Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactics Theatrics! (430)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoOCha0tic
    its a bad thing because that would make the bf series even more predictable. -.-
    Aww, but if he hadn't won, you'd have to complain about a ton of fillers.
    Look at it this way. Now you get to complain about a decent battle episode with absolutely no faults at all, instead of complaining about many random ones in which nothing particulary spectacular happens!

Feel better now?

That episode looks very superb. I wish can download the episode that but I cannot ask for downloads here.

This day is very sweet, first Harley and now Tucker. I wonder when are they gonna use the Tucker pic in myt sig as a avatar?

Season One Complete!

Deoxys & Jirachi Guest

i looked at the pictures of the episode and i thought it was a good battle with that person in the battle dome and ash won again and gained his third symbol and i thought ash was going to lose this one for sure.

BrokenDreams Guest

Did talk about May in this episode?

*Holds Breath*
    Damn - that was one awesome episode. The animation was really cool looking. Wow - Tucker was actually manly and didn't sound homosexual. Oh well - looks can be deceiving. He was just entertaining all the girls in the crowd, xD. Dang, his Pokémon had some amazing moves. I still can't figure out the water on the ceiling thing - was that the move Water Spout or something? The CG moves always look so awesome :P - I wish more future battles could be like this. It was also amazing that Team Rocket for once didn't interrupt the battle - I wish it could stay that way but we can't make that decision >_>; We can expect that he could possibly be one of the best Frontier Brains (in the show anyway) I also think he's a ladies man but he isn't some evil freak either like Harley.
    *Exhales*

Oh well - this one one awesome episode and deserves an awesome rating of 10/10! This has been the best episode so far IMO.

~Scott
    Last edited by MidnightScott; 26th November 2005 at 7:11 PM.

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

boLd NinJa{Koga's Son} Guest

saw the pics, the episode is awesom! Especially Tucker's Swampert made the Episode so cool.It is the first time we see a Swampert battle that long!That Tail-Glowing thing, was that really water pulse?

Quote Originally Posted by ShoOCha0tic
    its a bad thing because that would make the bf series even more predictable. -.-
    It's no more predictable then Ash getting all 8 badges or May getting her 5 ribbons. We know Ash/May will get all their little trinkets to enter the league, so even if Ash/May lose, we know they'll just try again until they succeed.

Besides, I think they're saving Ash's loss for Lucy. That way the writers can put Lucy in more than one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    We know Ash/May will get all their little trinkets to enter the league, so even if Ash/May lose, we know they'll just try again until they succeed.
    Indeed, it's most inevitable that Ash will obtain all seven Frontier Symbols... it's not predictable, it's fiction... the protagonist usually wins.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

My God my bad day gets worse.

Of course that fat guy has to appear in page 2 of the pics. OF COURSE!

I didn't really feel like looking through all the pics because

#1 I knew the outcome already
    #2 Scottie was in it

I just hope that we won't rush to the Battle Pike if that is were we are going next.

From what I saw the battle was pretty cool but Yott (not a typo) being in the episode ruined it for me.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Has Scott ever explained why he's always managed to show up just when Ash is about to enter a Facility? It seems too much of a coincidence to me.

He's either stalking Ash...or possibly May.

I just saw the episode and it was nice. I really liked the seventh movie music playing. Swampert is just awsome. He looks just so flexible and long! Overall one nice episode.

Just one thing I didn't understand. Before the match started some machine popped up. What was the purpose for that?

1. Scott thinks Ash is a very powerful trainer and wants to watch his battles.
    2. Scott owns the Battle Frontier, duh.
    3. Why do yall hate Scott so much - he doesn't have gender identity issues like Harley - Harley is a sick evil freak.

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Blaziken master Guest

Best Battle frontier facility episode ever! The battles were awesome and the fan girls were crazy! Swampert got the battle time it deserved and arcanine was more awesome than usual.The team of Swellow and corphish was the best in a while. Tucker's voice sounded like the anouncer of the hoenn league to me. It could have used an pre battle filler episode though.

Cookies for Akihiro Tamagawa and Masaaki Iwane <3

This episode was delicious. The animation speaks for itself, I loved the BGM used here (I was already wondering when they were going to use music from the 7th movie soundtrack), and the battle had variety and was well paced. They do have to watch that 'Battle Frontier' doesn't become overused though. It's a great song, and I don't want them to ruin it by playing it over and over again.

Of course, I liked the Pok&#233;mon in this battle too. Corphish is my favorite Ash Pok&#233;mon at the moment, with Swellow, they make a great team.

Two particular scenes at the beginning were really hilarious. The one with Ash happily answering the interviewers' questions, until he was told by Scott that they were only interested in him because he was Tucker's opponent, and the scene later with May and Max imagining what their father would look like with Tucker's outfit. And holy crackers, Norman looked yummy in that fairy costume if I may say so O.o

Tucker is awesome, but I knew that all along anyway. His movements were just plain cool. So far, they've always found a way to make the Brains even more interesting than in the games, I hope they keep up with that. Victor was pretty cool, too.

I was a little irritated by the fangirls' (first) impolite attitude towards Ash, but on the other hand, I'm glad. Characters with a large fanbase in their 'world' tend to have an extremely cocky attitude (Tucker excluded), and a generally confident person like Ash might become even worse than just stuck-up XD

Well...if I went on I'd probably just continue repeating what others already said. But really, it's my favorite Frontier Battle so far.

Just one thing I didn't understand. Before the match started some machine popped up. What was the purpose for that?
    It was a Pok&#233;mon transfering machine (or however they call that thing which switches their Pok&#233;mon with others from the 'box'/laboratory) I think. I guess it works like the ones in Pok&#233;mon Centers, but you have to wonder how, since there weren't any telephones near by. :/
    Last edited by Sushi; 26th November 2005 at 10:10 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Tucker's Swampert > Masamune's Swampert. It's what his SHOULD'VE been.

And this episode goes to show you that manga spoilers can't always keep 'em down.

God, is there anything BAD about this episode? Honestly. I guess you could say it was fairly formulatic. But some things taste good as they are.

It leaves me almost sad.... We aren't going to get fabulous animation like that each episode. Hell, just WATCHING the Elekid preview made me depressed.

Lucy should be next. Can't wait for that. And see now, I'm spoiled. They showed the Battle Dome so early that I'm anticipating an event that won't occur for another 10 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    But on the downside, it really makes you notice just how limited Corphish's moves are. All its really been using are the ol' Crabhammer and Bubblebeam, and its lack of attacks really stood out in contrast to the other pokémon. That needs to be fixed methinks. Screw evolution, what Corphish 'needs' is another decent attack. Dig, where art 'thou?~
    AMEN.

Harden, Vicegrip, Bubblebeam, Crabhammer. It's a wonder how Ash's Pokemon can survive with only select attacks.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Hitchin_A_Ride Guest

Tucker! finally apear..he look so masculine in the series that i was shocked i must said...but..pretty cool episode and the best FB so far!

damn.... three Frontier Brains showed up thus far, and for two of them, their seiyuu almost immediately struck me as being familiar (the first being Datsura). All throughout this episode, I was thinking "Heath sounds like Count Elec from Rockman.EXE" (a series I'd been downloading lately). I waited for the credits to see his name, did a quick look-up, and BAM! I was right ^^.

Anyway, I can't friggin believe it. The previous episode has Hakuryuu, my favorite Pokemon, in the title. Obviously, I had high expectations for it, but it ended up absolutely sucking (mainly due to Zenigame glorification and Hakuryuu barely appearing enough to redeem the negative aspects about the episode). Meanwhile, this episode features a Pokemon I rather dispise, but it ends up kicking a**. Yeah, I know, we should just enjoy these episodes for what they are rather than let our preferences in Pokemon cloud our judgement and jump to conclusions before seeing them, but dammit, this anime's main intent is to showcase those creatures. How can we be expected NOT to judge an episode at least somewhat based on our favorite or least favorite Pokemon being featured. Besides, other than Windie appearing, there was also the manga spoiling everything and the fact that it was a Frontier Brain battle being crammed into one episode that lowered our expectations (not to say Kogomi's battle was horrid, but a second episode would've done it some good, and that goes even more towards Haruka's latest contest, which tried too hard to cram in a backstory. Heath's characterization and battle, though, seemed to have been nicely wrapped up within the span of one episode).

So, even though I'm no fan of Windie, this battle was great nontheless. Heigani and Oosubame are loveable as always, and I agree with what was said about the variety in move usage, though the Mud Shot that looked like Bubble Beam bugged the hell out of me. And was that really Water Pulse? I thought I heard "Mizu no Hadou" as well, but that looked an awful lot like it should've been Whirlpool to me (would've been cool if it was, though, because that would nicely demonstrate how moves like that and Surf could possibly be executed on land). These guys have been inconsistent with how moves look before, but this time, it seems to have gotten just plain ridiculous. I did like Protect looking like a forcefield, though. Oh, and Haruka seems to have commented on using Fire Blast for a Contest appeal.... I wonder if this is a sign of things to come for Wakashamo.

It's about time there was mention of Satoshi's participation in all those leagues (also nice to see that the Orange Island tournament and Whirl Cup hadn't been forgotten, even if I utterly detested the latter one and its crappy mini-saga). But it's a shame they didn't take this opportunity to give Haruka and Masato a more surprised reaction. Remember, Masato wasn't familiar with Satoshi prior to his final battle in the Shirogane Tournament. Sure, he and Haruka been with Satoshi for the past... oh, possibly a year in the anime's time.... but we can only wonder if Satoshi told them about these things off-screen (I don't think they knew he had a Kabigon until the Banana Namakero Park episode. Besides, it could be a little hard to believe that Satoshi won the Orange championship, especially when Masato had poked fun at him only coming in 8th place in Shirogane, a very recent event at the time). Ah well, I already got a giant mutt laughing in my face going "you can't have it all".

Finally, I'd like to personally thank Rocket Dan. If they hadn't been so limitedly involved as they were, I can bet you this all wouldn't have been pulled off within a single episode as nicely as it was.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 27th November 2005 at 2:14 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

While looking at the pictures at filb.de, I noticed something. In the video before the match profiling Ash to the audience, we see screens of the Indigo League, Whirl Cup, Silver Conference, and Evergrande stadiums. Nice touch.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    It's about time there was mention of Satoshi's participation in all those leagues (also nice to see that the Orange Island tournament and Whirl Cup hadn't been forgotten, even if I utterly detested the latter one and its crappy mini-saga).
    Eh? They did forget the Orange league though - it was the only one that wasn't shown. Rather odd considering it was an actual league with gyms and all, unlike the Whirl Islands tournament, which was shown.
    ~

Shiny Rekkuza Guest

I really though Ash was gonna lose this one ._.

oh well there is always hope Azami will beat the bloody pulp out of him with her Milotic, seviper, or shuckle

The animation was superb, Tucker was great as were the moves that the pokemon used ^^ Great ep overall

I loved seeing all the leagues Ash has been in (but orange islands wasn't there T_T), it seems the Battle Dome is the 'public facility' since it was like a league stadium, full of fans (all there for Tucker, except for May, Max, Brock and Scott), It was an amazing battle, shame the previous battle fronteir matches weren't this great. I did think Ash was going to lose, Swellow and Corphish v Arcanine and Swampert...

9/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    I'm a little disappointed that Scott had to show his fat face again. I'm convinced more than ever that he's a pedophilic stalker.
    He's a stalker in the games, so it makes sense that he's one in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Eh? They did forget the Orange league though - it was the only one that wasn't shown. Rather odd considering it was an actual league with gyms and all, unlike the Whirl Islands tournament, which was shown.
    I suggest you watch the episode again. I clearly heard them refer to the Orange championship, even if I don't recall a picture of it being shown.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

*Head + desk*

My bad. I [obviously] didn't catch that the first time around. I'll blame it on the fact that it was like 4:30 in the morning when I watched the episode. Yeah, that's it... ^^;;
    ~

Did anyone notice that May's egg disappeared unless the pics skipped over it. Anyway this episode was pretty good. Not any flaws really and it makes me wonder why half of the hoenn league battles were so much worse than this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast