Thread: Help with Frontier team

Stalker of the Sky's Guest

Default Help with Frontier team

I need some help with my team I already have a Skarmory and thinking of having a Pelipper what do you think of this:
    Skarmory @ leftovers Nature: Impish
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Toxic
    Spikes

Pelipper @ Shell bell Nature: Hasty
    Fly
    Surf
    Mist
    -

TOY MACHINE Guest

Aerial ace>fly
    roar>toxic
    anything>pelliper

Rest instead of Toxic on Skarmory, and I guess Fly works since the AI doesn't switch at all. I'd still go with Drill Peck if you can get it though, or at the very least, Aerial Ace.

IMO, you need an Elec. resist, since Skarmory is 2x weak, and Pelipper is 4x weak. Go with Marowak:

Marowak & Thick Club
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    ~ Bonemerang
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Focus Punch/Double-Edge

MAKE SURE IT HAS ROCK HEAD. Marowak will defeat any oncoming Electric Pokémon, and a lot of other Pokémon besides.

Oh, and BTW, Pelipper isn't all that good. Nice Defense, but nothing a well-placed Rock move won't break. If you want Water/Flying, try Gyarados or mantine, preferably Gyarados.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Lightbulb my suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Pelipper
    I need some help with my team I already have a Skarmory and thinking of having a Pelipper what do you think of this:
    Skarmory @ leftovers Nature: Adamant Ability:sturdy
    Steel Wing
    Aerial ace
    Toxic
    rock slide

Pelipper @ Shell bell Nature: Modest
    Shock wave
    Surf
    swagger/twister
    Ice beam
    Hope I helped...
    nostalgia

S:C Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Pelipper
    Skarmory @ leftovers Nature: Impish
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Toxic
    Spikes

You've got the right item and nature.

HP Steel
    Drill Peck
    Spikes
    Rest

Toxic I never found to be all that good on Skarm. Going with Steel Wing is fine, but I find HP Steel more useful since it's of the same power and is 100% accurate.

Pelipper @ Shell bell Nature: Hasty
    Fly
    Surf
    Mist
    -

Use leftovers. You also want a Modest nature.

Ice Beam
    Surf
    Toxic
    Substitute

Pelipper ain't that great, so Sub is just filler. Figure out what to do here as I've never used Pellipper before.
    Comments are in bold.

Obiwan Shinobi Guest

Skarmory learns Steel Wing, go with that instead. As it taeks forever to get the right HP.

Stalker of the Sky's Guest

Thanks for all those suggestions and please give me a third Pokemon for my party as well.
    Your help is very much appreciated
    -

~Phanpy~ Guest

As said before, you have a weakness to electricity, so get rid of Pelliper for Marowak as Commander Blizzard said, and try something different, but it depends on what you want. you have to read the rules though, you can't just say "Give me a pokemon with the item, nature and moves" its against them.

~Phanpy~