Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Green Guardian! (432)

this episode looks like a regular filler, exept for celebi XD
    [IMG]http://i15.*******.com/2qlg3v8.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Also did anyone notice that it seemed that Brock showed a genuine interest with the ranger stuff. Like how Hinata would show him the little capture stylus/ walkie talkie when doing things. Although this could be Brock just showing interest in anything that random filler person does as a job.
    I'd say it's just Brock's general interest... what would actually surprise me is if Brock actually showed some interest into the area of pokemon breeding.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

After looking at screenshots, I have come to this conclusion.

The animators spent a lot of time fiddling with Hinata's shorts to keep them from being too short, but giving quite a bit of fanservice at the same time. >_>;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Default BF Episode 432 - Pokémon Ranger Appears! Celebi Rescue Operation!

I have seen this Celebi episode. I was good to see Celebi in this Kanto episode.
    On the path however, Pikachu senses something weird, and runs off into the forest. Ash & the gang give chase, but however they lost Pikachu & is then blocked by Hinata, the Pokemon Ranger, with her Plusle. Ash explains that he's trying to find his Pikachu, and then Hinata reports in, as her Capture Styler doubles as a cell phone apparently. Hinata allows the group to join her as well they make their way towards the vines. Already at the vines is Pikachu. As he goes through the vines, he runs past Team Rocket, who are stuck among the outgrowth.
    But actually when Team Rocket's new robot almost explodes from Hinata's Plusle's thunderbolt attack, they haven't blast off yet, they want to take Celebi & Pikachu to the boss but Ash and the others said that there is no way to steal Pokemon. They refuse & settle this with a Pokemon battle as usual. Jessie & James send out Seviper & Cacnea. Brock sends out Marshtomp to join the battle as well as Ash sends in Pikachu to battle too. Jessie orders Seviper use Poison Tail & James orders Cacnea use Pin Missile but Pikachu jumps on Marshtomp's head & they dodge Seviper and Cacnea's attacks, Brock orders Marshtomp to use Mud Shot(I am not sure is Muddy Water)at Seviper first then Ash orders Pikachu to use Thunderbolt at Seviper then Iron Tail at Cacnea. Ash's Pikachu finishes Team Rocket & their Pokemons off with a Volt Tackle. And this episode ends Ash, Pikachu & the gang riding with their bikes at Cycling Road and towards Fuschia City.
    Last edited by ~Flareon~; 2nd February 2006 at 11:58 AM.

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

$10 says the Hinata's shorts will become jeans when this epi reaches the US of A ._.

This episode looked good for a lot of people, but apparently it was awful(and too short). From what I read from the various reviews, it seems like a blatant rip-off of the 4th movie(I'm regurgitating information here >_>).

Some questions: Did Ash or Brock make any reference to the 4th movie Celebi? And is this episode considered a filler, or is it important because of the Ranger?

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

when is it being shown in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by stu770
    when 4kids dub it, sell the tape to a UK tv channel and they decide to air it

in otherwords, FLIPPIN AGES

we are still waiting for catch snorunt which is in late hoenn!

anyway:
    good ep, loved to see celebi, Joe needs to do a character bio of Hinata (or whatever her name was) even including pokemon she used, including Linoone, Diglett and Dugtrio and the one she owns, Plusle

her thing did look alot like a bayblade though, and she is pretty damn fit (not meaning looks but she is fit in that way as well) how many characters have you seen jump from tree to tree like that?

9/10
    Last edited by Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior; 11th December 2005 at 3:20 PM.
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Why not? They obviously didn't sense any danger from it, they just didn't know what it was. And the gadget is probably designed so that Pokemon won't think it's dangerous or whatever...which it isn't. And we don't know much about this thing yet either, it's entirely possible that, just like a Pokeball, it isn't always 100% effective.
    We've seen pokémon that have been afraid of the mere sight of a human entering their domain. So logically, when a group of 4 unknown humans come along into their vast forest territory and start firing energy producing projectiles at them, they should at the very least be somewhat cautious about it. But they just sit there, totally dumbfounded by the whole thing?
    Even later in the episode we see Pikachu getting irrate because an unknown woman suddenly pops up from nowhere. And even though it was protecting Celebi its still the same principal.

Its not a big deal or anything, but the way they went about it just seemed so awkward. And if its intended to foreshadow how this mechanic is going to work in the game, then I can't say I'm fond of the idea :/

Quote Originally Posted by stu770
    Episodes air in the UK/US roughly a year after airing in Japan.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I decided to watch the episode again and I saw something I missed the first time. Right after Dugtrio and Diglett make the hole and everyone jumps in, it was funny to hear Brock hurt himself when he landed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hinata says "Let'er rip" when using that controller thingy of hers when this is dubbed...

Oh gosh...I hope not. I must say, Volt Tackle looks great animated. Is the same person doing Pikachu's and Manane's voices?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    We've seen pokémon that have been afraid of the mere sight of a human entering their domain. So logically, when a group of 4 unknown humans come along into their vast forest territory and start firing energy producing projectiles at them, they should at the very least be somewhat cautious about it. But they just sit there, totally dumbfounded by the whole thing?
    Well it was a detour road used on a regular basis by travellers. Perhaps like real world national parks and such the Pokemon have become largely used to people and mostly go about their own activities regardless of human presence.

Was it explained how the Capture Styler worked? I mean from what I read here about it being able to tell what attacks a Pokemon knew, it was more a way to know what Pokemon to ask for help than to directly control them. Perhaps it improves communication between human and Pokemon and thus the Pokemon is willing to help out? I just don't see the characters all reacting well if it was direct temporary mind control. They've always shown that as morally wrong in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Oh gosh...I hope not. I must say, Volt Tackle looks great animated. Is the same person doing Pikachu's and Manane's voices?
    Now that you mention it.... a quick look-up on Pokeani shows that they are indeed voiced by the same person, Ootani Ikue.

Anyway, I kinda liked that music that played when Hinata used the capture stylus on those Pokemon. I haven't heard it before, so I'm wondering if it'll be a piece in the game. And Gravy, don't get too discouraged. The game's likely gonna start out with calm, docile Pokemon that are easy to catch like in this episode, and as the areas progress, the Pokemon will be harder to deal with.

And, if I may go on a small "underused Pokemon" rant here... dammit, a Cocoon appeared right there, taunting me that it's nothing but background material again. If you want shafted Pokemon, there you go. One of the original 151, and the most it ever got was a very, very brief scene in the fourth episode before evolving into Spear. I really like cocoon Pokemon, personally.... it's interesting to see how something that should be immobile in real life manage to hop around and kick a** if trained properly (props to Tsukushi for doing just that with a Trancel). I also enjoy the aspect of a somewhat oxymoronical irony in seeing weak Pokemon that are well-trained... cocoons, worms, Koiking, Himanuts, etc. Recently, I've been emulating that Mysterius Dungeon game, and I couldn't help but play as a Cocoon for just a little while after I gained the ability to evolve. You should see that thing hop around town ^^.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 14th December 2005 at 4:46 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Anyway, I kinda liked that music that played when Hinata used the capture stylus on those Pokemon. I haven't heard it before, so I'm wondering if it'll be a piece in the game.
    I don't know where else you might have heard that music, but I know I recognize it as the Battle Tower theme in Movie Seven, although that may have been re-used from something else...
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

These probably weren't all caught in Serebii's screenshots...here's Pikachu making faces at the weakened Celebi to cheer it up:

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The episode wasn't that bad, but it could have been more.

I want to see future Rangers, I think they're pretty cool.

Well it wasn't exactly a filler, it had Celebi and the first appearence of a Ranger.

And the next ep aint a filler because a certain trainer catches a certain Pokemon.

Then the next is when May travels through time, which should be fun.
    Last edited by skarmachild; 16th December 2005 at 12:03 AM.

End of post.

that episode was good i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Where to start? ...I can't say I'm very impressed by this whole ranger business. Funny how there just happened to be pokémon randomly loitering about for her to use, eh? It would have been funny if none were available and they had to waste time looking around the forest for some.
    The right ones just seemed to appear didn't they? A Caterpie would have been really helpful if it had appeared...

I don't like the Rangers, and think Celebi's appearance was severely abused in this episode. I just felt everything seemed to resolve itself far too quickly. Not impressed really.

Do the Robot!

for some reason, this might be the promo episode of the Pokemon Ranger game in the US this October. I havent watched this special and was hoping it will air sometime in October
    "You think Life is that Easy? Think Again"

©2000-2009 club 「ECGR」, Chris Claveria.
    www.clubecgr.deviantart.com and www.friendster.com/destinycall

It's quite impressive to see what a Pokemon Ranger like Hinata does with Pokemon.

Been looking forward to seeing this one.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Salana.....

-Judai

The music during the Linoone scene was AMAZING.

Is that from Ranger?

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki View Post
    Salana.....

-Judai
    How the hell did the come up with that out of "Hinata"?

My beloved Hinata was boring as hell in this episode. The music was good but there were more out of character dialouge or just plain stupidity.

May: What's time travel?

-_-

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast