Thread: May's Ultimate Guide

Default May's Ultimate Guide

Well, I dunno if you guys have seen this, but this is still the site I made dedicated to May...

I currently had its layout changed, thanks to Sequoia who made it for me...

Anyways, here it is: http://www.maysultimateguide.co.nr

Tell me what you guys think! XD

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

smiley. Guest

Realy nice site! I reccomend that you change the hover over color for the text on the menu, but otherwise, it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by smiley.
    Realy nice site! I reccomend that you change the hover over color for the text on the menu, but otherwise, it's great!
    Um, how do I do that? o_O;;; Any ideas?

Very nice site, the forums need more members though ;\

Anyway, I suggest you should add something like wallapers, animated GIFs (you used to have those, why did you remove them?) and stuff like that.

| Little sister: Sequoia |

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Very nice site, the forums need more members though ;\

Anyway, I suggest you should add something like wallapers, animated GIFs (you used to have those, why did you remove them?) and stuff like that.
    Wallapers would be nice, But I removed the animated GIFs doe to the fact that they're.... how do we say this, poorly animated...

Well, Av, it is quite nice. Although sites solely about May are limited in information... >> Keep up the good work.
    SPPF Christian Alliance Club
    Paired with the spiggin' awesome Saya

PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AM2 2.5 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 (1024MB PCI-E) | ASUS M4A78 PLUS | 4x 1 GB DDR2 667 | 320GB Seagate/80GB Hitachi SATA

"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow."

lol, I guess I'll try retreiving more Info about May as soon as I see something new! XD

header is too large, you have to scroll to see the content
    links on the nav are too small, weird hover color
    splash pages are useless and annoying, so are iframes for content

i like the 'mays' 'ultimate' 'guide' in the cards, you should make the banner smaller and focus mainly on that. the 'your one stop for information' line is overused and cliche, and doesn't even really mean anything. i'd suggest you take that out to help make the banner smaller.

the page ends abruptly with no sort of footer at all, at least put some whitespace there

---------

i could just tell you it looks good, but i figure some criticism might help you improve it.
    [20:54:24] Serebii: switching is cheap
    [20:54:42] Serebii: its as cheap as ubers

95% of Serebii.net does not understand competitive battling. If you're one of the 5% that do, then don't waste your time putting this in your sig - head straight to Smogon.

Remember, Serebii loves you

Well, I can't really say anything about the site, Avie, (tired of using Avegaille). Anyways, um first things first, your conflicts with Jane...

If you wish to have ease on the links whenever you add in a new page for the site, I don't know if it has something to do with PHP, but meh, it's kinda annoying most free web hosters don't support PHP.

I wish there would be a way to lessen the size of the header. Takes a long time to load, no?

Now Jane is well, o_O;;;;

Quote Originally Posted by chaos on the internet
    header is too large, you have to scroll to see the content
    links on the nav are too small, weird hover color
    splash pages are useless and annoying, so are iframes for content

i like the 'mays' 'ultimate' 'guide' in the cards, you should make the banner smaller and focus mainly on that. the 'your one stop for information' line is overused and cliche, and doesn't even really mean anything. i'd suggest you take that out to help make the banner smaller.

the page ends abruptly with no sort of footer at all, at least put some whitespace there

---------

i could just tell you it looks good, but i figure some criticism might help you improve it.
    :\ you know, all this critic stuff is getting to me, not Avegaille....I don't want to start a flame war either, but some of the stuff you pointed out is kinda....pointless.

The banner is a bit big, I know, but there really aren't too many pictures on MUG. The line "Your one stop for May information" was used from the start, it's the MUG slogan (even though it's cliche and stuff). The photo effect is meant to enhance the slogan and the picture, and show May in different moods.

Technical Stuff: The links are that way because the CSS won't work for some reason. And the iframe was put there by Avegaile ._." she thinks editing the menu is hard....

^.^ thanks for your critics anyway. guess I can improve...

離開是為了回來 & lj & icons
    Sumner Sturgeon love the siblings Kana

Quote Originally Posted by NM
    If you wish to have ease on the links whenever you add in a new page for the site, I don't know if it has something to do with PHP, but meh, it's kinda annoying most free web hosters don't support PHP.
    FunPic does. >>
    SPPF Christian Alliance Club
    Paired with the spiggin' awesome Saya

PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AM2 2.5 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 (1024MB PCI-E) | ASUS M4A78 PLUS | 4x 1 GB DDR2 667 | 320GB Seagate/80GB Hitachi SATA

"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow."

I've been to Funpic, but the problem is that I can't sign up because it's only avaiable in America and the Netherlands. >.>;;;;

And you guys seeing me living in Asia and they can detect IP Addresses, they'll know I'm from the Philippines! XD