Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tactics Theatrics! (430)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Did anyone notice that May's egg disappeared unless the pics skipped over it. Anyway this episode was pretty good. Not any flaws really and it makes me wonder why half of the hoenn league battles were so much worse than this.
    yeah, but maybe Scott had it in his marshmellow hair

or maybe it magically dissapeared for this episode

or maybe the animators couldn't be bothered..
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    yeah, but maybe Scott had it in his marshmellow hair

or maybe it magically dissapeared for this episode

or maybe the animators couldn't be bothered..
    Or maybe the animators browsed the Serebii forum and checked all the threads which say "OMG wh4AT IZ mAayS EgG g00ng 2 b?!" and decided to remove the egg in-case of future scenarios.

End of post.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Anyway this episode was pretty good. Not any flaws really and it makes me wonder why half of the hoenn league battles were so much worse than this.
    Wonder no more, it can all be explained by a magical little thing call inconsistency... these writers really do seem to have good days and bad.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Hopefully Team Rocket only play minor parts in battles like this. Was great overall. Loved the nice CG effects, although how many times was the crowd screaming scene repeated?

Anyway, pretty good episode (this is the first I've actually seen of the BF Saga), future BF episodes should be this good. Scotts really funny, and his super-round face.

9/10 - Good animation, but if they made really smooth animations a perfect 10/10. Nice battle.

End of post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    All throughout this episode, I was thinking "Heath sounds like Count Elec from Rockman.EXE" (a series I'd been downloading lately). I waited for the credits to see his name, did a quick look-up, and BAM! I was right ^^.
    Gahh! I knew Tucker sounded strangely familliar! If he had been constantly spouting a truck-load of totally random Engrish, I'd have recognised him in an instant! >_<

Mawile_Eyes Guest

This Es show me the best battle, Tucker is so kool and his pokemon are so powerful. One thing I don't like: Ash's pokemon seem so strong after they are hit by Fusion Of Water & Fire. I think it's not fair

Quote Originally Posted by skarmachild
    Or maybe the animators browsed the Serebii forum and checked all the threads which say "OMG wh4AT IZ mAayS EgG g00ng 2 b?!" and decided to remove the egg in-case of future scenarios.
    I love seeing people make fun of "leet" speak...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I finnaly got a way to obtain the episode. The battle was of a great quality and was done very well (even if it did lack Charizard/Grovyle). Arcanine and Swampert were very powerful/formidable and Corphish and Swellow were able to stay for pretty long. I liked Tucker's little magic trick at the end and his entrance was cool how he leaped around the dome.

But why was Ash suprised and scared when Scott told him about Tucker?

Season One Complete!

Mawile_Eyes Guest

I don't know Japanese but I guess that Scott told Ash 'bout Tucker's record before. And no ones hasn't defeated him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Gahh! I knew Tucker sounded strangely familliar! If he had been constantly spouting a truck-load of totally random Engrish, I'd have recognised him in an instant! >_<
    Didn't it seem like he was speaking enough Engrish? Given, it wasn't as random as what you'd expect from a British stereotype, but he still went on quite a bit about "beauty" and whatnot.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Didn't it seem like he was speaking enough Engrish? Given, it wasn't as random as what you'd expect from a British stereotype, but he still went on quite a bit about "beauty" and whatnot.
    If he did, then I honsetly didn't notice it. About the only bit of engrish I heard from him was 'entertainment', 'fusion' and 'fighting spirit'. Which, compared to the amount of engrish Elec used most of the time, is pretty limited.
    All I could hear from Tucker however, was the constant use of 'suteki' :P

What was the typical "Special strategy of the day" that Ash always use to win in each Gym/Frontier/League battle???? In the ep pictures I just saw Corphish riding on Swellow through some fog and then Corphish KOing Arcanine with a Crabhammer uppercut. I didn´t even see how Swellow KOed Swampert.

Well he basically had Corphish bubble Arcanine's fire blast to create steam and hide his pokemon. Then Swellow (Corphish on its back) uses aerial ace zips past Arcanine & Swampert then they come back and attack them to KO.

It's because with a head on attack they'd have supported each other and countered but they were taken from surprise

BrokenDreams Guest

Did it mention Tucker being undefeated?

What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped into the air to attack Swellow in the beginning of the battle!?
    Better yet, what were all the attacks that Arcanine, Swampert, Corphish, and Swellow used in this episode!?
    Last edited by Addydo; 3rd December 2005 at 8:35 AM.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo
    What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped into the air to attack Swellow in the beginning of the battle!?
    That was an Aerial Ace attack~

What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped over Swampert in page 5 of the pictures!?
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped over Swampert in page 5 of the pictures!?
    ...Didn't I just like....answer that question?
    Don't make me spell it out in phonics now!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    ...Didn't I just like....answer that question?
    Don't make me spell it out in phonics now!
    No, the one where he's got this white stream of light in front of his mouth, when he jumps over Swampert.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

A-R-I-E-L
    Eh-ruh-ee-ul

A-C-E
    Ay-suh

What Attack was that that Corphish got hit by in page 6 of the pictures!?
    Also was that just Flamethrower Arcanine used on Swellow, or was that Overheat too, or Flame Wheel!?
    Oh, and why was Swampert's Tail glowing? Was he using Rain Dance or something!?
    The reason I'm asking these questions is because I'm trying to make my own Synopsis for myself to read.
    Last edited by Addydo; 5th December 2005 at 9:36 AM.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Thumbs up

What Attack was that that Corphish got hit by in page 6 of the pictures!?
    Also was that just Flamethrower Arcanine used on Swellow, or was that Overheat too, or Flame Wheel!?
    Oh, and why was Swampert's Tail glowing? Was he using Rain Dance or something!?
    The reason I'm asking these questions is because I'm trying to make my own Synopsis for myself to read.
    Swampert used Mud Shot on Corphish
    I'm pretty sure Arcanine used Flame Thrower and Fire Blast on Swellow
    Swampert was using Water Pulse when its tail was glowing

i refuse to do anything phonetically >.>

correct me if i'm wrong d('-'*)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballs
    Swampert used Mud Shot on Corphish
    I'm pretty sure Arcanine used Flame Thrower and Fire Blast on Swellow
    Swampert was using Water Pulse when its tail was glowing

i refuse to do anything phonetically >.>

correct me if i'm wrong d('-'*)
    Thanks Pokeballs!!!
    What happens in page 10, cause I'm a bit confused?
    Last edited by Addydo; 6th December 2005 at 9:59 AM.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Wow, this Episode was great, although i have only seen the pictures *sighs* What was the attack used by Swampert when its tail began shining?

EDIT - already know the answer *water pulse*

For a change of pace, how did the Water Pulse attack work/act?

In the past it has always been a sphere of water but in this episode it looked very complicated and different.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast