Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Olden Pond! (429)

Ash has USED the field to his advatage before. Like Grovyle at Winona's Gym and on Drake's boat. Honestly, he's forgotten a strategy he used himself. Tell me Ash hasn't gotten brain damage from being zapped one too many times.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Master Sceptile
    It didn't evolve. Serebii has the pics up, and they definitively confirm what most of us already know. Or are you saying it might evolve soon. But not next episode, because we know what happens in that one.
    Soon of course...LOL! I don't want my butt to be flamed already, ha ha!
    But hopefully soon for a Corphy evo!
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

I loved Corphish v Crawdaunt!
    near the end when Crawdaunt looked happy could that be the end of the Crawdaunt sterio type team Aqua created?

Dragonair needed to be shown more, otherwise the title should have been something like 'The Green Lake of Crawdaunt'......
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I could just picture Yamato-san getting ready to shoot himself if it is Hydro Pump. Still, the blasted terapin is as bad as that Paras way back when. One victory and suddenly it's a super hero.
    Oh please, kill myself? Yeah right.

[***** a rifle and aims it forward.]

I'd just hunt me down a few writers.

[Sets the rifle down.]

Fortunately, that thing didn't learn Hydro P.... Waaaaait a minute!

[Picks up the rifle.]

This episode still displeases me.

[***** rifle again.]

How the f*** does that damn thing, which played like no role in the episode up to the Rocket Dan battle (unless you consider stopping to sniff a flower to be an important scene), suddenly becomes more of a hero against Rocket Dan than Heigani, a Pokemon that this episode mostly focused around and whom you'd expect to have more of a beef against Rocket Dan for kidnapping his opponent? And it gets off learning a new technique on top of it all.

[Sets rifle down.]

Lousy bas****s.... I'm letting them off this time since it only learned a rather weak technique in its natural movepool. Should it have pulled another very powerful TM out of its a**..... heh heh heh heeeeh, you do not wanna know what hells I'd unleash. It's also a bit relieving that Rocket Dan was defeated with a combination of Zenigame, Heigani, and Numacraw's attacks rather than just Zenigame. But, if learning a new technique is an indication that it's, once again, gonna appear in a contest soon, I'm gonna be p***ed.

I thought this episode would've been great simply for Hakuryuu making an appearance, but I was wrong. They shoved it to like 5 seconds near the end, in somewhat of a rehash of the Safari Zone warden's plot no less (a dragon that the filler character recognizes as a child rescues someone from drowning). And are you guys serious? Satoshi was trying to learn about using the field to his advantage? OK, I'm also getting sick of this crap being done to Satoshi during some fillers. Speaking of Satoshi looking like a n00b, did anyone else find it a little off that he sends Heigani against its evolved form, and his strategy only consisted of countering the opponent using the same attack as them? Considering how much more powerful the evolution would be expected to be, you'd think Satoshi would come up with a more clever plan to take it down, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    I wasn't really too fond of this episode for some reason. I mean, the fighting was ok and it was nice to see a CG attack that actually looks pretty decent (Acid Armour) but there was something lacking. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but it wasn't there, thats for sure~
    You thought Acid Armor looked good too, eh?

Speaking of the Showers that used Acid Armor, I found it a bit interesting how they gave it a trait to walk on water (isn't there an entry mentioning something like that in one of the games?). However.... did anyone notice that Scissoriger was standing on the water surface at some point? What the hell, did all water-types suddenly gain this ability, or is it still a trait exclusive to Showers and someone just made an error with Scissoriger?
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 21st November 2005 at 8:13 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I forgot about Corphish. The little guy, upstaged by a uber n00b. I swear. The writer who developed May should have been fired for making such a spotlight hogging ditz who seems to have everything go her way.

BrokenDreams Guest

You got that right, Big Al. I just can't stand the way Haruka got everything way to easy. They shoul have the mutant turtle into a turtle soup when Haruka first got it, then poisoned Haruka and bury her. Just Kidding about Haruka, but I do hate the that mutant squirtle.

Vaporeon didn't use Acid Armor, it only transformed itself into water

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by vaporeon89
    Vaporeon didn't use Acid Armor, it only transformed itself into water

It's trainer quite clearly commanded it to use 'Tokeru'. Which is of course, the original name for Acid Armour.
    Last edited by Gravy; 21st November 2005 at 10:30 PM.

This episode was a little boring. Who would of thought Ash would use Corphish against Crawdaunt and whoever thought it would evolve is psycho >_>

Anyway - this was just too boring IMO.

All I can say is that I'm glad Dragonair finally got to appear in an episode again and that I liked the Mysterious Dungeon part of the Opening.

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Joe_Pokemon20000 Guest

I'll wait for it in a Mawile, don't you think? Anyway, 30 is the best score.

I'd get confirmation on Satoshi's actual words before condemning the writers for having him be naive about using the battlefield to one's advantage. More often than not the times he's seemed to have forgotten something important it is only because of bad dubbing, while the original made more sense. Therefore I will await what was really said.

One question though, what was with the Dragonair rescuing scenes? Why did the old woman go down to help both times? There just didn't seem to be much point to her being down there.

And why did the old man think that chasing away other Pokemon would cause Dragonair to appear?

I really don't get the Squirtle hate here. It uses a fairly weak move (did it really say in the episode it just learned it, or was this just the first time it was used? ) that fails to stop TR, thus showing a still has a good deal of growing to do. Then it, Marshstomp and Corphish make a cool combo to deal a more powerful blow. Corphish is still the star of the episode.

But Corphish should have been the one to do a Superman through TR's mech. Instead it's the blasted turtle. It should just disappear for a dozen episodes or more because I've about had it (which is saying a lot because Squirtle is one of my favorite Pokemon lines). And as Yamato-san said, it's a sign that evil terapin will one again darken a contest battle with its presence.

there's also the fact that Zenigame was the one who consulted Heigani about the idea of hurling it up to Rocket Dan. Yup, just eeeeeverything is that turtle's doing. Like The Big Al said, aside from hating Zenigame due to previous incidents involving it, it p***es us all off that it suddenly started to turn into the big, show-offey hero and upstage everyone, despite the episode not having any previous focus towards it.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Not a bad episode if I do say so. I'm still annoyed at the writers for making these titles sound so damn much like they're referring to the first season, but that has nothing to do with the episode itself, so... yeah.

Anyway, yay for Heigani. Aside from Heracross, and maybe Fushigidane, he's probably my favorite of Satoshi's pokémon, so it was great to see him get some decent spotlight. On the flip side, I wish Zenigame would just die already.

It's pretty cool to see Hakuryuu again, since iirc the last time it was featured was all the way back in the Fusube Gym arc. And I thought the use of music from the fourth movie was nice.

Oh yeah, and I loved Kojirou's disguise. :3
    ~

phoenix12 Guest

I also don't completely see the reasoning behind all this Squritle-hate going on...it's a little random that it came outta nowhere this episode and stole the spotlight during the TR battle, but Corphish still got the focus for the entire rest of the episode...the episode was very water Pokemon based in general (Crawdaunt, Vaporeon, Marshtomp, Corphish, all the wild water Poke cameos..and hell, "Lake" was in the title), so Squirtle going all heroic wasn't totally uncalled for

I'm glad to see Squirtle learning more attacks and growing useful...when May first got it I was afraid it would remain all weak and crybaby-ish all season, but no, May's training it to become a decent fighter and formidable contest Pokemon....playing hero this time around and offering a useful attack suggestion against TR should gain it some respect among the other Pokemon and the viewing audience, for that matter

...but yea, Marshtomp showing up was definitely a highlight for me here...I was def terrified that thing would stay in its Pokeball forever once it evolved (a la Brock's Ludicolo...which had maybe 2-3 post-evolution appearances)
    Last edited by phoenix12; 24th November 2005 at 4:51 PM.

The thing is Haruka hasn't done any real training with it at all. She's used it in two battles prior to this episode (three if you count it pulling ice beam out of its ass and blasting off the Rocket-dan). Now, if she had actually spent time with it developing its attacks and really training it, as Satoshi did with Yukiwarashi, then I wouldn't mind as much. It's the fact that it just pulls this crap out of nowhere that irritates me.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    The thing is Haruka hasn't done any real training with it at all. She's used it in two battles prior to this episode (three if you count it pulling ice beam out of its ass and blasting off the Rocket-dan). Now, if she had actually spent time with it developing its attacks and really training it, as Satoshi did with Yukiwarashi, then I wouldn't mind as much. It's the fact that it just pulls this crap out of nowhere that irritates me.
    But do we really know that she hasn't been training it? All that would be required would for her to utter one brief line in an episode where she mentions how hard she's been training with Squirtle and that would be enough. But since we don't know the Japanese episodes line for line that is rather hard to do.

Heck, it would look like her Bulbasaur learned Petal Dance in one day if she hadn't mentioned she had been training it to learn the move for a while.

Certainly if that was the case one of the members familliar with Japanese would have pointed it out by now.
    ~

Sorry, I know this is over a month old, but I finally realized they still had this section last Sunday.

I love this episode and there are some thingsI wanna ask and point out;

Questions;
    1. Is the Crawdaunt wild and captured later by the bussinessman or belong to him from the start?

2. If it's wild from the start, does that mean Corphish were brought into Kanto (I know >.< dumb question)?

3. What did TR wanna steal? My guess was Crawdaunt.

4. Why did Crawdaunt get scanned again?

Observations;
    1. Crawdaunt and Corphish aren't that much different in size.

2. It seems Crawdaunt is always cast as an enforcer for someone.

What was the name of the girl that Brock flirted?

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    Questions;
    1. Is the Crawdaunt wild and captured later by the bussinessman or belong to him from the start?

2. If it's wild from the start, does that mean Corphish were brought into Kanto (I know >.< dumb question)?

3. What did TR wanna steal? My guess was Crawdaunt.

4. Why did Crawdaunt get scanned again?
    1. It's captured.

3. Most likely Crawdaunt.

4. Silly question :/
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

This should be a good episode.Im not just saying that because of my username ^^.

Dragonair_king's PokePet

Fluzzy the level 59 Pachirisu!

What is the point of serebii.net forums if you post on a thread a day and the next day you forget where you got that same thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonair_king
    This should be a good episode.Im not just saying that because of my username ^^.
    um... I suggest reading through this thread, first. Hakuryuu only showed up at the very end, and its storyline was pretty much a rehash of the Safari Zone episode. To make things worse, Haruka's Zenigame killed this episode by stealing Heigani's chance to shine. Hakuryuu may be my favorite Pokemon as well, but even its presence couldn't save this episode from sucking.

Just saw this in the US. This episode was cool. Corphish has a terrible new voice. Don't remember Ash's Corphish knowing Vicegrip. That salesman was very annoying. It was awesome to see Dragonair again.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

oh my goodness
    corphish has a terrible voice
    i almost cried
    hearing its voice

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast