Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reversing The Charges! (431)

the torrent for this episode sure took its sweet time getting up, and as usual, I avoided spoilers until it did.... it was so f***ing worth the wait. I wasn't spoiled on this, but Juptile contacted me on AIM. I stopped him before he said anything, but he already managed to imply that something important would happen, and something big that would be enough to get him excited. Given what the preview was centering around, I narrowed that possibility down to either the egg hatching, or less likely, something having to do with Manene (perhaps it shows off an attack and that it's not exactly useless in battle). All throughout the episode, I was anticipating something like that to happen, not even giving a second thought to Gomazou's presence. Pikachu and Elekid shocked Rocket Dan's mecha.... I knew something was off, because they didn't explode and say their usual "Yana kanji!", so the mech suddenly reviving was expected. Then Gomazou participated in the fight again, with the song Battle Frontier starting up. It got pushed back, screamed holding its trunk up in the air, and I thought it was about to charge up a Hidden Power. For a split second when it started to glow, I still thought of Hidden Power, but then I noticed that the glow was encasing its whole body..... holy crap, holy crap, holy crap..... ooooh god, evolution ^^. Aw yeah.... my heart was friggin racing when I saw that happen, and it continued racing even after the Mysterious Dungeon prize give-away announcement had ended (basically, when the file finished playing). I tell ya, really huge surprises like that don't come along very often in Pocket Monsters, and to receive the full effect as I did really is a great sensation.

This is so damn great, too. Satoshi's team is once again full of tough bada**es as it was in Houen (even Pikachu's bada** now that it knows Volt Tackle, even if it needs practice.... BTW, love your sig, Pokeballs). And as everyone else mentioned before, Satoshi finally got that Donphan he always wanted, and Gomazou joining the team is finally justified. The Battle Frontier continues to surprise me, too, because with the exception of Manene's seperation, this episode didn't look too interesting in the preview, and it was assumed that unless the egg hatched, this would be the first filler in the long stream of non-fillers.

[cough] You're probably all sick of hearing about the evolution, so unto the rest of the episode. I actually kinda liked the main plot to this one. When Satoshi thought back to when Pikachu was overloaded on electricity at the beginning of Houen, I thought "Yay! Continuity!" Speaking of continuity, they brought up the fact that Gomazou was hatched from an egg at the beginning, nice. The fact that a small Elekid was wailing on several Pokemon, including a large grass-type Nasshii, was justifiable (I hate tiny titans, probably more than Big Al does). Also, when it was suggested that Pikachu could absorb the lightning to fight back, there was a pretty nice tension in the air. Satoshi fearing for Pikachu's safety, then Pikachu willingly agreeing to it... kinda brings fond memories of the Crystal special, and that moment between Kenta and his Bakuphoon.

I agree that they could've done much more with Manene interacting with the main group. Its mimicry of Gomazou was still cute, though, and considering it evolved into Donphan, it was the only chance for the writers to do something like that. And that scene where Kojirou and Haruka put the battle on hold to make their switch.... hilarious XD. Donphan suddenly learning Hyper Beam bugged me as well.... aside from being an unnecessary ranged attack with Hidden Power already being there, this also disproves that theory I had. The one where the reason Gomazou had Hidden Power, Kabigon had Protect, and that damned turtle suddenly got Ice Beam was because Ookido was testing out move tutoring on the Pokemon at his lab without anyone's consent. Since Donphan just pulled a Kingler, I guess this means that theory's out, and the show has gone back to how attacks were being done the first time they were in Kantou: TM moves were just there, nothing spectacular, as if they could learn the moves naturally (although, this could just be a one-time fluke, like those Kinogassa that suddenly got Iron Tail). It sucks, really. I liked how all throughout Houen, they'd make things realistic and have Pokemon learn new moves through effort and training to use them properly. Ah well, given the surprise evolution and the decent quality of the filler material for this episode, mistakes like that could easily be forgiven right now.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

It's about time for that little fella to evolve, cause we get way too much cuteness. We don't know more baby Pokemon crap and stuff. It gets really annoying, considering that we have enough baby Pokemon around here. *CoughsSquirtyandManenecoughs* And Ash flashed his Pokedex out again on a Pokemon he already seen... What does he have? Short memory span or did he hit his head? But then again, they do need to point at Pokedexes out at Pokemon to get more records on views. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Yamato
    It's about time for that little fella to evolve, cause we get way too much cuteness. We don't know more baby Pokemon crap and stuff. It gets really annoying, considering that we have enough baby Pokemon around here. *CoughsSquirtyandManenecoughs* And Ash flashed his Pokedex out again on a Pokemon he already seen... What does he have? Short memory span or did he hit his head? But then again, they do need to point at Pokedexes out at Pokemon to get more records on views. -.-
    Wasn't it May who checked Elekid? It was her pokedex in the picture.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballs
    Ya, Donphan has a lot of moves o.o

Hmmm it having Hyper Beam does seem to make Hidden Power a bit unnecessary though...
    Unless it is a move in case Hyper Beam runs out of energy and Hidden Power draws out extra energy from within? Maybes?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Actually, I like Elekid on a tyraid.
    1. I love Eletric types. Especially ones with attitude problems.
    2. Elekid is actually little powerhouse (no pun intended) and he's packing serious guns.
    3. He was overchanged and as we saw with Pikachu, electric attacks are magnified.
    4. The Pokemon he was blasting through weren't exactly powerful or quick.

So that was done well.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I'm happy Phanpy evolved..it was long overdue..IMO anway..he should've evolved in the Johto saga.but oh well better late then never.
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

Well I just watched the ep and it was pretty good. I noticed when Pikachu took in that electricity they didn't put any flashing lights. I guess they wanted to be on the safe side. I enjoyed how Phanpy got thrown around. Donphan looks pretty cool. I never thought I'd say that since I really hated both Pokemon but now it's different. It was nice to see a flashback. Overall a pretty good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    I enjoyed how Phanpy got thrown around. Donphan looks pretty cool. I never thought I'd say that since I really hated both Pokemon but now it's different. It was nice to see a flashback. Overall a pretty good episode.
    I've had my opinions change on certain pokemon after they've appeared in the anime before too... sometimes for better and sometimes for worse.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Crash CSIQ Guest

wait sice phanphy never went in his pokeball would it mean that donphan would walk around with ash and his gang like pickachu.......................................... .well theres no problem with it...its just that donphan is kinda big

What in the world are you talking about? Phanpy/Donphan always had a Pokeball, it was just out of it all throughout the episode and when we see it again Ash will most likely send it out of its ball.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Blaziken master Guest

Yay Donphan!Its voice is so cool.manene was cute as ever imitating phanpy lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Wasn't it May who checked Elekid? It was her pokedex in the picture.
    No, I was talking about the one with Ash flashing his Pokedex on his new Donphan.

Kai Yamato, I don't know where you're getting this "Satoshi scanned his new Donfan" idea-I have the episode, and it was definitely Haruka.

Anyways, this episode made me appreciate Gomazou, finally-just in time to see it evolve. I didn't really think much of it before, but I really appreciated how cute it was. And Manene should have had more imitations in this episode-I love that little guy to death.

I'm extremely thankful the writers had enough sense to give Takeshi a bigger part in this episode, making this one of my favorite BF episodes. In fact, the only thing I didn't like about this episode was Donfan, surprisingly-this means it'll be taking the little airtime that could be given to Juptile or Heigani, and it pushes back any hopes for Juptile's evolution at this moment. Ahh, well, it was still an extremely good episode.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Phanpy's evolution wasn't totally spontaneous. It was out and about for most of the episode which should've been a clue that it was going to do something special.

oh yea idk if this was stated already, but it's mentioned in the episode that they're headed to the Battle Pike next. I know everyone figured it out from the opening but... it's like official now!

Twas a good ep

I love Donphan so I loved seeing Phanpy evolve, Donphan has always been one of my faves, I have a shiny on emerald.

James and Manene was touching, and Donphan pwned

next ep looks good
    7/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Is it just me, or does Manene look great with May, cause I could kind of see her getting a Manene for some reason. Not from her egg, but the same way James got his.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew
    Phanpy's evolution wasn't totally spontaneous. It was out and about for most of the episode which should've been a clue that it was going to do something special.
    That and the simple fact that it was easily brushed away twice by TR's mecha.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

For some reason, I really liked when James and May traded eggs and Manene...
    Not to mention the ever-so-awsome Elekid, with his constant screams of 'Bibibi!'
    I liked Manene miming Phanpy, as well. The two look cute together.
    I'm actually a bit disapointed with Phanpy's evolution, I like the little guy better, and I think he evolved too soon. Donphan's voice sounded a bit weird and dinky, also.

Overall, excelent episode.
    10/10

It wasn't too soon for Phanpy to evolve.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo
    It wasn't too soon for Phanpy to evolve.
    In my opinion, it was. Note the 'I think'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Deity
    In my opinion, it was. Note the 'I think'.
    What ever.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Sceptile Warrior Guest

People keep saying that Donphan had learned hidden power but i looked in the episode pictures for this episode and i did not see anything. Can someone please tell me when and where this move was learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Warrior
    People keep saying that Donphan had learned hidden power but i looked in the episode pictures for this episode and i did not see anything. Can someone please tell me when and where this move was learned.
    It was in the Onix episode, protects May's Squirtle from an Onix using it's Hidden Power.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Just saw this in the US. This episode was pretty cool. It was kinda nice to see Max defend his sister from Elekid's Thunderbolt. It was kinda funny to see James' reaction when Jessie and Meowth said Mime Jr may not make it. It was nice with that trade-off with James and May. Poor Phanpy getting punched around my TR's mecha. It was awesome to see him evolve AND use Hyper Beam.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast