Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't get into chat? Read here.

I have looked all over the thread but have not found the java script you have to download. I used to be able to connect to the Chat rooms untill i did a clean of my computer. Now all i get is a White and red X. Someone said it was because I don't have the correct java script, but didn't tell me which one to get.

Ok, I downloaded mIRC and when I connect, it keeps saying something like: Unable to connect, retrying. Connect Retry #2 Unable to connect, retrying. Connect Retry #3 etc.

Does anyone know what the problem is? And just to let you know, I have never been on the Chat before.

Try typing this~

/server irc.dejatoons.net

you might've had something mispelled
    Too many uppercase without any other lowercase in signature, so your entire signature was wiped out this time. Read the signature rules.

I got banned, i'd like to know when my banning is done please? Thanks.
    edit: WTF? I've been banned for like 20 hours!!
    Last edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum; 4th February 2008 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Usually it's determined by the script. And for some ops, they set their scripts to not have timered unbans.

And then we have to make several assumptions. Like we should assume your forum nick is the same as your nick on IRC.

-Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    1) Speak English. "I'd like to know when my banning is done" makes no literal sense.

2) Post in the right topic.

3) Provide logs/kick reasons/the name of who kicked you/hostmask if you know it.

4) Stop being a twit.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I don't see anywhere else to post this, but seem to be the only one on this thread experiencing the problem. When I go to the chat, it tells me that it can't install the ActiveX programming, and my computer tells me that it doesn't recognize the designer of the program when I tell it to manually accept. Any ideas??

updated with new server lol wat

watch me apply the pressure
    all decked in lace and leather
    3DS FC: 0817-4861-0470, PM if you add

I can't seem to get into the main SPP chat. Log:

[18:25] Connecting...
    [18:25] Logging in...
    [18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
    [18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** Found your hostname
    [18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (Open proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=124.120.229.105 for more information. If you believe you were banned in error, please visit www.purplesurge.com.)
    [18:25] Error : Closing Link: SPPGuest3865[ppp-124-120-229-105.revip2.asianet.co.th] (User has been banned from PurpleSurge (Open proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=124.120.229.105 for more information. If you believe you were banned in error, please visit www.purplesurge.com.))
    [18:25] Disconnected from irc.purplesurge.com

It's all I get. Thing is, I haven't been to the chat for about a month now if I remember correctly. I've also decided to switch to mIRC(on my mother's laptop) hoping that I could have my problem solved and for easier access. But no dice. I don't know if it's my lack of experience or something. :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tony

HotSkittyOnWailordAction is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

You got server banned. Visit the link in your G-line message.
    [IMG]http://i8.*******.com/6exwnjq.png[/IMG]
    Thank you Tori845 ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by D-Boi View Post
    I can't seem to get into the main SPP chat. Log:

[18:25] Connecting...
    [18:25] Logging in...
    [18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
    [18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** Found your hostname
    [18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (Open proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=124.120.229.105 for more information. If you believe you were banned in error, please visit www.purplesurge.com.)
    [18:25] Error : Closing Link: SPPGuest3865[ppp-124-120-229-105.revip2.asianet.co.th] (User has been banned from PurpleSurge (Open proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=124.120.229.105 for more information. If you believe you were banned in error, please visit www.purplesurge.com.))
    [18:25] Disconnected from irc.purplesurge.com

It's all I get. Thing is, I haven't been to the chat for about a month now if I remember correctly. I've also decided to switch to mIRC(on my mother's laptop) hoping that I could have my problem solved and for easier access. But no dice. I don't know if it's my lack of experience or something. :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tony
    ugh.
    The same thing happened to me in the past (it was a month ago iirc)
    Apparently, the server's Ip scanner detected your ISP as a "suspicious" one and banned your IP. I even tried sending a mail to the servers admin, legend (legend@purplesurge.com), but he didn't reply or lift the ban.
    I got eventually unbanned by asking one of the former IRCops of the server (Malice) to remove my ban, and he kindly asked Koneko/Michele (I'm not sure which) to unban me.
    Sending a pm to Malice that goes by Sephirot in this forums might be a good idea. Remember to mention your IP: "ppp-124-120-229-105.revip2.asianet.co.th"

Is there a problem with the chat at the moment? I havent been on in donkeys, got redirected to the irc.purplesurge.com server when I went to the old one, but when I get put on the new server, nothing happens at all. I click join channel and nothing happens =/

No doubt I'm being dense and missed something really obvious.

Edit - Solved myself.
    Last edited by Sunkern; 19th May 2008 at 11:23 PM.
    FC 4141-3205-9954
    Bug Type Safari with Pinsir. Just PM me your FC if you want to add me.

Also looking for shiny Sunkern and Rayquaza!

i'm sorry but how do you capture pokemon?

how do you capture pokemon?

[00:02] Connecting...
    [00:02] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

How can I Fix This?...Help!!...

Thanks in Advance

So... I haven't been able to access the chat at all on this computer. When I click the Chat link on Serebii my browser window closes after a few seconds.

If it's my internet security like I'm guessing, I have no idea what would be doing that, or where to correct it. I'm using McAfee if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmel MkII View Post
    So... I haven't been able to access the chat at all on this computer. When I click the Chat link on Serebii my browser window closes after a few seconds.

If it's my internet security like I'm guessing, I have no idea what would be doing that, or where to correct it. I'm using McAfee if that makes a difference.
    I think what your problem is, is that your internet browser does not have Java. Like if you were using Mozilla FireFox, you would have to download Java on to it. I think that if you were to download mIRC or something, you would be able to access the chat. You can download mIRC at mirc.com. ;p I think that would work, since mIRC does not use Java. So you may want to try that out. (The IRC server is irc.purplesurge.com).

Hope this helps. :]
    Had to remove image because of SPPf sig rules. :c </3
    *Nom Nom Nom*

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Milotic View Post
    I think what your problem is, is that your internet browser does not have Java. Like if you were using Mozilla FireFox, you would have to download Java on to it. I think that if you were to download mIRC or something, you would be able to access the chat. You can download mIRC at mirc.com. ;p I think that would work, since mIRC does not use Java. So you may want to try that out. (The IRC server is irc.purplesurge.com).

Hope this helps. :]
    Yes, that worked. I was hoping I could just use the browser chat, but this will do anyway. Thank you.

I'm just happy to help. :]
    *Nom Nom Nom*

I'm trying to get into wi-fi chat and I keep getting this: Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied

I don't understand the help site link and I don't understand what is really being said in this thread. What do I need to do?
    Wi-Fi Information

Generation IV: 0945 8756 3712

Generation V: 4513 8790 3689

Generation VI: 2509 2637 2112

[16:00] Connecting...
    [16:00] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 66.90.116.58:6667 connect,resolve) <---- thats what it says for me
    I am the ultimate terror that walks this Earth:Yiazmat....

Try installing mIRC then. It doesn't run on Java. SPPScript thread is stickied in this forum.
    tramps like us, baby, we were born to run.

It could also be what your host is, they may be identifying it as a proxy or something, which they block. Check PurpleSurge to see why you are being blocked, if it may be your host or something.
    *Nom Nom Nom*

It's stupid that if you literally type in <censored> you get kicked.

i cant get to enter....it says

on java

[22:30] Connecting...
    [22:30] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect
    [22:31] Connecting...
    [22:31] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

on mirc

* Disconnected
    -
    * Connecting to irc.purplesurge.com (6667)
    -
    * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

this thing is anyoing becouse i realy cant go in!

please help me....
    COME AND PLAY!

loking for: raikou jirachi and latias

ofering: gengar,dragonite,volt tackle pichu,torchic,joh starters,charmander,elekid,magby,larvitar,growligh t, dragon pulse bagon

An official shiny gold supporter. woot to G/S/C remakes!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast