Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Fake Games thread v3.0

You should have expected as much buying from Amazon's third-party seller program. I'd never trust 99% of those vendors for something like this.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You should have expected as much buying from Amazon's third-party seller program. I'd never trust 99% of those vendors for something like this.
    Good point.

EDIT: Luckily, I just got a full refund, so yeah...I won't be doing that again.
    Last edited by Electivirus; 1st October 2009 at 12:29 AM.

I think I have a fake game.

Pokemon Silver- I was at Elgin Market two years ago, and bought Pokemon Silver. I got home played it and it was more like Mario. Main Reasons to think it's fake- It's on GBA.
    -The titles head is cut off
    -The start menu says it's for the Pocket Nes.
    So what you do is that you run around these 2D levels beating up weird things and using them as costumes to do certain things. It is in a different language, and the levels are dreams.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

[QUOTE=Nebbio;10574892]I think I have a fake game.

QUOTE]

You think?Well... I'd rather edit that post and say "I have a fake game".
    Everyhting in it screams fake.

Anyways, I finally got Ruby, sealed, for 8 euro, and yes, not fake.

Also, on the auction site I go, appeared a Ruby cart and I am 99.9% sure it's fake... here's the pic:

I am almost sure because of the non-existent holo effect on the sticker, mainly

The Soul of Pokémon is made of Silver

Have you played it?

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Nope, but clearly seems like a fake.

Anyways, I got my "ruby" today, and I shout so damn loud I am sure that it was heard from space.
    It was a fake!
    Damn, why can't I have a legit version of Ruby?
    I am trying to contact the seller-.-

Seriously. Stop buying Pokémon titles from auction sites and retail website third-party programs. With piracy as rampant as it is relative to this franchise, the odds are not in your favor that you're going to pay a fair price for legitimate merchandise.

-----
    Words to|live by

Well, as soon as I said that if he didn't give me a refund I'd contact both the auction site and the police, the guy refunded me.
    And, fake advance pokémon games never appeared before in Portugal, it's a new thing here, even though I know of their existance for a long time.
    Oh, and in portugal, auction/used games sites are the only way of getting older generation games

Does anyone know where I may buy the fake Pokemon Sapphire for GBC at. Even though it's fake, I really want to play it.

My little cousin bought Pokemon Perla and he thought it was real and then he showed me
    the game and i told him to take it back, but he got it from holiday in Spain, so it was a waste of £30

Storm
    The Wrath of Blaziken!

Yeah I have played a version of Perla. you can catch wild charizards and deoxys (that are at lv 2-6) the game is one of the worst hacks out there.

But if you want to get one that is worth your money it's all about Naranja. Only problem is the "bootlegers" that make the cartrdge dont put any effort into it so they put on a beta version. The problem with that is the pokemon fan that made naranja, made downloads for people to play it. Even when he was only half way though making it. So in my version, the second gym leader wont respond to you. though ya Naranja is REALLY good (so much that I downloaded the rom to play). The maker put alot of work into Naranja its good quality, solid and true Orange Island story line, and minimal glithes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon74 View Post
    But if you want to get one that is worth your money it's all about Naranja.

You do realize the tremendous contradiction in terms that arises when discussing a "hack that's worth your money," right?

-----
    Words to|live by

What kind of contradictions are we talking about?

The fact that no hack is worth any amount of money, for any number of reasons.

-----
    Words to|live by

No, I have to disagree. There is a good amount of the hacks out there that are very high quality and fun to play (and in ways are better than some offical nintendo games).

Yes I have to say the cartridges are bad, but that is result of other people taking a fan made hack and trying to making money off of it by calling it a real* pokemon game.

The roms that the hackers share and made a are good though.

*real as in the "bootlegers" say thier not voilating the copyright.

I'm not particularly concerned about whether you agree or not. You can say that the bootleg games "in ways are better than some offical nintendo games", and that's your opinion and all, but it's simply not accurate. Saying "a hack that's worth your money" is like saying "fanart that's worth your money" or "fanfiction that's worth your money." To start, the very act of using characters or properties without the permission of the rightsholders is already a legal gray area (making "hacks" based on existing games much more so than fanart/fiction, and appropriately so) and the very second you begin charging a single cent for these already legally-ambiguous fanworks, any ambiguity goes out the window and you are in fact guilty of violating copyright law.

If your boat is floated by amateur programmers working on homemade projects, I certainly can't force you to think differently (technology's not there yet), but don't pretend that any of them are legitimate in any way or that they can hold a candle to a legitimate, official project financed and programmed by the actual rightsholders (that's Nintendo, Game Freak and Nintendo's other second-party developers) of the franchise and/or their trained, vetted employees.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 6th November 2009 at 2:34 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

First, how is my opinion not accurate? if that is what your saying.

Second, whos to say that some fanfiction or art wouln't be worth money? What i'm trying to say is that these hacks are such good creations that if they could be sold (legaly) they would sell just as well as the legal ones now, and you would get your moneys worth from them.

Third, Every thing had it's start and where did it start?....... With amateurs, the first one's who dreamed, and even pokemon was at first when created taking some references from other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomasta View Post
    But there's another SNES pokemon game in my mind. You would choose one poke, from 8, I think, including Gengar and Blastoise, and you attack by holding a direction, which fills a bar, and when the ball fills your poke attacks.
    Found a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxXkU...eature=related

Hah, battle music is Gravity Beetle from Megaman X3.

Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiomasta View Post
    I remember I once rented a SNES pokemon game, which obviously was fake but I couldn't see that because I was so young. Five or something.
    IIRC, the box art was really crappy, and I think there was a 2 in the name...
    The game was a side-scroller, you used Totodile or Chikorita(or was it Cyndaquil?)... There were some Beedril flying around...
    And Totodile would use a skate if you pushed a button. >_>
    Found a video of this one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5dc4...eature=related
    Last edited by Tiomasta; 7th November 2009 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

Hey, I have played that hack before.

Also I don't know if this would count, but I have a "pokemon stadium" on my TI-84+ silver edition. (a calculator)

here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkh6a...layer_embedded

Wink

everyone me and my friends are planning to make a game we hope its gonna be good were designing the pokemon hehehe

thats pretty cool, only problem is even when you make a really cool sprite. when traded to a normal game it will change back to original... that is if you manage to put on a cartidge and if you share the file. i would say you should share the file so others can enjoy it, but if you do someone will take it and call it pokemon. also they will sell it for money just like every other hack out there. a real bummer so be careful if you do share it, depending on what county your from you could get in ALOT of trouble if you share.

Hi guys new here. Couldn't find much else on the net to help me with this,so thought I might as well post here to get your opinions.

Well I've purchased two gameboy color games from a seller on eBay, Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, and I'm pretty certain that the latter is a fake, but I just want to make sure before I contact the seller.

Here are some pics I took:

At first glance, the packaging looks pretty decent, but the bottom of the box looks pretty suss. Also, on my Pokemon Pinball box, the left side where it says GAME BOY COLOR is all shiny, not sure if you can see in the following pic, but when compared to the Puzzle Challenge box, the left side is not shiny, and just looks like a print.

Looking at the cartridge itself, it's kinda hard to tell from the pic cause of my crappy camera, but the sticker is off centre and the edges of the sticker are not cleanly cut. And that sticker at the back of the cartridge, well that just looks dodgy as hell.

It also came with a manual as well, and for the most part it looks quite good. But when comparing it to the Pokemon Pinball manual, I noticed that the puzzle challenge manual looked rather washed-out for lack of a better description, and the colors are not as crisp and vivid as the pinball manual. It's probably easiest to see with the Nintendo Seal of Quality, as the colour of it looks a bit off compared to the one you get from Google Images.

Another giveaway was that it was quite difficult to get the cartridge into my Gameboy Advance, it required a lot of effort whereas the Pokemon Pinball cartridge slid in quite easily. The game itself does seem to work from the 5 mins I played it, but everything I mentioned above points to it being a fake.

With the Pokemon pinball, I'm pretty sure it's legit, but would there be any indications as to it being otherwise?? The game works fine, and the rumble works fine as well, and would it be wrong to assume that it's kinda hard to "fake" a rumble pak?? I've compared my cartridge to ones on the net, and it looks ok.
    Anyways, I'd really appreciate your opinions. Thanks in advance.

The Pinball seems okay, but you don't provide any photos of the cartridge.

The Puzzle Challenge is unequivocally fake. The box art wrapping around the bottom is one dead giveaway: that doesn't happen on authentic boxes and it's like someone printed the art improperly on a stock blank box. A cartridge with a sticker that doesn't belong and that fits poorly in your system is another dead giveaway.

-----
    Words to|live by

Ya, if the pinball cartridge doesnt have a rumble pack, thats the first give away of being fake. here is a pic

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast