Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reversing The Charges! (431)

If that means Cyndaquil evolves, I'm all for it.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Me too! But it probably won't happen.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

I wouldn't count on it. They've obviously evolved Phanpy so when it eventually does get a chance at a Frontier battle, its efforts will seem more plausible and until then its going to be sticking around for quite some time.

Besides, he's only got 5 pokémon on his team, with a slot to spare. Why on earth would they dispose of one pokémon that he's used minimally in favour of another.

Quote Originally Posted by Churly Ryan
    Oh wait, I didn't type that right. *Fixes*

Why do I get the feeling that Donphan will now be Oaked in favour of another Pokemon, possibly Cyndaquil? Think about it, whenever a Pokemon reaches its final form it gets sent straight to Oak. It happened with Glalie, Kingler and Muk and I suppose Snorlax. Plus ever since Oaking Torkoal we got to the first time Ash travelled regularly without a fire type so Cyndaquil seems like the best bet to join him.
    it could happen after the battle pike considering that so many people seem to think it will be used against her, and who wants to bet that the people who don't want Grovyle or Corphish to evolve are now going to use this as an excuse for them not to evolve.

POKEMON EVARUSHUNO!!!

BOO. YAH.

Awww, I hate smilies.... but who cares?! Tis a day of CELEBRATION, Biz-natches!

Oh damn. Okay okay, step back... I mean, it's not really all that revolutionary. Donphan has been around since the first movie. It's had a filler and fights with Ash and more filler and more fights with Ash. After having Phanpy so long, and as soon as it was thrown into the BF saga, the moment of its evolution has almost been an edge-of-the-seat type expectation. And it had Hidden Power [mysteriously], so it must be when Ash's Pokemon learn new attacks they evolve. =P

You know what? Screw that 'effin egg. This is 10x better. Elecrap can steal as many eggs as it wants! Heil Donphan!

Hmmm.... Still waiting on that Grovyle evolution. HURRY UP, DAMN IT.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Wow. What a pleasant suprise. It's about time Ash gets some of these suprises like May, Brock, and James were getting. Jessie could be next.

Season One Complete!

Wow holy crap. I came here wanting to see if the egg hatched and into what pokemon, and what happens but I find out that phanpy evolved suprisingly. I guess I'm happy that it evolved since it will probably get more screentime, but I wanted it to stay as a phanpy for a little longer. I would of rather seen cyndaquil or grovyle evolve but its all good. But that egg better hatch next week or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Churly Ryan
    Why are people acting like it was so quick for it to evolve? It took longer than a whole region for it to evolve and yes the time being away from Ash counts in my book.
    I guess it seems like a rapid evolution because we've seen phanpy in the show ever since it hatched... it's whole life basically, whereas other pokemon to evolve have been captured and we haven't had a clue as to their past experience.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Phanpy evolving is exactly why he's back in Ash's team. I saw this coming. Donphan will have a new evolution for Diamond/Pearl. Just you wait and see. This is a good way for Ash to get a D/S Pokemon without having to catch a fresh one.
    Last edited by TooCoolScyther; 2nd December 2005 at 5:47 AM.
    Cloning is a glitch in the game. Abusing a glitch is cheating. Therefore, if you clone. You cheat.
    The cloning glitch may or may not screw up your Emerald game, but I hope it'll screw up your Diamond/Pearl game if and when you trade it over.

IF YOU CHEAT, YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!

Donphan is a lot more physically powerful than any of Ash's other pokemon (judging by stats). It will be a secret weapon after the Battle Pike, and a damn good'un. Whether or not it sticks around is debatable, but I sure hope so!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Default BF Episode 431 - Startling! Frightening! Elekid!

I have seen this episode on Saturday. This episode is about when Ash, Pikachu & the others saw an Elekid in a forest. Then Team Rocket tried to capture Pikachu earlier but they got blast off by Elekid's thunder attack and separated with Manene alone. The Pokemon egg was captured by Elekid's Antenna. May tries to tell it to give back the Pokemon egg but it couldn't listen. But Ash & the others saw Manene in a forest. Maybe they knew it must be Team Rocket got separated with Manene. But actually Team Rocket got May's Pokemon Egg. So James traded May's Pokemon Egg back and she traded James's Manene back too. A Golem Mecha Robot with a Rocket sign on its head(Team Rocket's mecha)tried to catch Pikachu & Elekid but Ash orders Phanpy to attack the Golem Mecha Robot with a Rollout but gets knocked out. But suddenly Ash's Phanpy actually glows and evolve into a Donphan. Ash orders Donphan to use Rollout to stop the robot from attacking & Donphan finishes Team Rocket's robot off with a Hyper Beam. Its attacks of Ash's Donphan can use anytime for training for the Battle Pike: Tackle, Defense Curl, Take Down, Rollout, Earthquake, Hidden Power & Hyper Beam. Too bad May's egg haven't hatch this episode.
    Last edited by ~Flareon~; 3rd January 2006 at 1:37 PM.

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Swee
    This episode is about an Elekid in a forest where Ash, Pikachu & the others saw. Then Team Rocket still trying to capture Pikachu earlier but they got blast off and separated with Manene alone. The Pokemon egg was captured by Elekid. May tries to tell to give back the Pokemon egg but it couldn't listen. So Ash challenged the Elekid with his Pikachu so that it can get it back. But when Elekid takes a powerful thunder attack at the cloud and have shocked Pikachu. I am not sure who wins. Too bad May's egg haven't hatch. It was cool that Phanpy evolve into Donphan. At first, It was fighting with Golem with a Rocket sign on its head so that why Phanpy evolved. I haven't seen this episode till tomorrow Friday then see.
    You are the first person who didn't post about Phanpy/Donphan. Congratulations.

How was Elekid in this episode?

What!!! phanpy evolved it hasnt really had battle experience
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

Quote Originally Posted by DSRGBA
    What!!! phanpy evolved it hasnt really had battle experience
    And it joins Lotad, Mudkip, Zubat, Pineco, Snorunt and Krabby on the list of lucky evolvers. Welcome, Donphan. We all love you!

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    And it joins Lotad, Mudkip, Zubat, Pineco, Snorunt and Krabby on the list of lucky evolvers. Welcome, Donphan. We all love you!
    ....And all those Pokemon ROOOOOOCK Hardcore! [Crap, you put Forretress. didn't see that EW.]

Kick *** and take some names, Donphan!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

foretress rocks
    ...made by PomPom

Please move discussion of the evolution in comparison to other evolutions to another thread

Just discuss the episode here please

Volt Tackle Guest

That's good. Now Ash has yet ANOTHER powerhouse in his team.

Other bits from this episode:

Donphan has a new move: Hyperbeam
    Team Rocket at some point got the egg. But James was happy to trade the egg for his Manane back.
    That Elekid was out of control, attacking all the other Pokemon in the forest. Ash and co. first see it beating up a Exeggutor.
    Pikachu's Volt Tackle seems to be one of "Not-yet perfected" moves.

Happy to trade the egg back for Manene? So, what happened exactly? Did Elekid take Manene hostage or something, or did the twerps end up dragging around the clown with them?

Donphan has a new move: Hyperbeam
    ....I thought the whole reason for Hidden Power was so the pokémon had some sort of long range attack. Why did they feel the need to give it it another beam move that essentially acts in the exact same fashion? It makes Phanpy gaining Hidden Power in the first place seem rather pointless.

Gravy would've prefered a physical move :/ ...still, can't complain I suppose.
    Last edited by Gravy; 2nd December 2005 at 7:20 PM.

another Exeggutor down isnt electric types meant to be crap against grass type
    ...made by PomPom

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Pikachu's Volt Tackle seems to be one of "Not-yet perfected" moves.
    Perhaps we'll end up seeing another episode (or part of one) based on Ash learning how to perfect this move... perhaps with the involvement of some character of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRGBA
    another Exeggutor down isnt electric types meant to be crap against grass type
    This is the anime, where sometimes down is up and up is down...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Donphan now has Rollout, Earthquake, Hyper Beam and Hidden Power. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Donphan now has Rollout, Earthquake, Hyper Beam and Hidden Power. Not bad.
    Quite the moveset you need for a tank-type Pokemon!
    Doesn't it also have Tackle, Take Down and Defense Curl?
    Last edited by crawdauntpro; 2nd December 2005 at 7:46 PM.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    This is the anime, where sometimes down is up and up is down...
    i suppose...
    ...made by PomPom

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast