Hey, gamers! This thread is for sharing your recent progress in just about any Pokémon spinoff game (unless a thread already exists). Please ensure your posts have degree of substance, and avoid SPAM posts as per the general forum rules. Happy posting!
To start, I am slightly embarrassed to say that after 15 years, I finally beat Round 1 of Pokemon Stadium 2. I beat the Poke Cup a few weeks ago, and while hanging with my partner last weekend finally completed the Challenge Cup and then beat the Rival (using solely rentals). It's so satisfying to finally have the new Start screen and Dodrio Tower.
I've decided to start a new run in Mystery Dungeon: Red.
I began by being prompted with a quiz, which I answered honestly. I ended up with a relaxed nature, and I became Psyduck. I chose Pikachu as my partner. I don't usually bother with nicknames, so I kept their usual names.
I woke up as a Psyduck, and Pikachu woke me up. We were interrupted by a desperate Butterfree, who asked for help. We entered Tiny Woods, where we grinded for a while before locating Caterpie. Butterfree gave her reward, and Pikachu took me to the team base, where we made team "Red" official. I went to sleep afterwards.
Gave Nintendo Badge Quest a try, since I heard it was f2s and featured Pokémon quite extensively. Than I learned you basically get one tutorial with classic Mario, a Goomba, a star and a coin and some blocks and afterwards it's $1'- per 5 grabs. Than I said no, make it free.. just to check what it would say.. and than it started what's probably the most aggressive marketing ever: "What?! Lets get REAL! It's just ECONOMICS! We need your REAL MONEY to keep this game running! These badges don't make themselves!"
Way to go. You just lost me.
Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-
"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."
Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:
I don't have any confirmation on their designs or what not, but these just came to me, and I want to get credit for if they turn out true. Dated 1:54am on 6-6-16:
- Rowlet: Arrowl
- Litten: Burstiger
- Popplio: Bubblaid
The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..
So I woke up the next morning and found Pikachu outside of my base. We checked the mail to find that Magnemite needed to be saved. We entered the Thunderwave Cave and zoomed past the Electric types to find Magnemite. We got rewarded, and I finally went back to the base.
I'm having a problem with Pokemon Bank. I'm trying to get my Unfezent out of OmegaRuby and back into X, but I keep getting the error code 006-0501 every time I try. I even tried repairing the software on the eShop, but I still get it. I need help.
Edit: I called Nintendo about it. They are having problems with the eShop and Pokemon Bank connection.
Last edited by Pokemon Power; 15th January 2016 at 3:12 PM.
So after I woke up from a strange dream, I met Pikachu outside my base and we checked the mail. Since there was no new mail, we decided to go to Pokémon Square for the first time. Pikachu guided me through all of the stores and services, and we moved on to the Pelipper Post Office. There, we got some of our first actual jobs. We did those jobs, and we retured to the base.
So I was awoken from another strange dream by an earthquake. A Dugtrio requested for me to find his son, and I agreed. We went to Mt. Steel, where we fought multiple Pokemon until we encountered the first boss of the game, Skarmory. We defeated it with only a few attacks, and we saved Diglett with the help of some Magnemite. We got the reward from Dugtrio, and we offered Magnemite a place on our team. Since we didn't have its friend area, it declined. I then saved the game.
- I played my old PMD Explorers of Time last night, which I hadn't done in almost five whole years ha ha. I accepted some rescue missions and I went to Steam Cave and Mt Travail during those. :3
- I also accepted an escorting mission next after storing some items and I made it through the Miracle Sea with my client pokemon intact and managed to pick up some Escape Orbs and junk.
- I went exploring in some other dungeons as well when my missions were finished and I tried stealing from a Kecleon which ended up being tedious cuz they attacked me relentlessly hee hee.
So I woke up from yet another strange dream to find Pikachu at my door. We went to Wigglytuff, who gave us some free friend areas, including the Power Plant friend area for Magnemite. I bought a few more, and then we headed home. After noticing a commotion involving Jumpluff and Shiftry, I arrived a my base, where I saved the game.
- On PMD Blue I went to Persian's bank and deposited money and then I withdrew items at Kangaskhan's shop and accepted a mission to escort a pokemon to the Howling Forest dungeon. :3
- It was tough, but I completed the mission and my rank increased and then I added Typhlosion to my team cuz of an upcoming rescue mission in the Northwind Field which I completed too.
- I accepted a few more missions, but failed an escort one cuz my client fainted and I didn't have Reviver Seeds to save them ugh. ^^; I had to sell Tms for money next and bought Apples.
So I went to do some missions in Thunderwave Cave, where I recruited an Elekid. I woke up the next morning to find Team Meanies at my front door. They "stole" my mail, even though there was nothing in the box. After they left, Pelipper came with another mission. I went to Mt. Steel to do more missions, and I ranked up to Bronze Rank. I then saved the game.
- Continuing on PMD Blue, I went exploring at the Darknight Relic and I was doing fine until I reached the 11th floor and five Shedinjas swarmed me and I had to use an Escape Orb to flee. ^^;
- I went on a few random missions next including a rescue mission to Mt Freeze and then I went to the Grand Sea and recruited some pokemon inside that dungeon, then I went to the Far-off Sea.
- I started off fine and managed to get through 40 or so floors inside that dungeon until a Lapras used Perish Song which made me faint. I got revived, but I didn't want to risk it again so I left.
So I woke up again, and I was asked by Caterpie to rescue Metapod in the Sinister Woods dungeon. Team Meanies also went. I trained at Makuhita's Dojo, and I embarked on my mission. I made it to the the 13th floor, where Medicham's Detect and Gengar's Spite made the battle quite a task. Despite that, I defeated them and saved Metapod.
- I visited more dungeons and picked up valuable items including Tms, Gold Ribbons and anything else that I could sell for cash. I then purchased Reviver Seeds and junk from the Kecleon shop.
- I evolved a few pokemon inside of the Luminous Cave and went on missions to the Pitfall Valley, Buried Relic and Great Canyon. I also successfully stole items from some Kecleon this time. :3
- I went to the Sky Tower with an Altaria as my partner and we climbed up while my main focus was scavenging for items. I then went back to the Pokemon Square and accepted more missions.
So I woke up again, and a Jumpluff asked me to do a mission. Shiftry hadn't returned from locating the other Jumpluff, so I was responsible for finding them both. After hearing about folklore involving a monster, I embarked on my mission, traveling through the Silent Chasm. Once I made it to the end, I found Jumpluff and an injured Shiftry. Zapdos later abducted Shiftry, but I managed to save Jumpluff. After being warned about Zapdos by Alakazam's team, I went to sleep.
- I kept doing missions on Blue and I kind of realised how few dungeons Blue has compared to Time and Darkness hee hee. Any ways, I picked up some Escape Orbs and Max Elixirs.
- I had bad luck in certain dungeons and I kept stepping on those tiles that turned food items into Grimy Food grr. My Huge Apple inventory was depleted fast cuz of that, which sucked.
- I restocked my bag at the Kecleon shop and told a few Gold Ribbons for cash and I also accepted an escort mission to the Desert Region and I had to deal with sandstorm damage. :[
So I woke up again, and I greeted my partner, who was waiting outside. We prepared for a while, and then we embarked on our mission to save Shiftry. We scaled Mt. Thunder, and we recruited a Stantler in the process. We saved at the checkpoint, and we went up three more floors until we were face to face with Zapdos. We slayed it, and Alakazam's team later found out that I was human.
- I accepted more missions on PMD Blue and I visited Gulpin's shop and left money in my account at Persian's bank as well, then I set off to Wyvern Hill. I collected items while on a mission.
- I went to Mt Freeze as well next cuz of a mission that required me to deliver a Dig Tm. I went to the Silver Trench after that and attempted to clear all the floors, but I fainted. ^^;
- I had to purchase new supplies especially Reviver Seeds and Huge Apples next, then I went to Sinister Woods and a few other simple dungeons to find money and other items for my bag. :3
I woke up again, and Pikachu started asking me questions. We trained and did some more rescue missions before embarking on our next mission. The trip took a while, but we managed to recruit a Paras. We then reached the Hill of the Ancients, where we found Xatu. We got Xatu's attention by tickling it, and it linked my being human to the natural disasters. I then left and saved the game.
- I switched to playing PMD Explorers of Darkness this week and my first mission was to escort a Mankey to Lake Afar, which I did with Empoleon and Torterra (my character and teammate).
- I was one floor away from finishing when suddenly a Politoed used Perish Song and fainted me, so mission failed grr. I stocked up on new items and accepted a few minor missions next. ^^
- I went after a few outlaw pokemon at the Waterfall Cave and Miracle Sea dungeons and then I worked on collecting Escape Orbs and Gold Ribbons at the Shimmer Hill to sell for cash. :3
I woke up, and I talked to Pikachu about what happened in the Hill of the Ancients. I decided to do some missions, and I recruited several new Pokémon. I also ranked up to Silver Rank. After that, we overheard some Pokémon talking about Whiscash's story, so we went to see Whiscash, who told us to story. We nervously decided to call it a day, and I had a dream involving Gardevoir. I then saved.
- So I did some more missions and accepted a few more inside of Wigglytuff's Guild and I even read Bidoof's diary while I was there hee hee. I then visited Kangaskhan's storage. ^^
- I withdrew some items and shopped as well at Kecleon's shop and asked Xatu to open up some Deluxe Boxes and stored the items found inside, then I went to the Craggy Coast now.
- I completed two more missions at the Aegis Cave and Mystery Jungle, then I visited the Shimmer Desert and made it to the end and grabbed the Terra Cymbal, which I actually sold.
So I decided to do a few more missions before moving on. I got some new friend areas and recruited a Voltorb, and I later heard about a commotion at Pokemon Square. Gengar turned all of the Pokemon against me, so we had to run away as fugitives. We zoomed through Lapis Cave in a short time, and then we arrived at the entrance of Mt. Blaze. I then saved there.