Thread: is this a good blissey?

Default is this a good blissey?

I need it to finish my Battle Pike team, I need aromatherapy and softboiled, the other two, I dont know if they´re good...

blissey @leftovers
    natural cure
    impish

aromatherapy
    seismic toss
    toxic
    softboiled

another choice is replace toxic with thunder wave, but I´ll have some problems with ghosts, help me in this too.

any help would be appreciated!
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Ryou-Sama Guest

Yeah, either thunder wave or counter would probably work better than toxic. There's always the switch button if you're confronted by something you really can't beat. So as long as the rest of your team covers ghosts pretty well, it shouldn't matter much.

S:C Guest

It looks realtively okay compared to the standard, but T-wave over Toxic really would help to get Seismic Toss rolling. Ice Beam is an alternative to Thunder Wave if anything, but the Impish nature won't help that.

Obiwan Shinobi Guest

Blissey needs Bold nature.

Ice Beam/Thunder Wave>Toxic IMO.

Either Impish or Bold will do so as long as you don't use Ice Beam since Seismic Toss won't be affected. But yeah, Bold would be best. Either way, you're going to get some help with resistance to physical sweepers.

I have a question, how much the HP (health points, not hidden power) helps the battle? is it better than the defences? because I always think that
    defenses>HP.

like 2 pokemon, vaporeon and politoed both had the same defense stats in number, but vaporeon has more HP, both are striked by an attack, how much the HP will interfer the battle? there is aformula for this?

O.o I think wasn´t one question.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

i remeber my metagross hitting a blissey with brick break. even though blissey has the 2nd worst defence(next to chanseyu) it still survived cause of its HP

It's true. Here's what Smogon has to say about the EV allocation:

"A common misconception among new players is to think: 'it is meant to take special hits so I will but evs in special defense and hp.' NO. You always want to max out it's defense before anything else. Doing so will more than double it's resistance to physical moves as it's base is so low, you will find this useful."

Metafreak's scenario reinforces the importance of that concept. If HP alone was enough to help Blissey survive Brick Break, then imagine what an improved Defense rating would do for it. HP and SDef. are somewhat secondary to Blissey.

Cool

Teach Blissey a better attack to replace Seismic Toss!

Actually, don't do that. Blissey has horrible Atk. and SAtk. ratings. Those base stats are 10 and 55, respectively - lower than most middle evolutions. Seismic Toss is guaranteed damage, so it's the road to go with.

One thing I might want to remind you of is that you're going to want to watch out for those 101hp subs that won't be taken out by Seismic Toss in one hit. Don't rely too heavily on Blissey.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy
    Teach Blissey a better attack to replace Seismic Toss!
    nuh uh. BTW, i suggest:
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave
    Softboiled
    Filler
    Been gone for a while and not coming back without good reason. Visit me on Glitch City Laboratories Forums as Tombstoner. Please don't delete my account though, it contains much of my early internet life.

Aromatherapy is the standard for that last slot. In fact, Blissey shouldn't need a filler.

Obiwan Shinobi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by S:C
    Actually, don't do that. Blissey has horrible Atk. and SAtk. ratings. Those base stats are 10 and 55, respectively - lower than most middle evolutions. Seismic Toss is guaranteed damage, so it's the road to go with.

One thing I might want to remind you of is that you're going to want to watch out for those 101hp subs that won't be taken out by Seismic Toss in one hit. Don't rely too heavily on Blissey.
    Bliss has 75 base Sp. Attack, but she does have 55 base Speed.

I'd forgotten about that. Still, 75 base SAtk. isn't going to do much. I'd look for guaranteed damage instead, but Ice Beam is some nice insurance if you ever need it against a Ghost-type you can't hit with Seismic Toss.

Another set would be:
    Blissey
    Bold Nature(+Def,-Atk)
    -Calm Mind
    -Ice Beam
    -Seismic Toss
    -Aromatherapy

Ya know, that works too, but there's no HP recovery if you're not using Leftovers. I'd consider HP recovery to be more key than status riddance if you're relying on Seismic Toss, but Toxic can change that too. Perhaps you could have it hold a Lum Berry and put Softboiled into that last slot, but it's not as effective.

Perhaps the set could be
    Blissey@Leftovers
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Aromatherapy

I like the idea of BoltBeam Blissey. But again, there will be times you need to pick up more HP than Leftovers can provide. That's the reason for the standard set, so that there wouldn't be conflict. But having Seismic Toss alone on that set is what I don't like because the 101hp subs make it useless for the most part.

Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave
    Softboiled
    Filler
    Another set would be:
    Blissey
    Bold Nature(+Def,-Atk)
    -Calm Mind
    -Ice Beam
    -Seismic Toss
    -Aromatherapy
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I need it to finish my Battle Pike team, I need aromatherapy and softboiled, the other two, I dont know if they´re good...
    pay atention!

so I´ll switch toxic to T-wave. thank you! (I´m impressed, I can´t make some good defence movesets, and this should work!) thanks again.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

If you ever need standard movesets, just visit Smogon.

oh, thank you! now I mustn´t wait a pokemon turns pokemon of the week!
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"