Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are online with your DS now?

Hybrid View

Default How many of you are online with your DS now?

I'm not, but will in 15 minutes... Going to pick up my Mario Kart now. *Giggles*. Can't wait, hope to see some of you.

Lucky person, We in europe have to wait until the 25th for Mario Kart DS and the wireless functionability!

Paired with Fighting_Master back in the day

My beloved Shiny Oddish!
    By
    Yoru Ryu, of course.

I'm going to be online most likely by the new year.
    Dear Serebii forums members,
    ***I'm a guy!!!***

Improved PS1: PSone
    Improved PS2: PStwo
    Improved PSP: You figure it out

*Pair up: Sharingan*

I like Yoshis. If you do, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Yoshi Dragon)

Current system specs:
    IBM PowerPC "Gekko" 485MHz Processor, ATI Flipper, 24MB MoSys 1T-SRAM, 16MB 81MHz DRAM, Constant Angular Velocity drive, Sony 21" television

Future system specs:
    IBM Broadway 729MHz Processor, ATI Hollywood, 512MB internal flash memory, system memory unknown, same video output device

I'll be online....never...I have dial-up, and well, I'm to paranoid to take my DS into a McDonalds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latios
    The government has the capability to spy on you, in which if they catch you can fine you up to $10,000.

So you're better off buying the DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    You can lead a Pokémon fan to water, but you can't make them shut up about how that water is somehow Satoshi's dad.
    Absolute Zero Forums

I've been online and finished and won all of my 7 matches

Ethereal Guest

I'll be online soon. Animal Crossing will be the first online DS game I get. Mario Kart will be next. I wish they made Snowboard Kids DS online.

Here's my newb moment of the year: How do you register your DS/username/other important things? I don't know where to go and what to do.

I'm online, but can't seem to get a match, no friends (yet) that have it, and I think their matchmaking thing is having trouble ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Firemouse
    I'm online, but can't seem to get a match, no friends (yet) that have it, and I think their matchmaking thing is having trouble ; ;
    www.nintendowifi.com
    If you look at the right, next to a yellow square, it says...
    Global Wi-Fi Service is experiencing intermittent problems
    :\
    *lurking*

Quote Originally Posted by Jigpuff
    www.nintendowifi.com
    If you look at the right, next to a yellow square, it says...

:\
    And thus why I am very sad at the moment. But at least I did unlock the Bone Koopa as a playable character ^^

You register/make your name and such the first time you connect to WiFi, Jynxo.

Ethereal Guest

Erm...Thanks. I think I have my name registered. If you have a My Nintendo account, it should be that as the name, right? Either that, or the name I have entered into my DS. They're both "Jynxo", so I'm assuming that's going to be my WiFi name.

How much does a good/Nintendo WiFi recommended wireless router/hub/whatever it's called cost? Can I buy them at any store...such as Target or Best Buy?

Ethereal Guest

It actually is only having problems with Mario Kart. I'm assuming since there's so many Mario Kart players, there's a bit of a jam. Understandable, since this is something new for Nintendo.

Jynxo, I'm pretty sure if you don't already have a wirless router... It's cheaper to buy the Nintendo cable. I think an average D-Link goes for.... $30? Somewhere there. And if your DS names Jynxo then yes, your online name will be too. I'm not sure what diffrence it makes wether or not you have a registered DS, its the connection between your DS and WiFi.

Ethereal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca
    Jynxo, I'm pretty sure if you don't already have a wirless router... It's cheaper to buy the Nintendo cable. I think an average D-Link goes for.... $30? Somewhere there. And if your DS names Jynxo then yes, your online name will be too. I'm not sure what diffrence it makes wether or not you have a registered DS, its the connection between your DS and WiFi.
    Ah. Does Nintendo sell these things in stores or do I have to purchase it online?

Quote Originally Posted by Jynxo
    Ah. Does Nintendo sell these things in stores or do I have to purchase it online?
    I think you have to buy it online...
    *lurking*

I wouldn't know... Check your local EB Games, if not... Go with the D-Link. Its the cheapest wirless router, that I know of.

Ethereal Guest

-_-

Figures. Well, I'll have to order that sometime in the future. I hate buying things over the internet.

Right, I am in the UK and will be unable to purchase this game until the 25th at the earliest, and that is if I have enough money. Just a quick question. What is the minimal conection speed for the DS to go online at home? Mine is 512kbs, is this fast enough? Also, for anyone who has the USB stick, do you just plug it into your computer and it works, or do you have to install software? ( i know that this may sound stupid but I may as well Ask for nothing.) And finally ... (I forgot, but I will post it here when I remember)
    Wanna chat? Just add me to your msn or AIM.
    I claim Brook/ Gentelman Skeleton in the Bishie thread (version 3.0)

Archangel Guest

Argh! you're all soooooo lucky! I need about £55 to get Mario Kart DS and the dongle...

Been playing it since this morning online. The servers yesterday were overloaded, it seems. Yay for having a wireless router already. :D

15 wins, 5 losses so far. :P

I'm curious. Since it seems like I won't be going online anytime soon, which levels are we able to play online?

I hope there's a Luigi's Mansion..

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    I'm curious. Since it seems like I won't be going online anytime soon, which levels are we able to play online?

I hope there's a Luigi's Mansion..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_DS
    Near the bottom there's a list of levels and if they can be played online or not. And Luigi's Mansion can be played online.
    *lurking*

I managed to get in three races before it wouldn't connect anymore. It said on the site there were difficulties or somthing... I have a wirless router:s.

I've been playing off and on all day in between unlocking stuff in single player

It's a LOT of fun so far

Ya, I just got Dry Bobes. His controls great, but hes really slow. What do you have to do get all the levels avalible on multiplayer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast