Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The Wings of Seraphim ~ Legendary Tournament (Recorded History)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua - Shadow Brigadier
    *clear throat*

Before things get underway, I have a small announcement to make. Due to a small technicality, Becki is unable to compete in any more matches, which automatically makes thed3 our third place winner for the Wings of Seraphim!

Thed, as your prize, I present to you this, The Sphere of Seraphim, a legendary Pokeball which has the same catch-rate as a normal Pokeball (it just looks cool). [Thanks to Arnie for the awesome sprite]:

You'll need to post and pick it up, though.
    Thank you Joshua for holding this tournament and letting me and Magneto be a part of it. I am now picking up the Sphere of Seraphim as proof that I came in third place, but more importantly that I actually got to be in such a tournament. *And thanks Arn for the cool sprite!*

Good luck Arc luv and Latias10!!! Also good luck to Lucius and Ledy!!!

Here we go then Lucius luv:

Lucius - Lv. 53, male, Banette
    Type: Ghost
    Birthday: 12th April 05 (Age - 1 Year 3 Months)
    Classification: Marionette Pokemon
    Ability: Insomnia
    Nature: Quirky
    Beauty points: None
    Obtained: In a trade with Trick-or-Treater (23/05/05)
    Currently: Active Team
    Held Item: Spell Tag

Bio: Stacey had known Lucius for a long time before he became her pokemon. He once belonged to Trick and bore the name Pierre. Trick didn't have room for him on his team any more and Stacey knew that she could not bear to see Pierre go to another trainer and so took him into her team, renaming him Lucius. He has fitted in well within the group and gets on very well with Cadaver - getting more words out of him than anyone else ever. He enjoys being in Stacey's presence having feelings for her since he first saw her. These feelings have since moved onto another Shuppet but he cares for his trainer deeply. He is a mischievous little pokemon always causing trouble, and having fun whilst doing it. He has a Quirky nature and it shows. He enjoys fire and is always playing near it, he like to eat chocolate icecream and is drawn to the moon, enjoying being out at night rather than day. A darker nature lurks beneath Lucius's surface that comes forth more often now than ever. He enjoys causing havoc and stealing is a new hobby of his. Dark and frightening places appeal to him and he can have a good time no matter what is occurin around hm.

Evolution: Shuppet -- Lv. 37 --> Bannette (17/04/06)

Level-Up Moves: Knock off, Screech, Night Shade, Curse, Spite, Will-o-Wisp, Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Lv. 55 Snatch, Lv. 64 Grudge
    Egg Moves: Disable, Astonish
    Move Tutor Moves: Thunder Wave, Icy Wind,
    TM's/HM's: HM Flash, TM Water Pulse, TM Hidden Power (Fire)

Good Luck to you Latias10 *shakes hands*

Pokemon: Ledian (Ledy) Male level 35
    Type: Bug/Flying
    Moves: Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch, Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard, Baton Pass, Swift, Agility, Double-Edge
    Egg Moves: Psybeam, Silver Wind
    Move Tutor Moves: Ice Punch, Thunder Punch
    HM Moves: Flash
    TM: HP Ground

Good luck to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arc_Angel
    Stacey moved out onto the arena floor, marvelling at the size of the courtroom. She felt her stomach flip, nerves eating at her from the inside before a calm wave washed over her, one that came from the pokemon that had got her this far. She smiled as she looked down at his pokeball in her hand.

"This is it Lucius, we've gave them hell and a great show, now lets end this with a bang," she whispered , felling his ball vibrate as he gave his agreement.

Looking up her eyes meeting Latias10 she smiled at her opponant briefly before throwing her pokeball up into the air. With a bang and a flash of light a shape emerged floating in mid-air. The Banette stretched and hissed to himself, ready to pummel his opponant.

Round 1 Orders:
    "Lucius, you've made me proud through out all of this. It doesn;'t matter what happens as long as you give it your all. Close your eyes and release a nice long Screech to throw off your opponant then send out a Will-O-Wisp to hopefully burn it and finally, for now, attack with Faint Attack."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zami
    "Ledy start off simple with a Flash and the release a Supersonic attack at the ghost. Then fire a Psybeam at him."
    Today’s court is now in session, with the Honourable Judge Joshua presiding. Today’s match will see Stacey and Lucius face off against Catherine and Ledy, but with some slight alterations to a traditional battle.

Court will bear witness to five rounds of fierce battling between both sides, and if neither side achieves victory within those seven rounds, the victor of this round will be decided by jury, 12 RNG rolls to decide the victor. So, ladies, fight hard for this match, lest your victory be only determined by the luck of the dice!

Lucius and Ledy take the field, both Pokemon ready to rumble. Both combatants make their opening move, Ledy shining a bright Flash through the courtroom. Lucius, however, has closed his eyes, his mouth open in a horrible Screech. Ledy flails around in the air, the noise really screwing with his mind and hearing.

Ledy shakes his head to try and regain his composure, before Lucius presses home on his advantage, launching a sparkling violet flame at Ledy, the Will-O-Wisp striking hard on the insect’s chest, leaving Ledy burnt, but fully aware of the battle. A devastating Supersonic rattles through the courtroom, bouncing off the walls and messing with Lucius’ mind, confusing him.

The ghost begins to fly around wildly, his mind presenting him with hallucinations of floating chocolates, and he zips through the air, starved for sugary sweets. Ledy aims at the flailing spirit, firing a powerful Psybeam at Lucius. The poor confused ghost takes a direct hit to the head, snapping him almost completely from his original confusion, the Psybeam leaving some nasty after-effects. And while Lucius may be slightly bamboozled a bit, he still remembers his trainer’s order, fading from sight to strike Ledy in the chest with a Faint Attack.

Lucius probably has a slight upper hand now, his health slightly higher than Ledy’s. He has used slightly more energy than Ledy at the moment, and in his current state, there is a 15% chance he will not hear one of his commands for the next round.

Ledy has taken slightly more damage than Lucius, but has slightly more energy. This could change, however, with the burn on his chest, which will drain about the same energy as a full powered Flash from him next round.

There is roughly six feet between the two Pokemon, which hover roughly twenty feet in front of the jury box at the moment. With four rounds of battle left to go, who will achieve victory?
    Last edited by Joshua - Shadow Brigadier; 8th September 2006 at 2:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat
    "Ledy use your Agility to get to Lucius quickly and then punch him with a Thunder Punch the hit him with a close range Psybeam."

Zami
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    Round 2 Orders:
    "Lucius, execute these attacks right and you'll get a nice treat when the match ends, and you know what I'm talking about," Stacey said with a wink as a little encouragement to her pokemon. "Hold Ledian fast with your Disable and fire off a Water Pulse at the immobile buggy to get him really wet. Then approach him in a zigzag pattern just to get close enough to attack, avoiding any attacks thrown at you if you can and breath a nice Icy Wind at him to really cool him off."
    Lucius begins to search for Ledy, ready to Disable him, but the ladybird Pokemon has already zipped away with Agility, appearing beside the phantom to strike with a shocking Thunderpunch to Lucius’ face!

The electricity charges through Lucius’ system, throwing off his concentration, before Ledy lets loose a close range Psybeam, blasting the ghost for good damage, and confusing him even more. Lucius forgets about his Water Pulse, but remembers something about cooling off, firing an Icy Wind around him, hitting Ledy for some damage.

The upper hand in this match has drifted to Ledy, the insect Pokemon only taking some damage this round, though his energy has dropped to slightly above average.

Lucius took some major damage this round, his health now only just above average. He used very little energy though, his energy levels still above average.

Three rounds to go, ladies. PM away!

Round 3 Attack Orders:

"Lucius, lets bring this battle back in our favour and clip that Ledian's wings. Use your Snatch to steal us something good then fire off a Thunder Wave to slow it down. Finish off with a well placed Shadow Ball."
    "Ledy your doing great, start this round off with Silver Wind and then itmeaditly launch a Psybeam at the ghost. Then if any atacks come your way dodge with a quick burst of Agility,"
    It begins as a question of speed versus shadows at the start of this round, Ledy rippling the air with a burst of Silver Wind, while Lucius’ eyes shine with a dark radiance, the Snatch in place for this round. However, this leaves him open for the Silver Wind, whacking him around a bit of damage.

Ledy follows through with a Psybeam, ripping through Lucius, but snapping him completely free of his confusion. He cackles menacingly as tendrils of electricity spring from his fingertips, slowly curling around Ledy. Ledy trips to zip away with Agility, but the overpowering effect of Snatch takes the boost, speeding up Lucius’ Thunder Wave so that it binds Ledy, the ladybug’s wings freezing up, crumpling to the floor.

Rising back to his feet, Ledy tries to dive out of the way of the oncoming Shadow Ball, but his paralysed wings cause him to stumble, the Shadow Ball exploding on the floor just behind him, its ghostly winds ripping into the ladybug.

Both combatants refuse to give up, fighting as fiercely as they can. Lucius has taken quite some damage this round, his health resting just below average. His energy levels, however, have dropped, resting relatively comfortably on the average mark.

Ledy is smarting this round, a fall from 15 feet in the air taking a toll on his health, his health resting almost even with Lucius’. His energy, however, is slightly lower than Lucius’, the burn still sapping away at his strength.

Two rounds left, ladies. I’m expecting some awe-inspiring moves from you, so don’t disappoint!

Round 4 Orders:

"Now Lucius, lets show them the true nature of a ghost, lets be sneaky. Release a bright Flash to blind Ledian then, quietly strike from behind with Astonish and quickly zip away for a Faint Arrack from another angle. Keep it guessing. Once done float off silently to the shadows of the room."
    "Ledy stick to ground because of your wings. Also wait until the ghost is close enough to hit with a Psybeam, then fire away one away. Also once the first one hit him shoot another at him before he can react. If any attacks come your way dodge it with a quick burst of Agility but keep low to the ground."
    Ledy’s eyes watch the ghost with renewed vigour, a devastating mistake it seems, as Lucius lets loose a light display, his Flash burning into Ledy’s retinas. Stumbling around blindly, Ledy can only take the punishment as Lucius zips into her back with Astonish, knocking him onto his stomach.

With hopeful intentions, Ledy zips off with Agility, Lucius’ Faint Attack missing only by a small margin, and Ledy and Lucius slink off into their separate corners.

Ledy came out hurt this round, but the Flash isn’t permanent, his eyesight now restored enough to be able to make out moving shapes. He took only slight damage this round, his health now equal with Lucius. His energy, however, has dropped to just below average from the burn.

Lucius took no damage this round, but his energy reserves took a bit of a beating, resting below average.

Last round ladies, so give it your all!
    Last edited by Joshua - Shadow Brigadier; 14th September 2006 at 12:33 PM.

My apologies on the delay, this has been ready for a bit.

My turn for sentiments. Stacey, Catherine, I’d like to thank the two of you from the bottom of my heart. The two of you have stuck with me through this entire mini-campaign, regardless of how slow I’ve been, or how it may have turned out. If transfers were legal, I’d be giving you both a Candy for such valiance. Now, good luck to you both, and let’s rock and roll!

Round 5 Orders:

"Lucius, its been a wonderful experience, I just wanted you to know that. No matter what happens now I am so proud of you. You've grown so much. Okay enough sentiments, lets end this."

"Stick to the shadows of the room silently change positions and strike Ledian with a Nightshade then quickly and silently move again remaining in the shadows and release a Screech to disorientate the bug and moving in another direction end it all with Hidden Power (Fire)."
    "Ledy start off this round with a Flash and then fly up to the ghost and hit it with a Thunder Punch then an Ice Punch. Also if you know your energy levels are getting extremely low then don't attack other wise give it your all."
    Lucius silently sneaks through the shadows, but Ledy seems unhappy with this concept, a brilliant Flash erupting from the Ledian to illuminate the courthouse, and partially blinding Lucius (he wasn’t facing Ledy, so only his right eye is blind.)

Testing his wings, Ledy rises gently from the floor, as Lucius turns, the shadows almost gone, so he decides there’s no point in hiding, and blasts Ledy with his Night Shade, knocking him back down to the floor. A devastating Screech follows, Ledy sitting on the floor, his head in his hands.

A malicious smirk comes across Lucius’ face as a blast of red energy ripples through the air, his Hidden Power blasting into Ledy for some major damage. But, even with his health almost depleted, Ledy rises back into the air, zipping at the ghost to smash into him with a Thunder Punch!

The lighting crackles through Lucius, causing him some major pain, and he finds himself struck hard again by Ledy’s Ice Punch, his zipper mouth freezing over. And as both Pokemon hover in the air, their health almost depleted, the burn finally zaps the last of Ledy’s energy, the insect Pokemon falling to the floor with a thud.

Ledy is no longer able to battle! Stacey and Lucius are the victor, and the grand champions of the Wings of Seraphim!

And with that final, breath-taking round, the Wings of Seraphim has been decided! Though glorious battles and heart-pounding challenges, these two trainers have fought their way to the top, and one has emerged victorious!

Catherine, you and Ledy fought hard in each of your battles, and I commend your valiant efforts in each match. To you, I present the second prize of the Wings of Seraphim, a TM Aerial Ace.

Stacey, congratulations. You and Lucius fought hard and strong to get to the top, and you deserve the victory you have acquired. And as your reward for such valiance and skill, I present you with the ultimate prize, a Taillow. This Taillow (Level 5), you may choose the gender. But now for the ultimate surprise...

It's Shiny (sprite will be edited into post soon). I present you with a Shiny Taillow as your prize, and thank you to everyone who competed in the Wings of Seraphim. Who knows, you might see it back one day...
    Last edited by Joshua - Shadow Brigadier; 21st September 2006 at 6:12 AM.

*Huggles Lucius* Thankya Joshua ^-^
    It was a tough battle Latios10, thanx.
    I'm picking up my cute little shiny Taillow, Lv. 5 Female if I may. I have a good home line up for you.

Yes it was a good match.

I shall pick up my TM Aerial Ace and teach it to my Ledian.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112