Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: From Cradle to Save (433)

This is actually the first full episode I've seen since the new dub started. The new actors (that goes for both the main and filler characters) still sound like they're reading right off a script, but they're slowly improving.

I loved the battle between Brock and Bonsly. The music was even pretty good.

As for Bonsly's voice, meh.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

bonsly sounds just like the japanese version

Bonsly sounds like *gasp* a baby! hard to beelive for what it is!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

So, was that Jimmy Zoppi doing the male ninja's voice? He sounded almost exactly like the dub Gary.

Really liked this episode. I, for one, thought Bonsly was almost cute. And PUSA did a good job of retaining the 4Kids voice while pronouncing it correctly.

I was a bit annoyed James' voice wasn't muffled sounding in the ninja-Rocket scene. With the handkerchief over his mouth? That twas a funny quirk in the Japanese version.

NewBrock really shined here, too.

Cheers!
    ~Bulbs
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Why does this episode remind me of Naruto?
    RISE! Tsuyosa!

May knows what a shuriken is but doesn't know what time travel is.
    I'm surprised they even SAID shuriken! I love ninja elements~<3

Just like the Japanese voice. Apparently they even wanted to replicate its ear shattering cry.
    Unfortunately for us, yes.

YES!

They kept Forretress' Japanese voice!
    Considering Forretress appears so rarely, this was a welcome treat.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I enjoyed the episode. Bonsly's voice is going to cause many headaches.
    Edit:New Rank
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I thought this episode was hilarious. I like jesse's refrence to her ninja childhood and where on earth did she get that starmie? o_O;;;;
    I love how they added ninja to everything.

o.o Bonsly. Must. Be. Stopped. Ouch.....

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

I like jesse's refrence to her ninja childhood and where on earth did she get that starmie? o_O;;;;
    It's kind of Pokémon abuse to use a Starmie/Staryu as a shuriken, nya? Then again, they're starfish--their limbs grow back.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I heard Bonsly's voice and I thought "where is my hand gun?"
    O there than the high pitched freak it was a pretty good episode.
    It's Carnivine Time...yeah.

Mystery Dungeon Time Team
    Team Rythm
    Terry , and Perry

Omg, they pronounced it "Bons-lai". That surprised me. Was it 4kids that had it pronounced Bons-lee? o-o;

Quote Originally Posted by Hikarii View Post
    Omg, they pronounced it "Bons-lai". That surprised me. Was it 4kids that had it pronounced Bons-lee? o-o;
    Indeed, and 4Kids' was dead wrong.

Bonsly's voice is 95% of the reason that I hate it. This would have been one instance where I totally would have preferred if the dub voice was far different from the original voice.

"Usoha! Usoha!" *cringe*
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Foretress. It finally appears in an AG episode.

Seriously, when was the last time it was seen, let alone battled?

They said shuriken in Pokémon? Oh, but PUSA sucks at keeping true to the original...who wants to bet 4kids would have called it a "star" or "ninja star".

Nobody likes Bonsly?

The first ninja seen did sound a LOT like Gary.
    He sounded almost exactly like the dub Gary.
    News flash! There can't be a "dub Gary". Because in Japan, his name was Shigeru. It's Shigeru and Gary. No "dub Shigeru", "dub Gary", "Japanese Shigeru" or "Japanese Gary". Shigeru and Gary. Just like Satoshi and Ash. And Haruka and May. And Takeshi and Brock. And...do you get the point?

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaru390 View Post
    News flash! There can't be a "dub Gary". Because in Japan, his name was Shigeru. It's Shigeru and Gary. No "dub Shigeru", "dub Gary", "Japanese Shigeru" or "Japanese Gary". Shigeru and Gary. Just like Satoshi and Ash. And Haruka and May. And Takeshi and Brock. And...do you get the point?
    Does it really matter that much? People KNOW what you're saying.

NewBrock is going just fine as Brock. Bonsly (its pronounciation sucks by the way) is still as annoying as it was in Japanese.

The one-eyed ninja was Gary's voice...nice to know there will be a second familiar voice at the end of the saga.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

So like...am I the only one who has actually been pronouncing it "BON-SLY" ever since Day 1? Kinda like how I was the only one who wasn't pronouncing Sceptile with the "k" sound?

I always thought it was Bonsly ending with a long "E", man every time I saw it with a long "I", it just feels.. wrong. And does Bonsly have mood swings?
    Pokedex:
    Seen:384
    Own:384
    Need: Jirachi, Deoxys
    http://http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?xenero
    Thanks to:http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff3/
    I claim Refia as my Bishie! But I also like the girl from PBR XD

This episode was pretty good. The only thing I saw wrong with it is Bonsly with an I instead of an E. Anyway, it was so CUTE!!

Oh, and it doesn't have mood swings. It cries only when it wants to trick someone or get something it wants.

^^ Hence why I was mildly surprised. It should be Bons-lai, because it's the BONSAI Pokemon. Get used to the pronounciation. =P

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Indeed, and 4Kids' was dead wrong.

So like...am I the only one who has actually been pronouncing it "BON-SLY" ever since Day 1? Kinda like how I was the only one who wasn't pronouncing Sceptile with the "k" sound?
    Nah and I was pronouncing it without the K since day one also(It being Sceptile). I am honestly glad that later on Takeshi like stops using his Pokemon

Bonsly got on my friggin' nerves...All through the whole episode which kept me from enjoying this episode to an extent. I have to do this, every time I see Brock holding Bonsly, feeding it and what-not, I'm always waiting for Bonsly to pee right on Brock. It's just something you're just waiting for but know it ain't gonna happen. Oh yes, near the end, James and Meowth dressed up like Jessie, that made it all funny.

And so that's all I can comment on!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Bonsly got on my friggin' nerves...All through the whole episode which kept me from enjoying this episode to an extent. I have to do this, every time I see Brock holding Bonsly, feeding it and what-not, I'm always waiting for Bonsly to pee right on Brock. It's just something you're just waiting for but know it ain't gonna happen. Oh yes, near the end, James and Meowth dressed up like Jessie, that made it all funny.

And so that's all I can comment on!
    OK, I am now officially crushed. I can't believe that everyone hates bonsly (and yes, it is Bon-sly, not Bons-lee, he is a sly bonsai tree, not the dad from Happy Days).
    Much like Usohatchi, Bonsly is a high pitched baby pokemon.
    He doesn't sound too terrifically different from the way 4Kids dubbed him. When I first heard him in Movie 8, I knew I wanted to voice him. I specifically requested to voice him and pretty much floored everyone in the studio when I went from Brock voice to Bonsly in this episode. Sarah insisted that it couldn't be my voice until I did it for her in person. Actually, when I did the opening sequence, I blew the levels for the engineer as he was totally not expecting that to come out of me.
    Bonsly is what would happen if Frank Welker did voices for Pokemon. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Frank's work, he was Uni in the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, he was Abu in Aladdin, Slimer in the Ghostbusters cartoon, Nibbler in Futurama and hundreds of others.
    This was one of the reasons that I wanted to voice him. I have done so many different types of voices in anime, but I've never really had the chance to do a really cartoony voice. He is one of my favorite Pokemon and I really thought that he would be much better received.
    I have to say that this was not the response I had expected.

(Goes off to sulk in his corner.)

"Even now, he sulks like Achilles in his tent. Achilles? The Iliad? It's Homer??? READ A BOOK!" - Handy

There is no need to take it personally, most of us hated Usohachi's voice also. (I actually think that people hate the crying more than the actual voice.) For what it's worth, I like your redition of Bonsly, you did quite a fantastic job with it's expression. I had no idea you were capable of such a wide range of voices. (I didn't even know you were Bonsly, until reading that post.)

Bonsly kinda mellows out a little after this episode NewBrock, so I wouldn't take any of the complaints to heart. As Kuroshi said, it's more than likely due to the fact that the pokémon just refused to shut-up crying during most of the episode, so that's hardly your fault
    I'm sure people will come to appreciate Bonsly's voice in upcoming episodes. It still remains as a rather babyish pokémon that craves attention, but it cuts down on the crying drastically. And it gets some pretty funny moments too~

Nope, you're not.....ahh, shoot. I forgot to bring my big, neon arrow sign with the text 'I PRONOUNCED IT BON-SLY TOO!'. But gimme a break...I only ever need it twice per week :/
    Quite frankly, I don't understand why so many people weren't pronouncing it like that. The pun in it's name was so painfully obvious. Hell it even sounds like 'Bonsai'.

I like the bits with Bonsly crying, because I caled him Crybaby every time he did it. similar thing to torkoal in go go ludicolo!
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    B
    Nope, you're not.....ahh, shoot. I forgot to bring my big, neon arrow sign with the text 'I PRONOUNCED IT BON-SLY TOO!'. But gimme a break...I only ever need it twice per week :/
    Quite frankly, I don't understand why so many people weren't pronouncing it like that. The pun in it's name was so painfully obvious. Hell it even sounds like 'Bonsai'.
    I also figured out it was Bonsly extremely early...

However, it took me till like the Sceptile appeared in the dub to realized it was "Scep" as is "Septic Tank".

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast