Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: From Cradle to Save (433)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    For anyone curious as to what Usohachii sounds like.

Now imagine that virtually everytime its on screen.

Sounds pretty funny and I like it. Atleast to me it's better than that annoying Squirtle.

Quote Originally Posted by That Scary Clefairy
    It's a form of deception that Ninja and Kuniochi uses to trick oppoents into capturing/attacking the wrong object.
    Man, seeing those pics makes me think of Naruto, especially with that scene. (The Replacement Jutsu!)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

oh holy f*** that's terrible...

but at the same time it's halrious if you picture a 20 something year-old man making those sounds...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Oh God, I hope it grows out of that soon. What I fear is how that'll be dubbed... it can only be worse.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Okay, so I just saw the epi, and here are my thoughts...

Anyone else think they were watching Naruto at times? I kept thinking, "Oh look, they're focusing the chakra to their feet!" XD
    Usohachi wouldn't be so bad it it could keep its big fat crying LOUD mouth shut. At least it will give Takeshi some purpose again. And I must admit that the way Takeshi caught it was amusing. It's not often a pokemon isn't caught on the first try...
    Musashi was hilarious in this one, especially her facial expressions. And the bishoujo ninja thing, as well as everyone's reactions to it, was priceless.
    *fangirlism kicks in* Ariados! =D It didn't do to much until the end, but when it did... <3
    Sensei was sexy. *nods*

And that's all. ^.^
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

omg that noise was horrible how did u watcht the ep already people?

That sound clip of Bonsly was disturbing!!! It sounded creepy.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

'Usohachi' sounds like someone screaming for its dear life-running away froma an angry ursanring!
    4kids better makes bonsly sounds better than that!

weither or not Bonsly's dub voice sounds better or worse, I'll be laughing at how much people are complaining about it.

I think that having an extremely annoying cry is it's gimmick... much like Munchlax's eating and Manene imatating people...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

They need a WAY better gimmick because this one will get real old real fast.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Well looks like it won't be in the pokeball......which is cool

as..it's got a cool characteristic..so go Bonsly ...

it should have some intrestin moments with Brock, and it's move spike was funny..lol..him hurting himself.
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

O-oh...OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!
    It sounds like Bonsly is being raped, molested, and torn apart by wild pitbulls, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! D:

When I was looking at episode pictures, I was wondering why Brock kept feeding it and shoving a bottle into its mouth...now I know it was to make him STFU! *is not looking forward to watching episode now*

I'll post again when I actually *see* this episode, as pictures just don't cut it. But for now, is it me, or does anyone else think that Bonsly may be Brock's Togepi?
    Yes, it was caught in a Pokeball, but that didn't stop Brock from giving it a bottle while the group did the classic "part ways with filler characters and wave in the sunset" scene. Then again, how much blander could Brock get?

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken

I'll post again when I actually *see* this episode, as pictures just don't cut it. But for now, is it me, or does anyone else think that Bonsly may be Brock's Togepi?
    Bingo. Bet your bottom dollar.

This... thing is not original. Oh sure, you [I.E. everyone] may point out that Pokemon has a severe lack of originality anyway, but I believe this REALLY pushes it. Fake Tears? Got old FAST. Bottle? Christ, not even Togepi was that useless (Editor's Note: scratch that).

I'm starting to think the only thing cool about Bonsly so far has been its capture. Do the episode pictures fool me or am I actually seeing Brock throw the ball twice? The capture pose and Brock's patience running thin were heartwarming as well. That's a little sad though considering this was a capture. Slim pickings if I ever saw 'em.

I almost want to make a collage of quote-unquote Baby Pokemon the group has--Mainly because I'm certain we have ENOUGH to DO SO! And it's only going to pile up with May's Pokemon on the way (which, I have to say, I'm anticipating more than Bonsly since we have no effin' clue as to what's in side). Thank God for Phanpy's evolution.

On the content front, where the HELL is Forretress's mouth. It sure isn't on the front of his face, no-sirry-bob.

Crafty writers, with they're sneaky mouth adding and.. and they're glass candy.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    Ash is training pikachu against donphan, when donphan accidentally attacks a ninja boy and his ninjask.
    It wasn't an accident. While Ash was training Pikachu and Donphan, Donphan suddenly heard/sensed something and went into a Rollout right towards Ash. Ash got out of the way, but Donphan wasn't aiming for Ash, rather, it rolled into a rock, revealing the ninja kid and his Ninjask who were hiding behind it. Apparently Donphan thought they were a threat.

Yes, Brock threw the ball twice. Forretress hit Bonsly with Rapid Spin, then surrounded it with Spikes so it couldn't get away. Brock threw the ball, but it didn't work. Bonsly popped out, but hurt itself on one of the spikes. Brock threw the ball again and it worked.

And this would be the first time we've ever seen Brock battle and capture a Pokemon. (Pineco was captured in a ball, but without a battle. Zubat was apparently battled and captured, but it happened offscreen.)
    Last edited by Geodude; 17th December 2005 at 3:46 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Yes, Brock threw the ball twice. Forretress hit Bonsly with Rapid Spin, then surrounded it with Spikes so it couldn't get away. Brock threw the ball, but it didn't work. Bonsly popped out, but hurt itself on one of the spikes. Brock threw the ball again and it worked.
    Bonsly hurt itself on Forry's Spikes? Ace.

Forry is officially a great Pokemon.

Thanks Geodude. Yeah, that's what I was hoping happened.

SPIKES ARE GREAT. BOW DOWN.

See, using attacks the way they're supposed to be used is the best.
    V | Faction

I edited my above post at the same time as you guys posted, should you guys care to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I'm starting to think the only thing cool about Bonsly so far has been its capture.
    There's also the fact that it can evolve into a dancing tree that fears water. If there's anything that isn't cool about groovy foliage that doesn't bathe, then I haven't heard of it.

Yes, to both your posts. Brocking actually battle and capturing a Pokemon (a Pokemon that could potentially evolve into a Sudolicko) is a damn near Nirvana.

Did I mention that Sudowoodo would rock if it had a Lightsaber?
    V | Faction

I'm a little worried if Brock gets a Sudowoodo someday. Remember the last time Brock interacted with a Sudowoodo?

After all he may just get that desperate.

Anyone catch the Sailor Moon reference? Team Rocket interrupted things by throwing a shuriken that, when it hit the ground, opened to reveal one of James' roses. In Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask always made his entrance by throwing a rose like that (except without the shuriken).

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Anyone catch the Sailor Moon reference? Team Rocket interrupted things by throwing a shuriken that, when it hit the ground, opened to reveal one of James' roses. In Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask always made his entrance by throwing a rose like that (except without the shuriken).
    Hasn't James thrown his rose like that before (without the ninja star)? I'm sure he's done it that way at least once before...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Usoha! Usoha! Usoha! USOHA!! ;;>_@

*wipes blood out of ears*

Well, in the parts where Usohachi wasn't screaming bloody murder I thought this was a damn good episode. Takeshi actually did something worthwhile, and with Foretosu no less. And although they really didn't do much, Tekkanin and Ariados got some screentime too. We even got to see spikes executed correctly. Bonus~

Ninjas are always pretty cool, but then in addition their sensei happens to be one of the hottest girls on the show in quite a while. Bone- uh.. Bonus~

Man, the Rocket-dan were priceless in this episode. First Musashi's bizarre facial expressions and then their ridiculous double team. It's been a while since I laughed that hard at something in Pocket Monsters. And as if it weren't funny enough already, I think playing Osorubeshi Koduck in the background automatically doubles the hilarity factor of any situation.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed the old-school music pieces they chose for this episode. Every region has it's fair share of great music, but for me, sometimes you just can't beat some of the first season instrumentals. And while I prefer the original versions of Ikken Rakuchaku and Souryokusen, the remade versions they used were quite satisfactory.

And to top it all off, the animation was pretty sweet.

...I'm rather torn between whether I want Takeshi to keep Usohachi in its monster ball so I won't have to listen to it, or if I want him to use it as much as possible on the off chance it'll evolve into something cool. And yet logic would dictate that it will be none of the above. :/
    Last edited by Heracross; 17th December 2005 at 8:34 AM.
    ~

I think Brock thought that Sudo was a girl at that time xD

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Hasn't James thrown his rose like that before (without the ninja star)? I'm sure he's done it that way at least once before...
    Not that I can think of. But if so, that'd make it another SM reference.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast