Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Warrior (428)

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby
    FR's English title prediction: "I'm Your Venusaur!" (parody of the chorus of the song Venus)
    I don't really like it. You do know that you can't predict eppy titles in these topics?

Looking at a few piccies, I like the character because it seems like he leads a double life.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Quote Originally Posted by -Absol-
    I don't really like it. You do know that you can't predict eppy titles in these topics?

Looking at a few piccies, I like the character because it seems like he leads a double life.
    He probably got the dub name because of the recent "It's still Rocket Roll to me", but it would be pretty funny to see if it actually got that. Probably won't be though.

End of post.

Squirtle in appeals > Squirtle in battles.

So, what it did in this episode looked quite impressive, I admit. Especially the second part of its appeal, when it blasted the bubbles with Ice Beam.
    And Combusken was totally awesome. Just how Combusken fought back right after the second Frenzy Plant attack hit it in the face proves how cool it is. Really, I have no problem with the fact that it won, but I would have, as many already said, liked it even better if the battle hadn't been so short.

Alriiight, Ogata immediately made it into the list of my favorite coordinators, right after Harley and Grace. They made a nice contrast between his clumsy behavior when he arrived at the stage and his powerful performances throughout the competition. I really like the idea of an employee being interested in Contests (and Pokémon, of course) with the other family members calling him crazy for that. On a side note, his voice in the flashback seemed to be Kojirou's, huh?

Good episode. Nothing compared to the Battle Arena ep though. XD

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Sushi Sushi Sushi. Mind filling me in on the attacks used in the episode? I've got Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, and Frenzy Plant for Venusaur, Poisonpowder and Stun Spore for Butterfree, and possibly Rapid Spin for Squirtle. Any others?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Sushi Sushi Sushi. Mind filling me in on the attacks used in the episode? I've got Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, and Frenzy Plant for Venusaur, Poisonpowder and Stun Spore for Butterfree, and possibly Rapid Spin for Squirtle. Any others?

Whirlwind and Safeguard for Butterfree too

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    Squirtle in appeals > Squirtle in battles.
    Maybe, but squirtle is still relatively young and inexperienced... I'm sure its battling skills will eventually improve.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Sushi was expressing her opinion. An opinion that implies Squirtle is preferred to be appealing rather than battling.

If that's the case, I have to agree. I don't like watching "Squirt" fighting, because that increases the odds that it might just win. And it should NEVER win. We might end up with a repeat Ariados incident on our hands.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Is it just me or would this episode have been just fine without ANY TR? In fact, it might have been better with the time taken to show Team Rocket are alive to be used for contest battles?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Is it just me or would this episode have been just fine without ANY TR? In fact, it might have been better with the time taken to show Team Rocket are alive to be used for contest battles?
    There's actually a few episodes I've seen where it seems that Team Rocket was only included because the writers felt that they had to be...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

as Much I like May, she realy should have lost this one..... I mean she was so low on points when her opponent was adverage, and with less then 15 seconds left she won! I mean how unbelivable is that?
    and what the crap where TR doing?
    plus the episode was rushed, worse contest ever

4/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    as Much I like May, she realy should have lost this one..... I mean she was so low on points when her opponent was adverage, and with less then 15 seconds left she won! I mean how unbelivable is that?
    Comments like that should be meant towards the previous contest. This contest made a bit more sense, considering they took Frenzy Plant's drawback from the games and incorporated it into the anime, giving Haruka the time needed to make a quick comeback. Plus, rather than an inexperienced baby, she won with what's most likely her strongest Pokemon.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Comments like that should be meant towards the previous contest. This contest made a bit more sense, considering they took Frenzy Plant's drawback from the games and incorporated it into the anime, giving Haruka the time needed to make a quick comeback. Plus, rather than an inexperienced baby, she won with what's most likely her strongest Pokemon.
    all the kanto contests are realy rushed and annoying at the moment.....

The frenzy plant thing was the only good thing about this contest
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    The frenzy plant thing was the only good thing about this contest
    Thats not true at all. It was still a good battle, but it was just far too short.

Which is why they should have left TR out of the episode. The time wasted on them could have gone to a longer to Chicken v. Toad battle.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I thought the episode was pretty good. I liked the ending with Team Rocket although I'm not sure what they were looking for.

I beileve they were looking for berries

Too bad this wont be in america for quite some time. T_T *cries*...sigh...

Diamond and Pearl
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

is there any episode where TR wasnt in it (-1st ep)
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

What attack was Butterfree using when it was glowing!?
    Was the Purple dust Poisonpowder or Sleep Powder!?
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Mawile_Eyes Guest

Yes, i think that's Poison Power and Stun Spore
    Then maybe it used Confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Mawile_Eyes
    Thanks!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Quote Originally Posted by Mawile_Eyes

Butterfree used Poison Powder(purple), Stun Spore(Orange) and Whirlwind for move them . The green light is Safeguard

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Blaziken master Guest

I felt they could have used something more interesting than a butterfree, like a qwilfish or something

DSRGBA: No, there wasn't. (Not of the normal episodes, anyway. I haven't seen them myself, but from the pictures, TR isn't in Snorlax Snowman, The Cabin, Kanga Games, Stantler's Little Helpers or We The Pichu Brothers. They aren't in A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together!)

What I wonder is how in the hell Frenzy Plant could take away more than a third of Haruka's points the first time, but less that 1/6 the second. (Unless you count the block plus the hit, but even then, it's less than the first time.) And as much as I like TR, TBA is right.
    Ogata was an interesting character, too. I did like the contrast between his clumsy corporate man self and his rock coordinator style. I felt bad when everybody was laughing at him, though. However, it was cool when he showed them what he was instead.

I think his "real" self only appeared clumsy because he was all rushed and frantic. Since he was so together as a rocker, he probably isn't really a klutz.

Ever get up late for school, and knock over something in your rush to get out the door? Same deal.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast