if they weren't hits? -_- People, come ON, before posting about this episode, could you at least use a little brainpower?

Loved the piano version of Smile, and the Combusken/Venusaur battle was excellent, as was Squirtle's appeal.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Unfortunately we have to settle with Screen shots that can leave out important event because they happen during a gap. Combusken could have opened a Jump Point and brought in a Centurai Battlecruiser in to vaporize Venusaur for all we know.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    If you want lazy, just look at this shot.
    A blue Breloom, a Marril with green/white/whatever ears, and a Linoone with yellow and red stripes. Why stick to the official colors when you can make up your own!
    As bad as that is, I still think the Tetsuya battle episode was worse. :x
    ~

If you want lazy, just look at this shot.
    A blue Breloom, a Marril with green/white/whatever ears, and a Linoone with yellow and red stripes. Why stick to the official colors when you can make up your own!
    No, no... those are just super-rare pokemon, the writers are just teasing us with signs of what is to come in the future of Pokemon... if only.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Should we be worried if the animators are getting THAT lazy?

Probably. Having horrible animation once was just annoying, but when it happens again it's not a good sign. I'm just glad we haven't seen any more CG stuff recently. :s
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Should we be worried if the animators are getting THAT lazy?
    It's the sign of the end of the world because the Pokemon animators are lazy bumbs who couldn't color to save their lives. Not mention it's point and click now a days. Unlike when they actually had to paint the cells.

BrokenDreams Guest

No the writers are just retards

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenDreams
    No the writers are just retards
    I'm inclined to agree, but I don't see what they have to do with the animation errors. >_>
    ~

I was thinking the same thing. When both your writers AND your animators are beginning to suck, you know you have problems.

Is it me or did loads of charecters look like Giovanni? I mean they all had Giovanni features, tis scary o0.

So are all the contests in Kanto going to be one pokemon for appeals and one for battling? As for Freenzy Plant it was pretty wicked ^.^ And about those colors *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    YES! I was worried that May would be constantly holding that egg in front of her chest until it hatched. Thank goodness the writers realized that would be incredible injustice for it to be there in every episode.
    I know, if she did I'd probly never be able to watch Pokemon with a smile again. Hope she doesn't do a Misty. But then, Togepi had a rough ride on it's journey. Anyway, Frenzy Plant looked might fine, but Venusaur got it's *** handed to it on a plate. Go May!

Does anyone know if May finnaly DOES get a Blaziken? It seems so because they seem evolve almost every Pokemon in the Advanced series .

End of post.

I still f***ing hate that turtle. Damn you Glory Day! Why did you have to practically re-show every frame of animation that the thing appeared in throughout this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    So why does Haruka have her Gonbe around if she's not going to use it in Contests?

Either get a new pokemon or start using your Gonbe, because I don't want to see Zenigame / Wakashamo in every Contest.
    Yes, yes, agreed. For god's sake. out of Zenigame and Gonbe, please use the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Probably. Having horrible animation once was just annoying, but when it happens again it's not a good sign. I'm just glad we haven't seen any more CG stuff recently. :s
    um.... what do you call Zenigame's bubbles, then?

Since there's some confusion in the early posts, let me clear something up.... that wasn't a "couple" that Haruka was talking to near the beginning of this episode. That was actually a mother and son, whom were looking for Ogata, the salaryman/rocker who's a husband and father to them (as if the flashback didn't make that obvious enough). And kudos for making Fushigisou appear in that flashback as opposed to yet another Fushigidane. And kudos a second time for acknowledging that Frenzy Plant forces the user to rest afterwards.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Shadowcat Guest

Well, it seems that guy with the guitar in the flashbacks, looks like Giovanni to me. Or is it the salaryman guy? Anyway, I am such a failure at reading that.

Also, Gonbe may be used soon, we shall never know.

What was up with this extreme close-up of Haruka's chest shot they insisted on using constantly? >_>

I was a little dissapointed by Haruka's big contest battle. It wasn't particulary bad or anything, and a lot of the techniques and strategies used were pretty neat, but IMO it was far too short and ended far too quickly.
    And thats because the majority of the episode focused on Mr. Salaryman's sob story. Not that I think its a bad thing, because its always nice to get a little backstory behind Haruka's opponents.
    But really, part of me wishes this had been a two parter. That way we would have had an episode to focus on this guy's troubles, and the next we could have a really good set of kickass battling.

But despite that this was a pretty OK episode. The appeals were fun to watch, the characters introduced were anything but typical and the final battle was fine. 'Shamo running down the Frenzy Plant vines was awesome :P

I also liked how they pretty much completely wrote Team Rocket out of the entire episode. That is the sort of thing they should do more often, and definatly the sort of thing they should do for every Gym battle. A short sequence at the begining, and a short sequence at the end. It worked perfectly.

What was up with this extreme close-up of Haruka's chest shot they insisted on using constantly? >_>
    They're teasing us. They've gotta be.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    They can get away with that because the camera still half-way focuses on her neck, it's not completely focusing on her breasts, just her upper chest. I think they did that in an older contest episode too, but whatever the case may be I hope they continue.

But really, part of me wishes this had been a two parter. That way we would have had an episode to focus on this guy's troubles, and the next we could have a really good set of kickass battling.
    who wants to bet that, as opposed to lengthening this plot into a two-parter, they're gonna waste their time and money on a total crap filler between now and when Diamond/Pearl are released, proving once again that they had absolutely no reason to rush things?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I think the breast thing about this episode was that tit incorporated some effective stratittes and presented us with some amazing comboobs. Uh. Combat.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Darn, where have I been I was going to post that.

But hey - who's complaining?

*waits for rush of Misty fans*

End of post.

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I think the breast thing about this episode was that tit incorporated some effective stratittes and presented us with some amazing comboobs. Uh. Combat.
    That's the funniest thing I've read in ages.

I think it was too rushed, and would be better as a 2-parter.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    And so, it just goes to show you, that you can always count on V Faction to deliver some laughs.

And so, it just goes to show you, that you can always count on V Faction to deliver some laughs.
    I'm just fortunate that you guys enjoy my humor. Otherwise, I would have been out of a job long ago.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Just seen the pictures, looked quite good, not great, but still....good.

Tis Giovanni!!
    Giovanni in the early 80's! Didn't you guys know? He toured with Sabbath and Iron Maiden back in the day with his early metal band, "The Rockets". \m/

FR's English title prediction: "I'm Your Venusaur!" (parody of the chorus of the song Venus)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast