Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Warrior (428)

I thought this was a reasonable one.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Default Shamo, Shamo, Shamo, SHA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Nothing beats "Shamo, Shamo, Shamo SHA!", but if it's better than 4Kids effort AND sounds like the Karate Chick that it should be, then that's A-OK in this sauce's book.
    I am so glad that people are liking Combusken. I know there were some people who were less than thrilled with Grovyle and I was concerned that the same sentiment would occur with Combusken.
    While I have to agree that nothing beats "Shamo, Shamo, Shamo, SHA!" (we always have a great laugh in the studio listening to that) I am happy with my performance as the Kung Fu Chicken.
    He's just so much fun. He looks both funny and cool at the same time. He's got great moves (my favorite being Sky Uppercut) (BTW, expect to hear some lung ripping Uppercuts in future episodes).
    But the most important thing is...he's a chicken! I heard the original 4Kids voice for him and tried to stay faithful, but at the same time, really wanted to keep the spirit of chicken in him. I damn near wet myself when he goes to peck out Venusaur's eyes. It was the highlight of my day when I dubbed that. He's one bad mother-chicken, and he don't mind fighting dirty.
    Sorry to get all fanboy here, but COMBUSKEN ROCKS!!! Definately in my top 5!

Quote Originally Posted by Parukia View Post
    Am i the only one who noticed the purple brloom in this episode im watching the sceen over and over(i have TIVO ^_^) and its puple i mean WTF?!?!?!
    No you aren't, I also kept rewinding my DVR although I don't think it was a Breloom, or any other current Pokemon for that matter.

If you look at the 1st pic on the 2nd row of this link http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/428.shtml you can see this mystery pokemon (the blue-purple one with a green collar), the reason I say it isn't a Breloom is, (a breeloom pic is in this link http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/358ps6.shtml)
    1. The green collar around it neck, Brellom's collar sticks out, this one bends down.

2. Breloom have 2 little mushrooms on there head, neither of these little mushrooms are there.

3. Breloom's head is shaped like a mushroom, the mystery pokemon's isn't.

So if anyone knows what the pokemon in the link above is, please tell me.

I think the animation in that specific Pic was just really off. If you look at Shroomish, one of its bigger spots is the same color as its 'skin', and Marill's ears are white as opposed to red. I think it's just a pathetically shoddy Breloom, but hey, who knows? Maybe it's some random Pokémon that doesn't come to mind at first. Maybe it's a D/P Pokémon. Maybe it's an Omega Metroid. It's hard to tell, tbh.

?*V Tsun*?
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

NewBrock, I am EXTREMELY glad you're working with PUSA now. You're possibly the best talent they have. You're doing a pretty spiffy Brock, and you're Grovyle is nearly spotless. And, I believe your Combusken may be almost exactly like the Japanese voice...only you can't really yell "SHAMO SHAA!".

One thing I'm concerned about...the new contest judges. Do you know who voiced them?

Keep up the great work, NewBrock. Can't wait to see the Bonsly capture epi-it'll be a great Brock-centered one for you. (I wonder if he's dubbed it yet?)

~Bulbs
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I think the Appeals look alot better in the new Kanto format. I don't know if it changed with the voice actors, but the contests seem to be cooler. I mean, in Hoenn, basically all Beautifly did was create sparkles. But May's Squirtle was AWESOME!

~*~Made by Me~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    NewBrock, I am EXTREMELY glad you're working with PUSA now. You're possibly the best talent they have. You're doing a pretty spiffy Brock, and you're Grovyle is nearly spotless. And, I believe your Combusken may be almost exactly like the Japanese voice...only you can't really yell "SHAMO SHAA!".

One thing I'm concerned about...the new contest judges. Do you know who voiced them?

Keep up the great work, NewBrock. Can't wait to see the Bonsly capture epi-it'll be a great Brock-centered one for you. (I wonder if he's dubbed it yet?)

~Bulbs
    Thank you for the high praise. I am doing my best to make the transition a smooth one. But I'm also having a blast doing it.

I'm not really sure who is handling the new contest judges. sorry. We're so busy running around doing the show that I only really have time to focus on the characters assigned to me.
    Speaking of which, the Bonsly episode is done and I am really happy with Brock's performance. There are lots of great Brock moments in it. It airs in a few weeks and I think the fans are gonna be real happy with it. And to answer the question that many asked at Comic Con, his name is Bon-SLY, not Bons-LEE. Proper corrections have been made and he sounds adorable. NewAsh and I heard it in a recent session and we love the new voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post

~Bulbs
    Thank you for the high praise. I am doing my best to make the transition a smooth one. But I'm also having a blast doing it.

I'm not really sure who is handling the new contest judges. sorry. We're so busy running around doing the show that I only really have time to focus on the characters assigned to me.
    Speaking of which, the Bonsly episode is done and I am really happy with Brock's performance. There are lots of great Brock moments in it. It airs in a few weeks and I think the fans are gonna be real happy with it. And to answer the question that many asked at Comic Con, his name is Bon-SLY, not Bons-LEE. Proper corrections have been made and he sounds adorable. NewAsh and I heard it in a recent session and we love the new voice.

Sorry about that gang. Had some computer troubles and ended up with multiple posts.
    Last edited by NewBrock; 25th September 2006 at 4:25 AM.

Well, this was definitely an entertaining episode. I really liked Jeremy and his son, though his wife was a bit annoying at first. I think I would have liked the flashbacks a bit better if young Jeremy didn't look disturbingly like Giovanni with a wig, but the episode as a whole made him one of the more interesting characters of the season so far. I liked how Lillian and Jeremy both made the contest crowd crack up too.

Overall, 7/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I liked this contest...Jeremy was kinda hot. I can't remember Combusken's voice, so I can't comment on that. I like how the egg disappeared for all of the contest until the end with Max holding it.

I did notice that the Beedrill at the end kept its "tsupea" (Spear) call from Japan.

NewBrock, you continue to improve. Thank you. I wish you could tell NewAsh and NewJames to read some criticism on their voices.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I forgot to add that the only thing I didn't like about this ep was Jeremy's wife and her hatred for Pokemon. It kinda reminded me about the two-part Contest episode in Hoenn.

Did she hate Pokemon? It seemed to me that she was just annoyed that her businessman of a husband was acting like a teenager.

I also noticed that the Beedrill kept their Japanese voice.

Meh... May's voice was better than usual, but it could still use some improvement. I'm sure it'll improve over time, though.

I don't care one way or the other about Contesta's voice - all he ever says is "Good job", and stuff anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Yes, Sukizo sounded very, very different. LOL, I was like, "What the heck - Sukizo doesn't sound retarded!" And then I remembered he had a new VA... I don't care one way or the other about his voice, either.

I liked the way they portrayed Lillian. She seemed a little bit more like a real MC... and she reminded me of the Pokemon Rocks America girl. (What was her name again? Tracey?)

I do agree that the whole thing was a bit rushed. And if I was that kid(forgot his name), I'd be embarrassed as heck.

What's-her-name (the wife) should've sounded younger in the flashback...

All in all, 6/10.
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

I suppose it was a good episode, if it was a bit rushed.
    Just when I thought that the new VAs were alright, and I accepted them, they did something very wrong with one of my favourite characters from the past few series'. The 'Remarkable' Man. Just no.
    Aslo, quick question, TR were searching for berries in the grass. Why? We all know they grow on trees...

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons? View Post
    Just when I thought that the new VAs were alright, and I accepted them, they did something very wrong with one of my favourite characters from the past few series'. The 'Remarkable' Man. Just no.
    He's one of your favorite characters and you don't even know his name? o_0

(It's Sukizo, BTW.)
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

Quote Originally Posted by ER1C612 View Post
    No you aren't, I also kept rewinding my DVR although I don't think it was a Breloom, or any other current Pokemon for that matter.

If you look at the 1st pic on the 2nd row of this link http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/428.shtml you can see this mystery pokemon (the blue-purple one with a green collar), the reason I say it isn't a Breloom is, (a breeloom pic is in this link http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/358ps6.shtml)
    1. The green collar around it neck, Brellom's collar sticks out, this one bends down.

2. Breloom have 2 little mushrooms on there head, neither of these little mushrooms are there.

3. Breloom's head is shaped like a mushroom, the mystery pokemon's isn't.

So if anyone knows what the pokemon in the link above is, please tell me.
    If you loo kat the photo really closly I see 2 little mushroom things but they are kinda fuzzy, also Brelooms collar does bend down... it isn't stright out like I see in both pictures. So some wierd error proably at the studio and they slipped in a shiny Breloom by accident.

We really can't count it since it wasn't battled but maybe it was just a thing that they slipped in to fool us.

On topic: Great show, the wife was kinda dumb... at least her fat didn't cover her face like the last anti-pokemon lady. It was also a really good showing of frenzy plant. Overall very good show, and the voices got better too!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotiloco View Post
    OLD-SCHOOL PWNz !!!

Banner Created by:Llybian Minamino, Silver = best game, Typhlosion = best pokemon

Earn Free Money and Prizes: Points2Shop

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoLovesPineapples View Post
    He's one of your favorite characters and you don't even know his name? o_0

(It's Sukizo, BTW.)
    The 'Remarkable Man' sounds much better than his real name in my own opinion...
    As for that blue Breloom in the beginning, it was probably just a small artwork error, as the pokémon hardly had a seconds screentime, and not that much attention was paid to it.

Do the Robot!

I'm hoping that it wasn't an error, because it was a cool shiny Breloom.

But this episode was a great one. A pretty stupid fluke by May in this episode, by her Combusken getting tripped up by that frenzy plant move. She should have lost. But she didn't, so it was an ok K.O. By that Combusken. Dint know how it got enough power to uppercut and make that Venasaur fly. But OK. 8/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    But this episode was a great one. A pretty stupid fluke by May in this episode, by her Combusken getting tripped up by that frenzy plant move. She should have lost.
    Why exactly should May have lost? Do you ever do anything but whine about Contests battles?

It's pretty disgusting that you continue to do this when Ash defeats Pokemon the same way.

Disgusting? I don't see whats so disgusting... But its true. She Flukes just about every single one of them! But She should have lost because that Venasaur was using Frenzy Plant and tripped it up, and since its a move that stuffed up Combuskens attack, she should have run out of points to battle. But it didn't even get rid of any points and it was extremely stupid.

But that disgusting word is quite funny... Cause its not disgusting. Whats disgusting is that May won. But its a kids program and it made them happy so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    Disgusting? I don't see whats so disgusting... But its true. She Flukes just about every single one of them!
    What the hell are you talking about? You're one of the only people who whines in every Contest thread.

Geodude actually confronted you about this in the May/Jessie Contest thread but you ignored him.

But She should have lost because that Venasaur was using Frenzy Plant and tripped it up, and since its a move that stuffed up Combuskens attack, she should have run out of points to battle. But it didn't even get rid of any points and it was extremely stupid.
    Just because they didn't show the point system, doesn't mean she didn't lose points. It's not going to take away ALL her points.

But that disgusting word is quite funny... Cause its not disgusting. Whats disgusting is that May won. But its a kids program and it made them happy so yeah.
    Or rather because you have no idea what you're talking about. The battle in this episode was entirely well-scripted, and you whining that May "flukes" in every Contest shows your ignorance.

You're just one of those pathetic people that whines during every Contest episode without actual merit to your points.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 15th December 2006 at 5:14 AM.

I didnt know that Geodude asked me a question, because I dont always check up on some threads to see if people talk to me. I just say my opinion and rating and leave. But you know I have actually said good things about some contest. So dont say that im all this and that because im not. I know I whine alot. But its my opinion and I can say it whenever I want. Because this is what the threads are about. Arent they? =S

You can say whatever you want about an episode.

But that doesn't mean that someone won't eventually come along and reply to your points. People are free to respond to someone who they disagree with as well.

I never said they couldnt. I actually thought that the Frenzy plant move was the only good thing in the contest IMO but you dont have to come along and say that stuff about me. I can express what I want about this episode. But you just come along and say bad things about me, I know I say things like she flukes all the time, but I do say good things aswell.

Your opinion can be whatever the heck you want it to be. But if you fail to back it up, you just end up looking stupid when people intelligently argue against you.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast