Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: From Cradle to Save (433)

Don't listen to them, NewBrock. I know that I said I thought Bonsly was very similar to its 4Kids voice, and I commend you on this episode. You did a VERY good job, and I'm gonna say yet again how happy I am you're doing Brock. He's my favorite Pokemon character, and I have been extremely happy with the way you're voicing him.

It's also enjoyable knowing which voices you do. As pointed out, nobody could tell that was you, which makes it all the more amazing.

Thumbs up.

Cheers!
    ~Bulbs
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I'm sure Bonsly was intended by the Japanese writers to be as annoying as possible, and you certainly did a good job at that. XD

It was very cute when it wasn't crying though.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Bonsly (its pronounciation sucks by the way)
    No, it doesn't. It's accurate. Sly bonsai = BonSLY, not "slee".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    I'm glad they had May say "Shuriken", and pronounce it right.
    Yeah that was a pleasant surprise.

Speaking of surprises, I'm surprised nobody commented on Brock's "Enough is enough!" line (which I liked), especially relating it to Bonsly's crying.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Man, if "Enough is Enough" was said by Stuart's Brock....

It would sound SOOO much like Kaiba was saying it.

What was the dub name for Ichigo? (the green haired sensei)

Angela, I think.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    What was the dub name for Ichigo? (the green haired sensei)
    I COULD'VE THOUGHT I HEARD IT WAS GARY'S VOICE!!!!
    IS IT GARY'S I WAS LIKE NOOOO WAY

Name: Bryan
    Friend Code : 1263 6261 1934

Man, if "Enough is Enough" was said by Stuart's Brock....

It would sound SOOO much like Kaiba was saying it.
    You really set yourself up for this...

SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE AN ANNOYING BONSAI POKEMON!

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    You really set yourself up for this...

SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE AN ANNOYING BONSAI POKEMON!
    Yes, you win!

Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Squirtle View Post
    I COULD'VE THOUGHT I HEARD IT WAS GARY'S VOICE!!!!
    IS IT GARY'S I WAS LIKE NOOOO WAY
    Sorry, but you didn't answer my question.

i can't be sure but im DEF. sure that was his voice

Name: Bryan
    Friend Code : 1263 6261 1934

Hmm, I thought Bonsly was pronounced sort of like Bonsli, as in the 8th movie.

It was an ok episode, and yea, that ninja guy sounds a lot like Gary.

Well, so far between its first episodes and the eighth movie, I still like Bonsly ten times more than its parent (I mean sudowoodoo, not Brock LOL). At least it doesn't have that annoying voice that makes me cringe. It was maybe a little annoying, but it was cute too.

I really liked the humor in this episode. I liked Brock going gaga over Angela and then finds himself hugging a post. His voice during the scene was off, but not too bad. James and Meowth dressing as Jessie was bizarre and hilarious at the same time. The juvenile side of me also got a good snicker at Team Rocket saying that this is not the time to be breaking wind. LOL

Best line: Jessie: "If you think you can stop a girl ninja prodigy like me, you're out of your *mind* arts."
    Ash (disbelieving): "Hey Brock?"
    Brock: "You're not going deaf, I heard her too."

Overall, the episode was pretty good. Not one of the best or most memorable, but it was an interesting introduction for Bonsly. Great animation with the tree camouflage too.

Overall, 6/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Wow, you did Bonsly's voice? I'm so surprised! XD;

I loved Bonsly's voice, he sounded like a baby like he should've been. Hence, I couldn't help but scream how cute he was. XD It's been awhile since I've liked a Pokemon's dub and Japanese voice. Way to go! I really appreciate your efforts, and the persuasion to let you do Bonsly's voice.

And yeah, don't feel bad. Because Bonsly is meant to be high-pitched and almost always crying, of course he'll be annoying to some. But I never minded Usohacchi's voice, and I enjoyed Bonsly. Please keep doing bonsly! x3

Quote Originally Posted by NewBrock View Post
    When I first heard him in Movie 8, I knew I wanted to voice him. I specifically requested to voice him and pretty much floored everyone in the studio when I went from Brock voice to Bonsly in this episode. Sarah insisted that it couldn't be my voice until I did it for her in person. Actually, when I did the opening sequence, I blew the levels for the engineer as he was totally not expecting that to come out of me.
    EDIT: I felt that I should also mention how much I enjoyed this episode, too. ^^a It made me laugh a lot, and when a Pokemon episode makes me laugh, it's great. x3 Heck, even my little sister laughed A LOT at this episode, and she could care less about the Pokemon anime.

Ever since the new dub aired, my sister and I have been watching it religiously. We're curious as to see how it'll turn out, and it's really fun to watch. It's like a whole new Pokemon. Yay!

I FINALLY, i repeat finally was able to view this episode. IMO, it was actually pretty good. I like the use of CG in this episode a lot. Also, I dont know why everyone finds Bonsly's voice so bad, i didnt mind it one bit. Yeah, i can be quite tolerable if need be. Yeah, that one guy sure did sound like Gary.
    For Kecleon, they either had the animators make him completely invisible, or that was a specially trained Kecleon. Because it's belly stripe should not have gone invisible too.
    Later on, I liked it when Ash, May and Brock sent out: Grovyle, Combusken and Marshtomp. That was a pretty cool touch.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    Best line: Jessie: "If you think you can stop a girl ninja prodigy like me, you're out of your *mind* arts."
    Also my favorite line. At first i could not quite comprehend what she said, but it was hilarious. That made me lol well!!

During the battle with Bonsly, I couldnt help but think "Oh no! Bonsly broke free!" Also, i heard someone say that Forretress had its japanese voice. Is this true?

Overall, not bad.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I thought that was a great episode, for a change. I actually laughed out loud at some points, just aswell no-one was home... It'll be cool once Bonsly evolves into Sudowoodo. I think Brock'll treat it like Forretress.

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    Well, so far between its first episodes and the eighth movie, I still like Bonsly ten times more than its parent (I mean sudowoodoo, not Brock LOL). At least it doesn't have that annoying voice that makes me cringe. It was maybe a little annoying, but it was cute too.

I really liked the humor in this episode. I liked Brock going gaga over Angela and then finds himself hugging a post. His voice during the scene was off, but not too bad. James and Meowth dressing as Jessie was bizarre and hilarious at the same time. The juvenile side of me also got a good snicker at Team Rocket saying that this is not the time to be breaking wind. LOL

Overall, 6/10.
    Couple of fun notes.
    I was really happy with Brock's performance in this episode. He really showed a range, and I had fun doing it. The "You're not deaf" line and the "you mean I'm a father" line were so much fun to do. These were "fun to be goofy" lines.
    When he freaks out and grabs for Angela and ends up hugging a tree stump, the react he gives kinda squeaked out of me. It seemed a little too high to be something that would come out of Brock, but the engineer and I loved it so much (due to it's amazing spontaneity and comic sound) that we had to keep it in.
    But Brock also gets to be serious in this episode. I like when he defends Bonsly and lovingly takes care of it. I also think the line "Bonsly, I think you're all alone...but you wouldn't be if you'd agree to come with us." is one of my favorite Brock lines of the season. There's just so much heart in it. A moment tinged with sorrow followed by hope. I haven't felt this strongly about a line since I played Arima's father in Kare Kano. There's a great flashback scene where Arima has been abandoned and my character is in silhouette saying "would you like to come with me now". It's just one of those moments that moves you as an actor and you hope that it moves the audience.
    And then of course, I also get to beat the crap out of myself several times, so that's better than the price of any therapist.
    All in all, this is a 10/10 for me. I really loved this episode.

Oh yeah... with Max leaving next season, the only way for Brock to be pulled away by girls is have Bonsly use Take Down on him... ow...

Quote Originally Posted by NewBrock View Post
    OK, I am now officially crushed. I can't believe that everyone hates bonsly (and yes, it is Bon-sly, not Bons-lee, he is a sly bonsai tree, not the dad from Happy Days).
    Much like Usohatchi, Bonsly is a high pitched baby pokemon.
    He doesn't sound too terrifically different from the way 4Kids dubbed him. When I first heard him in Movie 8, I knew I wanted to voice him. I specifically requested to voice him and pretty much floored everyone in the studio when I went from Brock voice to Bonsly in this episode. Sarah insisted that it couldn't be my voice until I did it for her in person. Actually, when I did the opening sequence, I blew the levels for the engineer as he was totally not expecting that to come out of me.
    Bonsly is what would happen if Frank Welker did voices for Pokemon. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Frank's work, he was Uni in the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, he was Abu in Aladdin, Slimer in the Ghostbusters cartoon, Nibbler in Futurama and hundreds of others.
    This was one of the reasons that I wanted to voice him. I have done so many different types of voices in anime, but I've never really had the chance to do a really cartoony voice. He is one of my favorite Pokemon and I really thought that he would be much better received.
    I have to say that this was not the response I had expected.

(Goes off to sulk in his corner.)

"Even now, he sulks like Achilles in his tent. Achilles? The Iliad? It's Homer??? READ A BOOK!" - Handy
    Hey, I thought Bonsly's voice was good.
    I really liked this episode. Bonsly is one of my favorite pokemon and I loved how Bonsly banged into brock whenever Brock would flirt with a girl.
    Mew through the ages...

PM me if you want to be friends!!!
    Fans of Sneasel or Weavile? Join the:
    Weavile and Sneasel Club

Quote Originally Posted by mewfan1 View Post
    Hey, I thought Bonsly's voice was good.
    I really liked this episode. Bonsly is one of my favorite pokemon and I loved how Bonsly banged into brock whenever Brock would flirt with a girl.
    Yes I agree with you on that Bonsly bit and the episdoe was great! Good training for Ash and the group. It was pretty sad how the three ninja picked on it. I would have got a pokemon to knock some sense into them lol. Great scene with Brock and Bonsly battling it out together. 8/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

A interesting episode. Bonsly is alright.

Brock SOOOOOO deserves Bonsly! It is the perfect Poke for him!
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

haha,bonsly was so cute in this episode! This episode also reminds me of naruto.

Strange ninja theme... but seeing Ash & co in ninja gear was awesome! ^_^ a ninja, Ash is not. Brock, too. He's definitely a breeder. I'm glad he caught that Bonsly. There's a nice bond there ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Pretty good episode. Bonsly is a great fit for Brock. I miss him having rock types.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast