Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Fake Games thread v3.0

Emoeevee Guest

Asbsolkid whats your email so i can send you all the pictures and info?

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Emoeevee
    Asbsolkid whats your email so i can send you all the pictures and info?
    All you have to do is check my profile.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Emoeevee Guest

Sorry, im having difficulty with the pictures. I have to buy a memory stick and i dont know how long that will take. I have loads of pictures though.

Last edited by AV_ROcK-Dark-TB; 14th January 2006 at 11:31 AM.

That is obvisouly fake, the Pika Land. Copyright 1989? I think not.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Emoeevee Guest

My dad got me a FAKE emerald gaem for xmas long story i guess could take a pic of the awful packageing though i refuse to play it

Quote Originally Posted by *Homsar*
    That is obvisouly fake, the Pika Land. Copyright 1989? I think not.
    The reason for that is on the first page: It's a Mario ripoff.

wow,finnaly some new post's I thought this thread will die soon.Enyway I have no new screenshots
    Last edited by AV_ROcK-Dark-TB; 24th January 2006 at 10:29 PM.

now i believe this stuff is illegal, but, dont we all?

Anyway aboutthe super pika land, id make a flash game out of it. (if i had flash)

My bannah.
    http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1...rselectlt4.png
    The coolest Fake Super Smash Bros. Brawl selection screen. YES, it has Sonic, but still.

Super Pika Land is basically Mario with the Yellow version Pika with the small Pokemon Yellow icons, btw.

My dad goes to maylasha, which copy games. Could they be fake if he bought me one???
    Come to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon CODE Community!
    Come be just about any Pokemon you want (including D/P), and chat + hang out. The button below is the only click away!

Yes, it's possible. If he buys you one, tell us which one it is here (including cartridge colour) and we'll be able to tell if it's fake.

Emoeevee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Light
    My dad goes to maylasha, which copy games. Could they be fake if he bought me one???
    Most probably, my uncle got me my all-in-one fake game from tialand and that has loads of fake pokemon games on it. If you are looking for fake pokemon games the 'all-in-one' is bound to have a few on there

Quote Originally Posted by Emoeevee
    Most probably, my uncle got me my all-in-one fake game from tialand and that has loads of fake pokemon games on it. If you are looking for fake pokemon games the 'all-in-one' is bound to have a few on there
    I have on of those. Most of the pokemon fakes I have are mainly crappy random sidscrolling platformers with the sprites changed to resemble pokemon. They also had a rather cute pokemon dig-dug, using a yellow sprited pikachu.
    My sig encourages IMAGINATION

Quote Originally Posted by Former Absolkid
    Yes, it's possible. If he buys you one, tell us which one it is here (including cartridge colour) and we'll be able to tell if it's fake.
    Yep, the cartridge colour is a real give-away. If it's not red, blue, yellow, gold etc. (colour of cart corresponding to colour name of game) then it's fake - without exception.

Wanna see something?

I took a bigger pic of that Pocket Monsters go go game, and revamped the Pikachu on it to make it like this!

Last edited by Hero of legend; 12th February 2006 at 9:57 PM.

Thanks to Espeon Lover for the glitter name!

The Trainer Card was done by me!

The Jirachi in my TC was recoloured by me, but the sprite itself was made by Pokesho!

The Pokémon Diamond and Pearl sprites were ripped by Eevee, Zhen Lin, pika and Pipian.

Want to help MMV and still have great Wii games from them?
    Join and see what great Wii and DS games they have,
    buy them, and pass the word to your friends, the more the merrier!

Pokemon Gold And Silver: 2-in-1

An obvious fake - Nintendo never made a 2-in-1 version of Gold and Silver, and they wouldn't. Why would they when they can release two versions and sell them separately? More money that way.

It's popped up a few times on eBay, sometimes with a box, sometimes without. Unfortunately, the only one I've found at the minute is without box (cart only).

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7411/1e1b4ks.jpg

There's the image of the cart. There are a lot of giveaways:

• A black cartridge? Why would they do this when every previous Pokemon game has had the colour of the cart match up with the version name?
    • And American-style serial code (U/DMG-APEE-USA) but no ESRB rating of 'E' on the cart, which is always present.
    • Since it's apparently American, where is the 'GS' symbol which is present on genuine Gold and Silver carts/boxes.
    • There's no Nintendo seal of quality which appears on every single game that works on a Nintendo system.

Here's an image of a genuine US Gold cart - with all the details that should be there.

Also, Such a cartridge does not appear:
    • In any video gaming magazine (Such as NOM, NGC, Gamesmaster etc.)
    • On Nintendo's official Japanese, American or European site
    • On any GBC release list which includes betas and demo catridges
    • On any GBC official release list, which ONLY includes commercial games.

Evidently, this was produced during the height of the Gold and Silver popularity and hype in the knowledge that it would be a quick buck for pirates.

EDIT: And here's the link to the auction.

I've emailed the seller outlining this, but he/she is adament it's real, purely because it has 'GAMEBOYtm' on the top of the cart and a serial number. Two things which are easily faked.

Thanks, Muckers. I've played an 64-in-1 R/B/Y, yes, 64 of them. Although I think I've played that one and it works perfectly, I'll get a bit more info on them, then put them up.

I've seen the gold cartridge before I thought It was real o_o
    And also I've been at allegro today Ive found a diffrent 1 in 2 cartridge
    by the way nice information about the cartrige's

I've decided to type this article about the Bootleg versions. Bootleg is another word for fake, Bootleg Pokemon games that are not real pokemon games. Sorry if this counts as spam.

------------
    About the Bootleg Versions, Pokemon Jade and Pokemon Diamond.

Now don't get confused with the Diamond with the real Pokemon Diamond that Game Freak are desgining. These two bootlegs were for gameboy colour.

A long time ago, two gamepacks appeared in ebay. They were called Pokemon Jade and Pokemon Diamond, they were in English and desgined by this Taiwon company. The real Japanese company who desgined the non-pokemon Telefang version was Smilebit.

Pokemon Jade and Diamond were originaly the real Japanese games called Keitai Denjuu Telefang. Diamond was Telefang Power version and Jade was originaly Speed version.

The story was a young lad named Bek who enters the E-monster world by answering a cellphone in a tree near his town, thus he was teleported there. In the E-monster world, monsters that are similar to pokemon lived there with humans. People could "catch" these monsters by befriending them by defeating them in combat with their own monster.(Not like throwing a ball, you actually have to fight them until their HP reaches 0). Once they befriend you, you get their cellphone number. In order to use the monsters you've befriended in the game, you have to get into combat and choose which monster so you can call them and they'll soon enough join you into battle, there's only one monster that follows you around, and dosen't need to be called on your cellphone to join the battle. If you get defeated and lose the starter monster's cellphone number, it's game over. Althrough sometimes you lose the number of any other monster friends.

You can easily tell that these are not pokemon games by these other reasons:

1. There is no "real" Pokemon in the game. Only the Telefang monsters.

2. The game is rated T in Japan due to swearings. Real Pokemon games do not have bad words.

3. The game never mentions anything pokemon related. Execpt the titlescreen which the Taiwon company purposely changed to the Pokemon logo and the words Diamond or Jade, and for the boxart that Taiwon desgined just for the bootleg.

4. The game only appeared in ebay. A real pokemon game would appear in retail stores and other online stores.

5. The game's grammer is terrible.

6. The box art has images of Ash, Pikachu and Misty I believe. Real pokemon games don't have images of the anime on the boxart. (Execpt for Pokemon Puzzle Challage for the Nintendo 64.)

And so, that is all. This post was also to tell others that might think that their GBC Jade and Diamond are real.
    Anyway, the game Telefang is kinda cool, yet hard. There's bound to be a few copies of this bootleg on ebay. But now this thing is even rarer. Oh and I really think Serebii.net should have a game section about the bootlegs, just about.
    Until the day comes when I get a username change, please call me Nyarth no Uta or something. :P

Well,nice information but Cipher Admin Absolkid allready disscused these two..

EDIT:Is It just me or should this thread be in a sticky.
    Last edited by AV_ROcK-Dark-TB; 13th March 2006 at 5:26 PM.

Oh, really? I didn't notice.

Yeah, this really should be stickied. That way, people can be aware of the bootleg(fake) games.
    Until the day comes when I get a username change, please call me Nyarth no Uta or something. :P

I kinda liked Diamond (Telefang), especially the boss battles! My favorite bosses are Nenjiro (some dragon-looking thing) and Saiope (A water beast with a fish tail). But the hardest was Chap (this golem creature)! It seems to have A LOT of HP.
    I'll try to post some pics as well!

I'd love to see some pics of later in the game, I can never kill the Tornado E-monster....

Quote Originally Posted by Denjuu
    I kinda liked Diamond (Telefang), especially the boss battles! My favorite bosses are Nenjiro (some dragon-looking thing) and Saiope (A water beast with a fish tail). But the hardest was Chap (this golem creature)! It seems to have A LOT of HP.
    I'll try to post some pics as well!
    Saiope was an evolution from one of the paths of Ririonpu, the blue fish who was extremely... err, how do I put it. Hyper. The last I saw of my own one was when I thnk, I had my own Saiope. Or was it Rasenmai, I forget.

Anyway, I'd take some pictures, but my file was deleted. Because I left it alone for a long time. >>;; And also due to the fact the Antenna Tree gate to get to the next area was permanently shut sealing me in forever and ever and ever, because I took too long in this area training, due to some of the tougher E-Monster bosses being upwards of level 70! >>;;

SONG OF ANARCHY
    onii-chan, where are you?
    steam || ustream || youtube

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast