Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Olden Pond! (429)

As I've said, Squirtle is showing up all the other Pokemon. It's worse than Togepie. And yes, Ash seems to be completely unable finish battles. I wish Team Rocket would buzz off and let him actually be a Pokemon trainer.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Juptile
    Jees, is it just me, does it seem that the fates have decided Satoshi's meant to either lose or unfinish every trainer battle he's in? O_o I could tell from that look on his face after his battle with Showers that he's getting pretty frustrated by it. I hope the people who keep saying the guy is perfect and wins every battle will shut up now. x_x
    He might win every battle, but we'll never know... at least he gets to finish his important bouts (i.e. against the Frontier Brains).

Quote Originally Posted by Juptile
    I'm a bit disappointed Hakuryuu didn't show up much in the episode, just in a flashback and for about 5 seconds near the end.
    So... the lake was named after it and that's all?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Seen the pics:

-Volt Tackle, cool!

-Good to see Marshstomp doing something.

-So, what was the bald guy doing.

-Good to see the Crawdaunt wasn't a heartless villian.

-This is Barboach's first appearance, correct?

Well, Barboach was going to be in the Earthquake episode but yeah, this the first time we've seen it.

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Seen the pics:

-Volt Tackle, cool!

-Good to see Marshstomp doing something.

-So, what was the bald guy doing.

-Good to see the Crawdaunt wasn't a heartless villian.

-This is Barboach's first appearance, correct?
    It appeared in the first Sootopliss city gym episode. I think the bald guy got saved by a dragonair and wanted to meet it again

Barboach appeared way back in Sootopolis.

It did? Well put me in a suit and call me Bush.

Still, I was hoping for more from Dragonair. And less from the evil turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballs
    Awesome Dustox is finally in an intro... i think this is the first time but why is Chimecho still there? =O
    Yeh, why is Manene and Chimecho in there? He probably gets it back so he can have 3 Pokémon, just like Jesse has 3.

End of post.

OK... we know that Ash is NOT against having a Crawdaunt, because he instantly tried to catch one! (I know, he seemed keen on having Quilava and Feraligatr too). Corphish screentime is really cool, and seeing Crawdaunt battle just makes me want one in the main cast. And it looks really cool when it's with a good character. Corphish would rock if it evolved, and it's a shame that it's not going to happen.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    OK... we know that Ash is NOT against having a Crawdaunt, because he instantly tried to catch one! (I know, he seemed keen on having Quilava and Feraligatr too). Corphish screentime is really cool, and seeing Crawdaunt battle just makes me want one in the main cast. And it looks really cool when it's with a good character. Corphish would rock if it evolved, and it's a shame that it's not going to happen.
    Shame? Meh, I,m relieved Corpish didn't evolve. It would be disastreous for me if that kawaii crustacean got subjected to the fate of turning into a heinous technicolour demon-lobster. But that's just my opinion.

Never use the k-word in my presence.

And I can picture Crawdaunt being cute, especially with Corphish's goffy personality.

I wasn't really too fond of this episode for some reason. I mean, the fighting was ok and it was nice to see a CG attack that actually looks pretty decent (Acid Armour) but there was something lacking. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but it wasn't there, thats for sure~
    Pretty bogus that Dragonair only appeared for a few measley seconds near the end. I wasn't expecting it to get much screentime in the first place, but damn.

Speaking of screentime, I kind of surprised at the amount of focus Haruka's Squirtle has been recieving as of late. But considering its going to be sticking around for quite a while, I'm glad its now finally managed to get a decent physical attack under its belt. Lets hope it gets put to good use~

Crawdaunt sounded a lot better than usual. I'm glad they opted for something other than the awful screeching that used to emit from its voice-box.
    However I do wish Corphish could have actually finished it off, instead of just having Team Rocket come in and swipe it while it was weakened. It would have been a lot more satisfying to see Corphish take down its evolved form.

And why has Mud Shot suddenly become a multiple projectile attack? IIRC, during early Houen it was just one huge glob of mud that was shot at the opponent. Its just like another tired old Ember/Bubblebeam/Bullet Seed/Countless other attacks re-hash now. Bah I say. Bah.

I was kinda confused about the guy who owned Crawdaunt, what role did he play exactly? He got saved by a mysterous pokemon (who turned out to be Dragoniar) and he has a Crawdaunt that's being a jerk by living in the lake and mucking it up... did I get that right?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    And I can picture Crawdaunt being cute, especially with Corphish's goffy personality.
    The writers and animators can usually inject their magical "cute" serum into any pokemon... even if they have been depicted as nasty in past episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    I was kinda confused about the guy who owned Crawdaunt, what role did he play exactly? He got saved by a mysterous pokemon (who turned out to be Dragoniar) and he has a Crawdaunt that's being a jerk by living in the lake and mucking it up... did I get that right?
    I think as a boy he almost drowned but dragonair saved him, and now he wants to find it again.

Not a bad episode. Did anyone notice that the short white-haired guy looked like Mokuba from Yu-GAY-oh? YEAAAAAAAH, Charamander is actually in the intro, even though it probably won't be in the Anime. What's weird is that Chimecho is STILL in the starting, so this leads me to believe we are not yet done with it seeing how they updated the opening just NOW, and this would've been the perfect oppirtunity to edit it out.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I didn't really like the episode that much. It was only the last part where Dragonair appears what I liked and with that flashback. Atleast Marshtomp was in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket Admin
    What's weird is that Chimecho is STILL in the starting, so this leads me to believe we are not yet done with it seeing how they updated the opening just NOW, and this would've been the perfect oppirtunity to edit it out.
    Indeed, you'd think that if they went to the trouble of taking manyula out they would've removed chimecho as well, curious.

I didn't see this asked anywhere (it may have been - it's late), but what was the song playing in the background when the old man was rescued by Dragonair called? It's really familiar and has been used somewhere else - I just can't remember where.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    And why has Mud Shot suddenly become a multiple projectile attack?
    Define "suddenly". Marshtomp used Mud Shot like that right from when it evolved. If you don't like it, complain in that episode's thread. -_-

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Pikachu_Imatation Guest

I liked this episode. It was also nice to see Dragonair back in the anime series again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu_Imatation
    I liked this episode. It was also nice to see Dragonair back in the anime series again.
    Dragonair was barely featured. It would've been nice if had a little more to do in this episode, but oh well... I guess we have to take what we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Syaoran
    I didn't see this asked anywhere (it may have been - it's late), but what was the song playing in the background when the old man was rescued by Dragonair called? It's really familiar and has been used somewhere else - I just can't remember where.
    That 'lalala~' thing? It was used in the fourth movie when all those Celebi appeared near the end.

Er, that episode was alright. The drawing-style wasn't as horrid as I thought it would be. I liked the characters' voices, especially the old woman's. And yay for the Regi music ~

It was good to see Corphish in battle again, and it made me happy to see it doing so well against its evolved form =D

vs. Vaporeon...It was a good battle itself, and Acid Armor looked great ^^ Though I must say, I'm pretty sick of those i-had-no-clue reactions of Ash. I understand that he forgot a few aspects of a good battling strategy during the battle, and I certainly wouldn't be complaining if the old woman just told him what he should be careful of in a battle, and he just responded by saying "Oh yeah, forgot about that" or something.

But what Ash had was a "OMG using the battlefield to your advantage?!?!11 Never heard of that strategy!!!" expression. Please -_- If you want Ash to look like an experienced trainer, at least take that goofy expression from his face when he's told something that he heard about ten thousand times already. Simply eliminate it. Well, at least the battle after that was believable and well thought-out.

Hey, the vs. TR scene was quite good. Liked the combination of attacks used when Squirtle rapid-spin'd their mecha for the second time. Speaking of TR, James looked hot today x_X I loved his outfit and hairdo.

As for something random, I liked the lake's color. It wasn't that bright blue they always use like in picture books for little children, which causes them to think that water is blue O_o

Well, overall this one had a good story and nice characters.
    Last edited by Sushi; 19th November 2005 at 10:19 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    But what Ash had was a "OMG using the battlefield to your advantage?!?!11 Never heard of that strategy!!!" expression.
    Agreed one of the (many) major problems the writers have on this show is not keeping the characters consistant. Satoshi's seen plenty of trainers use the field to their advantage many times, one of the more note worthy ones being Nagi's strategy with Pelipper using Steel Wing on the ground to protect itself from electric attacks. The writers need to realize that it makes no sense for Satoshi to use great thought-out strategies in gym battles, then become a total n00b to battling when he goes up against regular trainers.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

BrokenDreams Guest

I totally agree with you Juptile, but then again these are the writers what else can we expect from them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast