Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: READ these SIMPLE RULES

Default READ these SIMPLE RULES

I'll update this sometime in the future, but here's a general outline:

1) Provide constructive criticism and offer help to a deck. (haven't seen this as much of a problem)

2) Explain what sort of deck it is either in the title or first few lines of the post. (again, not much of a problem)

3) Don't do anything to just push your deck down (prevent peeking to see what its about when you hover over the thread title.)

4) Do state what format your deck is. (Yu-Gi-Oh!: Advanced vs Traditional, Magic: Type 1 vs Type 2, etc.)

***To make sure everyone here reads the rules, any thread not following any of the above will be closed on the spot.

Count-down to section-wide clean-up:

(countdown started at 7)
    Last edited by Fox; 4th January 2006 at 10:02 PM.

hmm, Just to let you guys know, any new thread posted after this post, must tell what format your decks are, IN THE TITLE. For Yu-Gi-Oh!, that'd mean Advanced or Traditional. If they do not comply, they will be closed.

All you need to do is put (Adv.) or (Trad.) in the title, at the very least. Actually, it can even be down to T or A just make the T or A stand out with something like -T- =A= +T+ ~A~ [T] {A} ~=+=~{}-<T>-{}~=+=~ etc
    Last edited by Fox; 24th December 2005 at 9:48 AM.

I'm personally getting a little frustrated from people either not reading rules or disregarding them after reading them. If you don't understand anything in them, then ask.

I like testing people's listening skills and such. For the remainder of 2005, if 7 (I'd make it three, but I feel I'm making this more than reasonable) threads in this section breaks rule number 4;
    4) Do state what format your deck is. (Yu-Gi-Oh!: Advanced vs Traditional, Magic: Type 1 vs Type 2, etc.) [this one will be moderately enforced]; which was also requoted in the previous post, I WILL ban those 7 plus users and wipe this forum and closely moderate this forum like I've never moderated before...

Oh, by the way, I may overturn this if enough people protest lol....
    Last edited by Fox; 24th December 2005 at 9:48 AM.

I suppose with every thread I see, I'll post here. I cannot stress the importance of reading the rules of a section, and of this forum as a whole. It may take a few minutes to read through them, or longer, but it will save you the trouble of getting a warning and/or taking a few days away from the forum for being banned.

countdown is at 6. READ ALL POSTS IN THIS THREAD :<
    Last edited by Fox; 26th December 2005 at 2:31 AM.

Alright, I suppose a few of you think that what I'm doing is unreasonable, and I agree that it is unreasonable. However, is asking people to read and follow a few simple rules unreasonable?

Disregarding them because you think its stupid, or not even reading them is bad enough. If you have any discrepancy with them, talk about it. Notice that this thread isn't closed?

Rules are to be followed, rule breakers to be punished. If you feel that a rule on its own is wrong, then please say so, if not, follow them and don't complain when you get banned or something, especially when you had the chance to talk about it before hand.

I'm in a good mood right now so I'll count those two threads by one person as one point.

Countdown at 5.

I understand why my rat toolbox deck didn't comply with the rules but, what was wrong with My CC Aggro Toolbox?
    I noted everything that was required in the title and took the constructive criticism.
    I'm just curious about this issue.
    Last edited by Raito; 26th December 2005 at 3:26 AM.
    So I think I'm back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

Im just guessing, but I think yours just got locked.

The same person kicked back the countdown twice, and the blockhead HAS to know it's his fault, because I noted that he didnt do the right thing the first time. This section wipe is borderline inevitable...*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Kyogre
    I understand why my rat toolbox deck didn't comply with the rules but, what was wrong with My CC Aggro Toolbox?
    I noted everything that was required in the title and took the constructive criticism.
    I'm just curious about this issue.
    Its only been locked, and I have no idea why. Apparently, it was done by me, and the IP matched my computer, so I must've done something on mistake. Only the time seems peculiar. I've reopened it, so it should be fine. I apologize for the inconvenience

Edit: I've also noted the threads that knock the countdown with an * at the beginning of the post.
    Pokémon Tournament & League Organizer in Hawaii

Yep. I was right. At least he didnt do it a third time...-_-..

As I said before, his threads were actually counted as one. Its amazing at how many people don't read the rules. The countdown is now at 4.

And apparently 2 more offenders have been snagged...T_T...I said it before, this is inevitable. People think reading rules is a waste of time..

Aw, crap.

(jumps off a cliff)
    THE INTERNET MAKES YOU STUPID

Well, I've been posting decks with "Adv." before the title, and giving it a short description (not to mention being friendly :P). So I hope there's nothing wrong with my deck ideas ^_^

Offseason

You know, I really expected to not have to go through with this lol...

Never realized so many people choose not to read the rules. However, you guys now know a little bit of what its like to be a moderator here, having to deal with posts that don't follow simple rules. I noticed you guys started to scramble and tell people about the rule and stuff, which is admirable.

For some reason I had the image of the following card in my head, along with the song that shares the same name...

Last edited by Fox; 29th December 2005 at 8:30 PM.

Fox, I was thinking of starting a thread on this board, but I'm not sure which format to mark it as.
    What would you mark a non-tournament deck that follows the Advanced banlist as?
    _
    X

Advanced.

10CharLimit
    So I think I'm back.

Tag (YGO ADV.) after whatever you decide to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    You know, I really expected to not have to go through with this lol...

Never realized so many people choose not to read the rules. However, you guys now know a little bit of what its like to be a moderator here, having to deal with posts that don't follow simple rules. I noticed you guys started to scramble and tell people about the rule and stuff, which is admirable.

For some reason I had the image of the following card in my head, along with the song that shares the same name...

You did? o0 You have too much faith in humanity Fox. I don't come here often enough to rate/fix/barely even to post in threads I take interest in, but it is admirable they post tell them to change it.

Indeed...

The final countdown
    Ooh oh
    I'ts the final countdown
    The final countdown
    The final countdown (the final countdown)
    Ooh
    It's the final countdown
    We are leaving together
    The final countdown

Unless that guy who posted a Dark Magician deck (The use is named Dark Magician ) changes the title of his thread, prepare for forum wipe ya'll

I'm just wondering... do we have to do the same with the Magic RMDs?

T1, T2, Casual, etc... We could just put it inside the thread.

Whats more helpful is the color. T1 or T2 or Casual doesn't really help browsing IMO
    Last edited by klducks; 31st December 2005 at 1:18 AM.
    Micky Onimusha: ants are strogner than bears

klducks, it doesn't matter now, we're dead...
    So I think I'm back.

lol, fair enough.

Since theres a new thread that doesn't have that advanced or traditional thing.
    Micky Onimusha: ants are strogner than bears

I hate to say this, but I've already reported this.

Figured I'd just get this over with; we're screwed anyway. No point in keeping it alive now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond Aeon
    I hate to say this, but I've already reported this.

Figured I'd just get this over with; we're screwed anyway. No point in keeping it alive now.
    It's not your fault. Better to start all over again, i guess. But then again, i actually thought that this would happen. :/
    Last edited by Yami Bakura; 31st December 2005 at 2:34 AM.
    Quote from Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time:

AREA RESTRICTED. ALL NOOB INTRUDERS 2 B HAXORED BY US L33T HAMM3R BROZ.! WE R TEH SHROOB ALLIES. WE ROXOR U AND THEN ROFL. THEN U AM CRY. WE RECEIVE ORDERS THRU ANTENNAS ON THESE L33T HELMETS. THEY R HOTNESS. WE MUST OBEY ALL ORDERS. WE LIKE 2 PWN NOOBS 4 TEH MASTER SHROOBZORS. U = NOOBS. BROZ. = L33T. PREPARE 4 TOTAL PWNAGE. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

After a cutscene:

NOOBZ STILL R NOT PWNED. CONTINUE PWNERSHIP UNTIL ALL NOOBZ R PWNED. TEH ESCAPE IS IMPOSSIBLE. WE R 2 L33T. WE OWNZ JOO. U WILL GET FLATZORED BY R L33T HAMMERS.

Yeah.

I got some loose ends on this forum to tie up anyway, so I might as well get them done before Fox gets back and starts laying down the banhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Kyogre
    klducks, it doesn't matter now, we're dead...
    Aww... I wanted to be the one to say "we're all gonna die!" Oh well, I guess the forum wipe isn't such a bad thing. I can repost my Dragon Hero deck and keep modifying it.
    (I'm the last person to post in it, so I can't post in it anymore. That "no double-posting" rule hurts more than it helps, if you ask me.)
    _
    X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast