Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tactics Theatrics! (430)

Good battle but ash should have lost swellow and corphish sounded horrible and ash hasnt improved at all its been six episodes and he still sounds terrible.

The dub version was so bland. Part of what made the Japanese version so awesome was all the suspenseful music. Yet nearly all of it was replaced. I also remember Tucker's entrance being far more exciting. But oh well. It was decent.

Marry the Night

Yami Yugi + Harley + Yusuke + Pegasus = Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Yami Yugi + Harley + Yusuke + Pegasus = Tucker.
    My thoughts exactly. ^_^
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuddyBud View Post
    but swampert and arcanine were defeated by 1 super weak aerial ace and crabhammer

did i mention they were only hit once?
    Quit exaggerating. Seriously. All you're doing with that is being annoying. Did you close your eyes and plug your ears at the point where Ash tricked Arcanine and Swampert into attacking each other, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by darza77 View Post
    and ash hasnt improved at all its been six episodes and he still sounds terrible.
    Different does not equal terrible. And this is not the place to talk about voices.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Did anyone else notice that when the episode started and they showed a group of trainers and their pokemon, there was a blue Breloom?O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Pichumaster View Post
    Did anyone else notice that when the episode started and they showed a group of trainers and their pokemon, there was a blue Breloom?O_o
    Yeah, but that was the episode Weekend Warrior, not Tactics Theatrics.

I actually thought this was a decently done episode. Though it felt like a repeat of Wheel of Frontier. The double battle was a nice touch. I like how Ash was able to pick up on Tucker's strategy then use it against him. I was expecting Grovyle for this battle, since he could then seriously beat up Swampert. Though i see how he would have the advantage using Swellow. Just odd though.

One of the coolest touches was Ash's intro, showing all of his achievements(mentioning his win at the Orange Island League, then telling of his other feats), and also the press conference. Did anyone else notice what one of the journalists actually said: "What do you think of reporters who ask a lot of questions?" Isnt that the scenario with these things. Not only that, but the primary new reporters looked an awful lot like Gabby and TY(though i dont think it's true). Also, When Max cautioned Ash about the interview, what did Ash do next? Partly made himself look a little dumb.

Overall, a great Battle episode. I have noticed that for some odd reason, there was only three filler episodes required between the Battle Arena and the Battle Dome. Between the Battle Factory and the Battle Arena i think it was a good 8 episodes between them. Then there will be four other filler episodes between the Battle Dome and the Battle Pike. Odd way of doing things.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Obviously, Ash chose not to use Grovyle because of the presence of Arcanine.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I feel he should have used Kingler instead of Corphish in this ep.

Poor Kingler never got a battle this saga. :/

What did Swellow's new voice sounded like?

More or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I feel he should have used Kingler instead of Corphish in this ep.

Poor Kingler never got a battle this saga. :/
    I guess because Ash already had a crab/water pokemon. Same reason why Totodile, Noctowl and Bayleef aren't used at all in BF.

I really enjoyed this episode, as compared to the dragonair episode. It was very entertaining from beginning to end, and the fight was awesome. My two cents:

-- Nothing bad from Team Rocket. Gotta love it.
    -- They actually mention Ash's win in the Orange Islands. They rarely seem to mention it, they seem to only mention his losses in Kanto and Johto.
    -- Best line: "Did I just say something a little dumb?" LOL
    -- Best exchange: Scott: "Tucker's the star, and you're a supporting actor." Ash (horrified): "ACTOR?!?"
    -- The scene with May imagining Norman wearing Tucker's costume was definitely hilarious.
    -- I loved the fans' reactions to everything Tucker did.
    -- AWESOME fight. It was tough, exciting, and unpredictable, just the way I like it.

Overall, 10/10. I'd be looking more forward to next week if I wasn't suffering from Ranger overload thanks to the captioning thread.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

did you notice the way that Tucker's Swampert had advanced techniqes.
    Like mud shot was previously like sludge bomb except brown but now is a bright blue colour. Water pulse used to be a ball of water that would hit the opponent unleashing a wave of water, now it is like rain dance except with more power
    Great episode.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    did you notice the way that Tucker's Swampert had advanced techniqes.
    Like mud shot was previously like sludge bomb except brown but now is a bright blue colour.
    That wasn't a special look for his Swampert but one of the many "makeovers" to attacks that occur through the series. All Mud Shots will from now on look like this, unless they decide to change them again. Honestly I'm okay with most of the makeovers but this one is a bit hard to take simply because there is nothing muddy about blues spheres of energy, and it is a Ground type attack after all...

Water pulse used to be a ball of water that would hit the opponent unleashing a wave of water, now it is like rain dance except with more power
    Great episode.
    Now that was a special use of Water Pulse. Since any Water Pulse simply collects moisture in the air into a sphere of energy, Tucker had trained his Swampert to the point that it could manipulate how the water was collected from the air and in turn manipulate the shape it took. Other pokemon that have shown the ability to alter the shape of water include Ash's Totodile (albeit that was not water collected from the air but its own internal supply).

Its also similar to how May's Combusken manipulates its Fire Spin to forms that look very different from regular Fire Spins, i.e balls of fire, swirling mid-air vortexes.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

I thought this was a great episode, having Ash battle a guy who girls would throw certain articles of clothing at if they could. The Frontier Brains are tough in the games and I'm glad the anime is reflecting that. My favorite scene was the press conference and I loved how Ash's intro recapped his entire career as a Pokemon trainer. Seldom do we get continuity in the dub.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

I Thought it was a amazing episode and a good battle
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

And Ash wins by another fluke! Oh well... anything to please the children right? Lol IMO I wanted Ash to lose since he had much more weaker pokemon and they werent as skilled as Tuckers pokemon. But everything was pretty good like Ash's introduction and Tuckers with the flashing lights and the poofy smoke everywhere. Great episode and great battle! Nice animation used in this episode. I loved it. I give it a 8.5/10!
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

I enjoyed that episode quite a bit actually. If I was in Ash's position, and I had the opportunity to call upon any of my own, I would have used Bayleef and Kingler or Phanpy.
    I loved how Ash's intro recapped his entire career as a Pokemon trainer. Seldom do we get continuity in the dub.
    Me too. Especially seeing all the arena quickly aswell.

Do the Robot!

I'd say it was a good episode, very exciting, and kept me on my toes XD. And those who say Aerial Ace is weak, it's actually described as an extremely fast and powerful attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashdan View Post
    I'd say it was a good episode, very exciting, and kept me on my toes XD. And those who say Aerial Ace is weak, it's actually described as an extremely fast and powerful attack.
    True and my Scizor in my Emerald version has it and it's anything but weak.

I haven't had my review on the episode yet so I might do it while I'm here. I loved it and it kept me on my seat the whole time during the battle. The animation during the battle was really nice aswell and this is coming from someone who's been studying animation. It worked very well.

I like the voices in it, they're working for me very well. So I'm satisfied with it and ejoyed it a lot.

10/10

Put together by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Phelps View Post
    The battle was great in this episode, but it felt a little rushed at the end with the deus ex machina Aerial Ace and Crabhammer. They could have stretched this battle out some more but I know how they like to squeeze everything into one episode and halfass the end of the battle.

Remember Golden Swellow?
    To, me I thought Ash should have lost this one, I didn't believe that his Corphish and Swellow could survive being almost totaled in a Fire and Water vortex. It was kind of cheap that a Crabhammer and an Aerial Ace can take down an Arcanine and a Swampert. The battle was alright, but it did feel rushed with the Aerial Ace and the Crabhammer. Yeah, it was cheaper as the Golden Pikachu and Swellow Thunder Armor was. The whole battle besides that part was good. I'd give this episode a 7.5/10.

Love this episode. This battle was the hottest I've ever seen. My heart kept on pounding cause of how fast everthing was going and was hoping none of Ash's pokemon would lose. And I don't like the fact that everyone doesn't think that Ash isn't experienced than Tucker. Even though Ash as less leveled pokemon doesn't mean he doesn't know how to use them to win.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 8th January 2007 at 10:51 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

I just recently rewatched it on my computer, and i realized something. Brock says that Arcanine can use Protect. that is infact wrong. Swampert is the one who used Protect. Not too sure what happened there.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Great Ep Im Now A Tucker Lover God He's Smexy >_< Swelows Voice Seemed Better Corp Has A Cold ._. And Ash Has Balls YAY

~ James

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast