Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Warrior (428)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    as Much I like May, she realy should have lost this one..... I mean she was so low on points when her opponent was adverage, and with less then 15 seconds left she won! I mean how unbelivable is that?
    plus the episode was rushed, worse contest ever
    Hmmm, an experienced Fire type beats a Grass type, how is that unbelievable? How could it be called the worst contest ever? I'd say that title squarely belongs to the one with Dusclops and Skitty.

I mean sheesh, the fact that Venusaur did so well was to show how powerful it was and make the episode more exciting. I certainly was impressed with how close it was. I myself remember in the games occasionally having matches where I won by only 1 HP (not that the points on the contest thing are necessarily HP) and its quite exciting.

Really, I can't see anything wrong with this episode except that maybe it was a little rushed. Squirtle's appeal was inventive and beautiful (how could anybody hate it so much after that, plus its appearence wearing the flowers) and Combusken vs. Venusaur was one of the closest battles ever in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen
    What I wonder is how in the hell Frenzy Plant could take away more than a third of Haruka's points the first time, but less that 1/6 the second. (Unless you count the block plus the hit, but even then, it's less than the first time.)
    I was under the impression it was probably because Combusken took only a minor hit the second time Frenzy Plant was used, and it dodged most of the attacks attempts to hit it.

<><><>

On another note, I think it can be assumed now that May's Squirtle is a girl, not simply for the flowers but for the feminine blushing pose it made. ^_^

Lastly, some people here are complaining about Munchlax not being used. Isn't it more realistic that way? Munchlax only recently started battling in the show, so why should it suddenly star in a contest? Even May's baby Squirtle had a few battles in various episodes before it starred in a contest. We should be HAPPY Munchlax wasn't used, and if it was I know people would be complaining about that too.

Yeah, the writers probably don't want to overuse Munchlax this early on. We know that Munchlax will still be here when the D/P region starts, and then we'll start seeing May use Munchlax over and over again.

I'd rather she rarely use it now, otherwise we'd get so sick of it being in contests already that when she uses it in the D/P region we'll be uninspired to watch it's contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    On another note, I think it can be assumed now that May's Squirtle is a girl, not simply for the flowers but for the feminine blushing pose it made. ^_^
    There's that face again.

Yeah, it's female. Or more precisely, a feminine incarnation of evil and suffering.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

a7med Guest

hey guys wehen i go to the epsode guieds i see 404 eror

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    There's that face again.
    What is wrong with the face exactly? Does it mean something I am not aware of as I thought it was just a happy smile. I'll try harder to stop using it if there's a good reason, it's just the real smilies take forever to load as they're at the very end of all the 300+ pokemon icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    What is wrong with the face exactly? Does it mean something I am not aware of as I thought it was just a happy smile. I'll try harder to stop using it if there's a good reason, it's just the real smilies take forever to load as they're at the very end of all the 300+ pokemon icons.
    It's the face you can post and get away with things when you do. Not necessary you, but other you's. Such as...

"You steaming pile of horse **** ^_^"

"That's okay, we all know your theories are a bunch of ****ed up nonsense that no one would have listened to anyway! ^_^"

"^_^ Thanks a lot you stupid ***hole."

And when I see you post it, I know you're trying to act as the voice of reason, who looks at both sides of the argument/problem/situation. It's your way of saying "Hey guys, can't we all just get along?" It doesn't have anything to do with load times or crap like that.

After all, why do you think 5000+ members use stupid faces like that in their posts? Gives 'em something to do.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

lol Jeremy looks like Giovanni with a mullet in the flashback.
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Yeah, the writers probably don't want to overuse Munchlax this early on. We know that Munchlax will still be here when the D/P region starts, and then we'll start seeing May use Munchlax over and over again.

I'd rather she rarely use it now, otherwise we'd get so sick of it being in contests already that when she uses it in the D/P region we'll be uninspired to watch it's contests.
    Roflskates.

Giovanni of the Eighties is awesome. :P

I liked this episode alot, may did awesome in the last round, i thought she was gonna loose.

This episode was great. The guy that always says “remarkable” (forgot his name) had a terrible new voice IMO. Squirtle was awesome in the preliminaries. Awesome to see Frenzy Plant. The contest was awesome.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

ughh...........may really should have lost i mean venesaur had like 20 years of experiance on combusken and that last frenzy plant should hav fainted combusken.

Hey! I've got a rather insignificant question that doesn't contribute to the 'discussion' in any way!
    Did PUSA's Combusken actually sound halfway decent? 'Halfway decent' meaning 'better than the crap it blurted out before the dubbing switch'.

Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to Combusken's voice. Beedrill kept its Japanese voice and said "Spear", however.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Hey! I've got a rather insignificant question that doesn't contribute to the 'discussion' in any way!
    Did PUSA's Combusken actually sound halfway decent? 'Halfway decent' meaning 'better than the crap it blurted out before the dubbing switch'.
    Sounded slightly better to me, like it sounded like a fighting chicken instead of some guy going.. "***-Bush-kin!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Sounded slightly better to me, like it sounded like a fighting chicken instead of some guy going.. "***-Bush-kin!"
    Nothing beats "Shamo, Shamo, Shamo SHA!", but if it's better than 4Kids effort AND sounds like the Karate Chick that it should be, then that's A-OK in this sauce's book.

When it used it's flamethrower, it was like... "COMSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

SHAMO! SHAMO! SHAMO! SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Might I add that Lilian also sounded closer to her Japanese counterpart than 4Kids' rendition did. (This one was higher-pitched) She says "Let's get busy!" instead of "Here we GO!", though. (It actually reminded me of Yamato-San's parody sub where Lilian was a hooker)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    When it used it's flamethrower, it was like... "COMSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
    As they say on the Interland Net; For The Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    She says "Let's get busy!" instead of "Here we GO!", though. (It actually reminded me of Yamato-San's parody sub where Lilian was a hooker)
    When you picture a woman in that attire, saying that line, one can't help but to chuckle up a storm.
    It doesn't matter who the hell is dubbing (or subbing!) this show. Pokémon always manages to deliver some wonderfully dodgy dialogue.

PUSA, who are like "force-feeding" the Spoiled people who like the original better everything they want, should of left her dialouge in Japanese.

So, we could hear random engrish.

This episode was one of the best contests ever! Squirtle did a great job in her appeal round and the finals match was VERY close and exciting. FINALLY one of the starter special attacks is used and its animation was great!

Lillian sounded higher pitched, but I actually like her new voice much better than the old one. The two judges, though, sounded terrible!

Quote of the episode:

I was meeting with a client and he wouldn't SHUT UP!!!!!

XD!

When you picture a woman in that attire, saying that line, one can't help but to chuckle up a storm.
    It doesn't matter who the hell is dubbing (or subbing!) this show. Pokémon always manages to deliver some wonderfully dodgy dialogue.
    Indeed. BTW, Gravy; the Robotnik/Elecbull merge is awesome. You're like the fifth person to make the coincidential connection.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Not a bad episode at all. I have to admit that May's Squirtle was practically meant for contests. I hate the voice of that judge next to the guy that says "remarkable". His new dub sounds nothing like the narrator, as it used to. Also the voice of that "remarkable" guy just doesnt work well. For the first time, the new VA for May almost sounds dead on. Ash could use a few more episodes Brock is doing great and Max, well, what do i care.

I have to agree with the fact that that guitar guy in the flashback looked a lot like Giovanni. Not too sure how you end up with that.

I also noticed that they used another strong attack within 2 episodes. Frenzy Plant here and Volt Tackle in the other one.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Am i the only one who noticed the purple brloom in this episode im watching the sceen over and over(i have TIVO ^_^) and its puple i mean WTF?!?!?!

I don't understand why Jessie didn't bother to take part in the contest after all the bragging about wanting to be a top coordinator.

Well, this was the one contest from the Battle Frontier season I have not seen until now. It was okay (even for a contest that didn't have Contestshipping or a trans). Jeremy was pretty cool when he was in contest. I swear to God, when I saw him on stage I was just waiting for the moment for his pants to split. Who else wanted to see that? Anyways, now for the one part that made me yell at the television, throw soda cans at the television and other things was when I heard Contesta and Sukizo's voices.

JESUS "TAP DANCING" CHRIST THAT WAS HORRIBLE!

Feel free to critisize whatever I said right now, but I stand by what I say dammit!

Anywho, even though I hate May's little puke-bucket Squirtle to the deepness in my soul, it was really good in the first round.

Well that's all for now!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast