Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reversing The Charges! (431)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Happy to trade the egg back for Manene? So, what happened exactly? Did Elekid take Manene hostage or something, or did the twerps end up dragging around the clown with them?
    Ash and co came upon Manene after it was separated from Team Rocket. So they took Manene with them on their search for Elekid.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro
    Quite the moveset you need for a tank-type Pokemon!
    Doesn't it also have Tackle, Take Down and Defense Curl?
    Ya, Donphan has a lot of moves o.o

Hmmm it having Hyper Beam does seem to make Hidden Power a bit unnecessary though...

Geki Guest

YES!!! Ash's Phanpy evolved finally, I just checked the main site. I didn't even think of Phanpy evolving when I read that Ash had an update, I was thinking possibly a new capture or Corphish evolved.

I can tell that this has been all that has been said here, but I'm going to say it anyway.

I can't believe that Phanpy evolved. I've been waiting for this ever since I first heard that Ash was getting phanpy back on his team. It will most certainaly be used in his next brain battle.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Ash and co came upon Manene after it was separated from Team Rocket. So they took Manene with them on their search for Elekid.
    Was manene quite happy to travel with Ash and the others? I assume that it would have a sort of care-free/happy go lucky attitude...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Did Manene impersonate anyone in the gang? That would be amusing...

And, judging by the bio picture, Donphan looks amazing! I love it already!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Team Rocket Admin is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wow, the writer's IQ just went up 30 pts in my book.

THat should make their running total 10 then.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This kind of episode is exactly what we need. While everyone is dissing the writers' intelligence, they did something very smart. Mudkip's and Phanpy's Evolutions have been great surprises. By making fillers more substantial, they are drawing a better audiance and keeping the audiance in check. Now, no one will miss an episode just to make sure there isn't another surprise catch, hatch, or evolution!

But by definition they're not fillers since evolutions occured in them.
    ~

Heh heh, that's a fine line indeed.

It seems nowadays, the ratio of episodes centered around non-filler elements (concerning Pokemon) to non-filler episodes that could be considered regular fillers without said non-filler event is 50/50.

You look at an episode like Corphish's capture that had the whole center revolve around catching it and then compare that to, say, Mudkip's evo episode and go.... "Boy that's weird."

Come to think of it, after thinking about it for a while, most evolutions are surprises, at least as far as the entire point of the episode is concerned (I.E. we don't see the character trying to forceably evolve their Pokemon). It's only episodes AFTER that deal with their evolutions, just look at Bayleef.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

It does make me wonder why the writers choose to have evolutions just happen in seemingly random episodes, though i suppose the surprise is nice... but i do like it better when the episodes actually focus at least a little on the Pokemon b4 it evolves rather than "hey mudkip evolved! now about that wonder drug of love..."
    Last edited by Pokeballs; 3rd December 2005 at 2:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    It's only episodes AFTER that deal with their evolutions, just look at Bayleef.
    True, I hope we don't get some lame little incidents in which donphan's new size becomes a problem around the rest of the group.

When i saw the updated character bio is was like Ooooo did Ash catch the Elekid? But they would never give Ash another Electric type. I would like to see Elekid on someones teams, its such a cool pokemon. But when i saw Donphan i was like Yay! I was hoping Phanpy would evolve. I just love Donphan. I always thought it suited Ash from the first ep it appeared in. It seems like they are moving things along quickly. Evos, contests and frontier battles not that far apart from each other. I dont think this many important episodes have happened so quickly in a very, very long time. Its cool though. The next evo id like to see is either Corphish or Grovyle.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Pikachu_Imatation Guest

ITs good that Ash's Phanpy evolved now, but it's really weird where the hidden power came from. Phanpy must've been stronger than we thought.

Anyways the episode was okay, but I'll miss Phanpy's cuteness

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    This is the anime, where sometimes down is up and up is down...
    No, there's more to it than that. The reason Elekid was going crazy, as Brock figured out at one point, was that it was suffering from the same type of sickness that affected Pikachu in early AG, it had too much Electric energy built up in its body. That's how it was able to beat up all those Grass-types.

Loved the parts with Manene imitating Phanpy, the little clown doesn't seem to have anything against the "twerps" by itself...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Guys, what's this?. For what I saw, looks like Donphan have learned the Hyper-Beam attack. (Cool, really). But what's happening with the Hidden Power of Phanpy?. Maybe the attack also evolved with the Pokemon?.

Yes, it learned hakai kousen (Hyper Beam). No, it would still have Hidden Power.
    Last edited by Geodude; 3rd December 2005 at 11:01 PM.

crazymonkyfoul321 Guest

i thought ash might of caught that elekid as another electric type cause all he has is pikachu but pikachu is a good electric pokemon to have but im happy 4 ash's phanpy to finally evole.

Elekid was p*ssed. So was James. I loved his little explosion at Jessie and Meowth after they lost Manene. An entertaining filler at least. Other than that, nothing to write home about.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    An entertaining filler at least.
    Technically it wasn't a filler, given how phanpy evolved and all...

Anyways the episode was okay, but I'll miss Phanpy's cuteness
    Hey, Donphan is very cute. It's still a funny elephant.
    I didn't know Donphan looked that cool.
    There seems to have been heavy foreshadowing on the part of the writers with regards to this evolution, so it should have come as a suprise to no one.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

Meh. This episode was pretty boring I have to say.
    Essentially, all it consisted of were the characters aimlessly walking around ~:The Forest of Generic Woe:~ and attacking/getting attacked by this random Elekid. IMO, the only thing that saved this episode from being a total wash-out were a few amusing little skits from Team Rocket, and Phanpy's spontanious evolution. The rest was very forgetable, generic stuff and 'Lackluster' seems like the most appropriate description for it.

They had Manene hang around with the group, yet they didn't have it imitate any of them besides Phanpy? Hell, it barely interacted with them at all. Incredibly dissapointing.

James was pretty interesting in this episode, and was definatly one of the highlights. I found it especially funny when Meowth and James had to hold him back from trying to attack Elekid. Thats usually the sort of thing you'd expect from Jessie. Its rare to see him get so worked up about something, so it was a treat, for sure. I've definatly come to appreaciate James' character lately~

Bah. I still say HyperBeam fro Donphan was totally uncalled for. A decent physical move would have been miles better.
    Miles 'Tails' Better even.

But it already has two good physical-contact attacks in Rollout and Take Down.

It knows earthquake too.

Edit: Meh, could've been better, but Gomazou's evolution was great, and I enjoyed the parts of the episode which were focused around Kojirou flipping out over Manene. I can't remember the last time we've seen Nyasu and Musashi actually intimidated by him, and it was funny when they had to hold him back from assaulting Elekid. I also liked how he just stopped right in the middle of attacking Satoshi-tachi to do the little exchange with Haruka.

Gomazou's evolution was rather... random, but that's not to say that it wasn't sweet. I just hope he retains that happy personality of his. Hyper beam is just meh.

And on a final note, the animation on the falling trees was awful. Bleh. :x
    Last edited by Heracross; 4th December 2005 at 3:39 AM.
    ~

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast