Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: From Cradle to Save (433)

Geki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Former Absolkid
    No offence, but you were adamant that Bonsly would hatch out of the egg, so don't start denying it. Besides, it's not like Hera was talking to you only.

Glad that it was caught, it'd be horrible if a ninja had caught it.
    I thought May's Egg would contain a Bonsly too, so I'm equally as guilty. But, I know I'm wrong now. I wonder what will hatch from her egg?

Blue_Poliwhirl24 Guest

About time brock got a new addition to his team, and its a rock type (its cute too) ^^*

Oh. My. Farking. God.

Bonsly.

Bonsly has to be one of the most irritating pokémon to ever grace this show. Everything about the thing was just gut-wrenching.
    Its voice...it was like a drill bit shot through my ear holes and bored through my skull before impacting my brain with consderable force. And its personallity? Its just Haruka's Squirtle amplified, both in the crybaby sense and battle-wise.
    It didn't even seem to serve much purpose to the episode at all. It was, essentially, just there.

Eh, at least there's one pre-evo that is actually going to be enjoyable to have around I suppose. Thank the stars for Manene.

Otherwise, this episode really wasn't that bad. The animation was pretty much perfect and I hope they keep the string of well animated episodes going for a long while.

Team Rocket definatly gave us some of the better laughs here. Jessie's expressions near the start of the show were absolutely hillarious, if not incredibly creepy. And you had to love her childhood fantasy of being a 'Bishoujo Ninja', chucking a large Starmie at opponents as opposed to a shuriken.
    Their best routine however, was Jessie's Kage Bunshin/Double Team. That one had me in stitches, and I don't think I've laughed at something in Pokémon that much since the Claydol episode. It was classic stuff, thats for sure.
    Even Ash & co with their ninja school training was really fun to watch. From Pikachu missing a camoflaged Kecleon by a mile, to Ash getting pecked in the head by a bunch of Pidgey, it was all good.
    Brock esspecially. He was on top form here, and its times like this that really make me wish the writers would stop pushing him so far into the background. It was also great to see Forretress in action once more, and watching it battle against Bonsly was pretty damn cool.

So, bar Bonsly, it was very enjoyable ^_^
    Last edited by Gravy; 16th December 2005 at 8:05 PM.

grrreeaaat... another annoying pokemon joins the team, how many does that make?

Munchlax
    Squirtle
    Bonsly
    Pikachu's Volt tackle (he's been using that move like crazy)

and May's Egg doesn't promise much good D:
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Anyone have screencaps of May in her ninja outfit? Did she do anything adorable?

Bulbapedia says that Bonsly used Fake Tears, is it true?

It has been crying all the ep ,but i don't know if it used the attack

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by vaporeon89
    Bulbapedia says that Bonsly used Fake Tears, is it true?

It has been crying all the ep ,but i don't know if it used the attack

It used it as soon as it started to battle Brock's Forretress, before launching itself into, what I assume to be, a Take Down attack. After that it did it again, but it failed and Forretress managed to get a Rapid spin in.

All it was doing for the majority of the episode was crying and literally screaming out "USOHA! USOHA! USOHA! USOHA!" everytime it was on screen, so I guess you could say it was using it constantly *shrugs*

Wow, Bonsly is one TINY little thing, ain't he? ...I bet he'll be even tinier in Diamond/Pearl.>_<;

BTW, why were the others mad at it? Was it because it was annoying?

well now that pics are up it isnt that bad. Bonsly isnt that bad considering its special is fake tears. Also this could be an actual baby not like the other supposed babies(Squirtle, Manene, Munchlax). Also I've been waiting for Brock to show why he wants to become a breeder. Bonsly requires a bottle when its hungry or needs to settle down. I also dont think we have to worry too much about it dying in the pokeball. It seemed content in Brock's arms drinking the bottle. I also dont believe this while be another Togepi situation since Bonsly was caught with a pokeball by Brock.

Anyway this episode was ok. Yeah for forgotten pokemon appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    I also dont think we have to worry too much about it dying in the pokeball. It seemed content in Brock's arms drinking the bottle.
    I really hope that bonsly grows out of this soon. Sure, I'm happy with it being in the anime and all, but not if all we're going to see is it being coddled all the time.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    Pikachu's Volt tackle (he's been using that move like crazy)
    It's to be expected, its trying to master the attack so its using the attack a lot. It's no different from Johto when it was perfecting Iron Tail.

Besides, it was a great scene to have Ash using Donphan to help him train it.

I noticed that toward the end of the episode Ash, May (and someone else, can't remember) release the Pokemon on their team that most closely resemble ninjas (i.e Grovyle and Combusken).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    It's to be expected, its trying to master the attack so its using the attack a lot. It's no different from Johto when it was perfecting Iron Tail.
    That was early AG, not Jouto.
    ~

The end was pretty funny with Brock yelling at Bonsly.

Pikachu learned Iron Tail in early Hoenn. Bonsly seems like its going to annoy the hell out of me...in Japanese and in English.

I hope it rots in its Pokeball if all it does is cry...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

D'ya know what'd be funny? If they made Brock and Bonsly into another Misty/Togepi scenario, constantly babying an inept Pok&#233;mon until there's some excuse to kick them both out. Hopefully not, cos when Brock actually battles he's usually pretty good. Still, the thought crossed my mind and worried me a bit. I suppose the fact that he has it in a Pok&#233;ball means he won't constantly have it out. Well, hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    That was early Houen, dude. XD Remember, he still hadn't perfected it for the Roxanne Gym Battle?

An entertaining episode but I (and many others) would have preferred Janine to the leader of the school. Still, the gag of the log wearing the tunic was funny. And the Bonsly question is finally answered. Now, when will that blasted egg hatch?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    An entertaining episode but I (and many others) would have preferred Janine to the leader of the school. Still, the gag of the log wearing the tunic was funny. And the Bonsly question is finally answered. Now, when will that blasted egg hatch?
    Log wearing the tunic? Explain.

I hope that you don't mean the log was the leader of the school.

One time Brock was flirting with the school's leader and when he turned to her, a log wearing a tunic like her's appeared in her place and she was standing in a nearby tree. Then James thought he had her in a net but another log appeared in her place. Check out the episode pictures.

It's a form of deception that Ninja and Kuniochi uses to trick oppoents into capturing/attacking the wrong object.

I think its amazing that everytime we see a preview for an episode with a new Pokemon near a main character someone says he/she will catch it and then they get shot down but then a few times the character actually does catch the PKMN. This episode was a perfect example of what I mean. Now 3 main charaters have had baby PKMN. I wonder... will Ash get one? Looks like a cool episode

For anyone curious as to what Usohachii sounds like.

Now imagine that virtually everytime its on screen.

Oh my ears. I want to kill that thing now.

Whoa, Bonsly sounds like it was screeching it's name when I heard that. Hopefully it won't sound so horrible in English.
    Last edited by Momoko Lover; 17th December 2005 at 1:15 AM.

Does anyone else invision someone pruning a bonsly when they listen to that clip?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast