Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***READ: What you can't post here :READ***

Default ***READ: What you can't post here :READ***

If random people can come and post stuff at it, you can't link to it here.

Okay?

Now, if THAT isn't the very epitome of simple, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by Dragonfree; 4th December 2005 at 3:36 AM.

Chapter 63: Recovery
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

so...what's the purpose of this thread???

She means advertising forums.If you can post at the link the thread starter linked to then it's a forum(or other non website things).And forum links aren't allowed here.
    Last edited by ArteMagica; 4th December 2005 at 4:26 AM.
    ~freelymew
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II View Post
    Let me get this straight - you want to kill yourself because your favorite anime got new voice actors.
    Is there anywhere that I can go to secede from the planet?
    Come visit Imaginario Disfraz--my art website

The purpose of this thread is to try to make it clear for even the most dim-witted members that they can not link to their forums, RPGs or whatever here.

The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Are you allowed to advertise on your sig? Just need to check again. It was fine at the signature check I just need to know

It's fine in sigs, just not posting it in here.

Morphic

I'm just curious, but why can't we post forums? Just wondering.
    Banner over 46800 pixels and your signature was out of date (not against the rules), so the entire sig was fed to hungry Eevees. Read the signature rules.

All I'm going to say is this is a forum, and it is not general practice to put links to other forums on your forum anyway (in most cases)

It would be like nintendo putting ads for sony playstations on the gamecube, you just don't do it.
    Creator of NW's Pokémon Program Suite, An Offline Pokémon Information tool.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwolfAA2k5
    All I'm going to say is this is a forum, and it is not general practice to put links to other forums on your forum anyway (in most cases)

It would be like nintendo putting ads for sony playstations on the gamecube, you just don't do it.
    Yea, thats how it usually works....
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

As well as not promoting other forums on a forum (except in sigs) being a standard rule, anyone can take a stroll down to invisionfree.net and create a forum in a fraction of a second.

It takes more effort to make a site, for one thing. And people randmoly chatting isn't really useful information that people want...
    Last edited by Magma Leader Maxie; 23rd June 2006 at 6:16 PM.

[PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Leader Maxie
    As well as not promoting other forums on a forum (except in sigs) being a standard rule, anyone can take a stroll down to invisionfree.net and create a forum in a fraction of a second.

It takes more effort to make a site, for one thing. And people randmoly chatting isn't really useful information that people want...
    A succesful forum is also alot of work, don't dismiss it like that.

1. Finding a skin/making one
    2.Pips
    3.Macros
    4.Topbanner
    5.Modifications
    6.Advertizing.

It's not allowed not because forums are easy to make, but because they might remove members from this very forum.
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

There is only one purpose in linking to a forum here: advertising to get more members.

Meanwhile, when you link to a website here, you can receive comments and criticism, people can point out bugs, etc. It has a point. People with real websites would have a very hard time if all their threads were drowned in blatant forum advertisements.

It's very difficult to "criticize" a forum. Yeah, you can criticize the forum banner, but then just go to Fan Art and have it criticized there. Because the content of the forum is not created by you - it's created by every registered member - you can't just go "Oh, fix this member's spelling" or "This member is wrong when he says this".

Morphic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfree
    There is only one purpose in linking to a forum here: advertising to get more members.

Meanwhile, when you link to a website here, you can receive comments and criticism, people can point out bugs, etc. It has a point. People with real websites would have a very hard time if all their threads were drowned in blatant forum advertisements.

It's very difficult to "criticize" a forum. Yeah, you can criticize the forum banner, but then just go to Fan Art and have it criticized there. Because the content of the forum is not created by you - it's created by every registered member - you can't just go "Oh, fix this member's spelling" or "This member is wrong when he says this".
    That was perfect. But no one is giving comments to my site...
    It's my site, fear it.

Less than %.001 of all people on Serebii are named AgentChronon. If you are one of that %.001 percent, copy and paste this into your sig (started by AgentChronon)

Buoysel= awesome. It will always be that way. Forever. If you think you are a bigger Buoysel fan than me, PM me and I will correct you.

I'm sounding really n00bish saying this but are we allowed to post sites that link to a forum somewhere in the site?
    Banner over 46800 pixels and your signature was out of date (not against the rules), so the entire sig was fed to hungry Eevees. Read the signature rules.

Yes we are, as long as we do not link a forum.

Actually, you're not allowed to link to a site with a forum if the forum is pretty mcuh the only content on the site.
    nostalgia

So this is basically outruling Guestbooks, Wikis, Oekakis, Forums, and RPGs.

I see.
    It's my site, fear it.

Less than %.001 of all people on Serebii are named AgentChronon. If you are one of that %.001 percent, copy and paste this into your sig (started by AgentChronon)

Buoysel= awesome. It will always be that way. Forever. If you think you are a bigger Buoysel fan than me, PM me and I will correct you.

What about refferel sites?

Like, www.url.comu=namehere

bassically a free site thats based on points, if i get people to sign up under me i get points.

The site also has a forum but the main purpose of the site is to get points and prizes.

The way to get points is to do polls, read news articles, do trivia, invite other members, etc.

Can we make threads to ask for stuff for forums like pips or skins and stuff like that or is that against the rules to?

I THINK you can ask but you cant advertise.
    It's my site, fear it.

What if you actually CREATED the forum code and not just used a pre-made template to set it up?

Then it would make sense since you can show/get help for the mechanisms you used in its design... =/
    ----------------------------------------------- My Signature ----------------------------------------------
    (^o^) Under Construction (O.o)
    --------------------------------------------- End of Signature --------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NightWalker View Post
    What if you actually CREATED the forum code and not just used a pre-made template to set it up?

Then it would make sense since you can show/get help for the mechanisms you used in its design... =/
    That's very rare indeed. I suppose that would be an exception... Dragon/Butterfree's the boss though.
    It's my site, fear it.

There is no exception.
    You can't advertsie forums here, no matter how much work you've put in them.

Poké International Forums is always looking for new people
    My PM box is full (and I won't empty it anytime soon) so if you have something you want to tell me you can email me here or PM me
    there

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Headache View Post
    There is no exception.
    You can't advertsie forums here, no matter how much work you've put in them.
    I'm not talking about something like: "hey this is my forum come visit it and join in" more like "Hey I'm DEVELOPING a forum TOOL from scratch, check it out" that's way different than grabbing vbulleting or any other of the 1000's of forum tools out there and SET UP a forum.

Anyone with a limited knowledge about software can set up a forum using one of these tools, create the actual tool is a different story...

Rather than advertising the content of a forum that case is more like showing a forum tool you created, the same thing as showing a web page IMHO.
    ----------------------------------------------- My Signature ----------------------------------------------
    (^o^) Under Construction (O.o)
    --------------------------------------------- End of Signature --------------------------------------------

I have to agree with you, NightWalker.
    It's my site, fear it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast