Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Green Guardian! (432)

XD May's stupid. And so is Manene but both for good reasons.

-Judai

This episode was great. It was cool to see Celebi in the anime. Salona (I think that was her name) is a bad name. I liked the name Hinata better. The capture styler was kinda weird. It was nice of Pikachu to help Celebi. Celebi and Solana were awesome.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki View Post
    XD May's stupid. And so is Manene but both for good reasons.

-Judai
    O.O Mime Jr.'s awesome.

But I gotta agree with May's question being stupid. What 10/11-year-old girl doesn't know what time travel is? :P

I think the only good things of this episode were Celebi and Pikachu. And Seviper.....I guess.

it was really good i liked when The ranger (dont know her name) was like Blah blah im catching linoone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    O.O Mime Jr.'s awesome.

But I gotta agree with May's question being stupid. What 10/11-year-old girl doesn't know what time travel is? :P
    Manene pulled Cacnea off of it.

-Judai

So is Salona the same name she has in the games?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So is Salona the same name she has in the games?
    I guess so. "Salona" does sound like one of those preprogrammed names you can give your character whenever you start a new Pokemon game.

Overall, I liked the episode. It was cool to see something from the games (The Cycling Road), it was cute to watch Pikachu take care of Celebi, Salona had a good voice, and PUSA thought nothing about her spandex shorts.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

Beyblade meets Pokemon.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Hinata sounded like a frickin' guy! 0_o *cries*

And PUSA doesn't seem to be making dub names similar to the Japanese ones like 4Kids did, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got something other than the bland-sounding Sarah for Saori. Besides, Salona (sp?) is a pretty hawt-sounding name, though Heather would have been the clincher. *hopes they give it to Saori*

I'm very happy they kept the Ranger music from the Japanese version. Otherwise, I still think this should have been a two-parter linked to the May time-travel episode. I still think it feels nothing more than a regular filler with Celebi being treated just like a typical Pokemon. And I still think Hinata's hawt because she's a heartless b**** who uses mind-control on random Pokemon, even with her obscurely deep voice.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 7th October 2006 at 6:11 PM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

May:whats time travel?
    ughh, what a stupid question, at least Ash didnt say something like "Celebii, I wonder what kind of pokemon that is(Than checks it in his pokedex)" if he did that i would have punched my television screen.

So finally, after hearing so much about the Rangers of the "Pokemon Ranger" games, Hinata finally appears in the dub as "Celana." At least it wasn't some lame-butt name like "Harriet."

[Goes into Dogasu-mode]

I really think that the dub did the original justice. No silly jokes or anything, and they kept everything intact. Seeing Hinata in action really sparked my interest in the Ranger game coming out this Halloween. Although it really changes the way Pokemon is played(all Pokemon stay wild except for your partner Minun or Plusle, and you have to trap the Pokemon in a circle to borrow it from the wild), the anime made this seem effortless.

I'm surprised Max and Brock knew so much about this organization of pseudo-trainers, considering that they haven't seen anything about them before. Max knew what the code of the Ranger was, and Brock mentioned that Rangers only borrow Pokemon from the wild, not truly put them in a Pokeball like trainers do.

I know that the next time we see this woman, it won't be until after the game comes out, but before I spend money in it(in hopes of getting Manafi for Diamond and Pearl when they come out in the States this Spring), I want to see if the anime can do more to convince me that Pokemon Ranger is a worthy investment of 35 bucks.

And Celebi was the star. That's my favorite legendary Pokemon.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

I'm watching this ep when it re-airs tomorrow with closed captions so we know exactly how Hinata's dub name is officially spelled.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Well, this episode is now on YouTube, so im watching it for a second time. Solana has a strange personnality change. Though i am starting to feel that now officially, Lugia is the only Pokemon in the Anime to receive a movie reference. The fact that Ash didnt look it up helped to support that he had seen one before, but, i need verbal proof(i guess this qualifies). Also, how is it that Max seems to know an awful lot about Pokemon Rangers. The neatest thing is that they called the device a "styler" just like in the game. Twas funny how only Ash and May go "youre kidding" to the fact that she's a pokemon ranger.

After having seen this episode, i might consider getting this game. And ill admit, Pokemon meets Beyblade. I like how, even though the show is technically based of the GBA games, they were able to make references to the game mechanics of other games. Shows that they arent entirely clueless(not sure what that is supposed to mean...)

Otherwise a very nice episode.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    After having seen this episode, i might consider getting this game. And ill admit, Pokemon meets Beyblade. I like how, even though the show is technically based of the GBA games, they were able to make references to the game mechanics of other games. Shows that they arent entirely clueless(not sure what that is supposed to mean...)
    While watching the episode, I got the impression that the script writers stopped and did research on the Ranger game so the English script would sound like a brief intro into the upcoming game.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Hinata sounded like a frickin' guy! 0_o *cries*
    Yeah, she kinda did (in some way). But not as bad as Officer Jenny. She sounded like the Jenny in The Ribbon Cup Caper and that Jenny sounded like a dude.

Anyways, so Hinata is Salona...not a name I would have gone with, but I guess I'll learn to say it...Or maybe I'll just keep on using Hinata. Anyways, this episode was okay. I do enjoy Celebi, such a cuttie! And of course, I had to say this, seeing Team Rocket in those huge thorns, it so reminded me of "Honey, I shrunk the Kids" Come on, who else thinks so?

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

why did brock say "Marshtomp, I choose you??

isn't that ash's signature battle cry?

speaking of which, ash doesnt seem to say that anymore...//

Okay, I am SO going to watch this via YouTube on rental. But what I wish to know is the official spelling of Hinata's English name. I mean, you guys gave at least 3 spellings for it. o_O;; Well, there was another version in the Ranger club. I still think the Jap version will rule overall.

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

I liked Solana for a dub name, it's nice and exotic. At least the episode helped explain what the heck her little top device is and what a Pokemon Ranger does. I hope her later episodes cut down on the "capture" animation, though, now that we know how it's accomplished. It's pretty cool that it's used to read a wild pokemon's abilities and rope them into helping. Too bad there wasn't a reference to the fourth movie (one of my favorites), since Ash and Brock had already seen Celebi, but then again I'm not surprised since the movies are rarely referenced.

Overall, 7/10. I am SO looking forward to the time-travel episode next week, it's been one of the episodes I've been the most anxious to see.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Default :p

this episode was a pretty good one, i cant wait for the ones to come!

I really think that May's pokemon egg will be an Eevee, cause yeah its just kinda obvious :P in the theme song you see all her pokemon, and one of them is an Eevee.

This episode was nice, but I just hate it when the voice actors call Pokemon "pokamon" For some strange reason, it gets on my nerves.
    So Cute. :]]]

Quote Originally Posted by sandygirl888 View Post
    This episode was nice, but I just hate it when the voice actors call Pokemon "pokamon" For some strange reason, it gets on my nerves.
    At least they aren't calling it "Pokeman" like some people did.

I thought this episode was really cute, since Celebi is my 2nd favorite pokemon, Mew being the first.
    Mew through the ages...

PM me if you want to be friends!!!
    Fans of Sneasel or Weavile? Join the:
    Weavile and Sneasel Club

Yeah this episode was pretty cool, especially since that pokemon ranger could capture other pokemon and then release them after. And well that Celebi was pretty sweet. (sweet as in cool people...) lol 8/10 from me.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Oh, for crying out loud - "Salana"?! What kind of friggin' retarded name is that?
    I claimed Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud in the Celebrity 3.0 thread, Keitaro and Motoko from Love Hina in the Couple 3.0 thread and Kaolla Su from Love Hina in the Bishie 2.0 thread!

Current ASB ranking: Lv3 Trainer, B Grade Ref
    Win: 7, Draw: 0, Loss: 6
    KOs: 30 TPs: 113 SP: 15.5

Many thanks to Jukain for this legendary trainer card!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast