Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reversing The Charges! (431)

Well, that's news. :0 I gotta say, I expected it to take much longer for the little guy to evolve, but it's certainly a pleasent surprise. Now he'll really be able to make up for his former shaftage.
    ~

Ok...then this is to be totally cool..i so cant wait to see what is to happen ..in this ep...

i'm jsut going to miss that cutness it had
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Blaziken master Guest

Well thats cool! Can't wait to see how it evolves and if it learns any new attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    As near as I can tell, May's Egg didn't hatch BUT Ash's Phanpy evolved into Donphan
    I Swear to God I felt an orgasm when I read that *hopes its true as I haven't read the whole thread yet*

Edit: Well I've read all the posts so far and it has yet to be proved wrong. I don't believe this, first Glalie suprised us all and now Donphan. This is the kind of evolutions I love, ones that suprise us. My day lasted very long to me but as it turned out, it was worth it. ^_^ GO DONPHAN!
    Last edited by Thriller; 1st December 2005 at 11:32 PM.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Anyone notice that Ash has always taken a liking to Donphan? Remember that Donphan filler from early Johto where Ash was so impressed with them?
    well, it's probably no coincidence that Donphan was also one of the first GS pokemon to be showcased way back in the first movie...

maybe it's one of Satoshi Taraji's favourites? simalar to how Poliwag (another of his favourites) ended up with Misty...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    well, it's probably no coincidence that Donphan was also one of the first GS pokemon to be showcased way back in the first movie...
    ...what? o.o

Anyways, yay for Donphan. All I epected this ep to be was to put some experience under Phanpy's belt to make it evolve a bit later. But whatever, Donphan is awesome!

And I'll be waiting for pics! *tapes eyes to screen*

Not the place, but...the trainer Ash faced in the opening credits to the first Pokemon movie had a Donphan. I believe it faced Bulbasaur.

I'm so happy for Phanpy/Donphan now. Maybe Ash will keep it on his team longer too because it evolved.

Does anyone know what became of James and Manene?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Not the place, but...the trainer Ash faced in the opening credits to the first Pokemon movie had a Donphan. I believe it faced Bulbasaur.
    Yeah, but what does that have anything to do with Ash's love for Donphan and Phanpy's evolution? o.o

*getting nervous* umm...he liked it ever since he fought one?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    well, I guess it's great that phanpy evolved... wonder how it's going to behave now that it's no longer a baby...
    There have been baby Donphan in this series, so it probably won't change that much. Didn't make any sense, but it was on Donphan's "debut" episode in Johto.

I had a feeling that phanpy would evolve.
    3DS Friend Code: 1676-3803-7109

I claimed Raikou!

Youtube
    and deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother
    Yeah, but what does that have anything to do with Ash's love for Donphan and Phanpy's evolution? o.o
    He just meant that it was foreshadowing to Satoshi getting one. Can't say I agree, but whatever. D:
    ~

Man, I don't think we had any idea that there would be an evolution in a specific episode since Glalie. (Mudkip didn't count because I think somebody speculated it.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    He just meant that it was foreshadowing to Satoshi getting one. Can't say I agree, but whatever. D:
    I didn't really mean that, I just meant that Satoshi Taraji liked Donphan so much that anime Satoshi eventually got one

goodness knows why though... anyway, it wouldn't act like a baby, the only time it really did act like a baby was in the episode it hatched in, other then that it acted like any other small pokemon.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

This was a totally unexpected twist. They grow up so fast, *sob* *sob*.

Why are people acting like it was so quick for it to evolve? It took longer than a whole region for it to evolve and yes the time being away from Ash counts in my book.

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Churly Ryan
    Why are people acting like it was so quick for it to evolve? It took longer than a whole region for it to evolve and yes the time being away from Ash counts in my book.
    Thats a good point, Ash got it 200 episodes ago, thats a bigger gap than Brock's Zubat's evolution

People are just taking into account that it hasn't had too many official pokémon battles, thus it hasn't really had all that much training.
    I don't particulary see the justification in that myself, considering pokémon like Taillow, who barely did anything at all, could evolve into living tanks.

Well, I said it because it probably hardly battle any pokemon at all while in Oak's lab, so I said that because I didn't have much experience before joining Ash. I don't know why anyone else said it though.

Edit: Darn, Gravy said it first!

It must have gotten in some sort of practice or something while at Oak's...I think most Pokemon do. Maybe they play-fight or something. Something had to happen while Phanpy was there for it to have learned Hidden Power, right?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Considering Oak tried to make a natural setting for the Pokemon to live and Pokemon naturally compete, it must have gotten some fighting under it's belt. Not mention we have seen wars break out between the Pokemon (like the water and grass Pokemon who seem to beat other within an inch of their lives whenever Bulbasaur is not around). I doubt it just played all day.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Really? Who cares?

Krabby evolved into Kingler after ONE battle.

Snorunt evolved into Glalie seemingly out of nowhere.

Brock's Zubat evolved into Golbat and then Crobat simply from Brock cheering it on.

And dare I mention Mudkip? Who barely ever battles and evolved despite rotting in it's Pokeball for 95% of AG?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    It must have gotten in some sort of practice or something while at Oak's...I think most Pokemon do. Maybe they play-fight or something. Something had to happen while Phanpy was there for it to have learned Hidden Power, right?
    Thats exactly why its time away from Ash counted to me.
    Last edited by Thriller; 2nd December 2005 at 2:16 AM.

No, that's why it should. Because it WAS practice...or whatever. Doesn't matter whether or not Ash was there.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Oh wait, I didn't type that right. *Fixes*

Why do I get the feeling that Donphan will now be Oaked in favour of another Pokemon, possibly Cyndaquil? Think about it, whenever a Pokemon reaches its final form it gets sent straight to Oak. It happened with Glalie, Kingler and Muk and I suppose Snorlax. Plus ever since Oaking Torkoal we got to the first time Ash travelled regularly without a fire type so Cyndaquil seems like the best bet to join him.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast