Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Comic Tutorials - PLEASE READ

Cool. Thanks alot for the good advice. I will take it all into account when I start my sprite comic, very soon.

UPDATE: The Comic Guide Part 2 is uploaded!
    UPDATE: The Comic Guide Part 1 is uploaded part 2 is almost here
    To continue some comic tutorials I made a youtube video for sprite comic tutorials, currently its uploaded the electric effect.
    Im not adverticing this is for tutorials check out the video it should help.
    Part 2 Of sprite comic tutorial
    Part 1 Of sprite comic tutorial
    Zappy Zap/Eletric Effect
    Account Name
    Last edited by ANameToRemember; 3rd August 2009 at 8:07 PM.

Watch Pokemon Fiercest Flame Now!

I have just a quick question; how many frames can i put into one comic strip?
    knowing me ill probably end up putting like 47 if i don't know

Quote Originally Posted by cptmyname View Post
    I have just a quick question; how many frames can i put into one comic strip?
    knowing me ill probably end up putting like 47 if i don't know
    It depends (and varies). It really all comes down to what you want to do with your page. And personally, wouldn't use the same lay-out for each and every page, because that's boring and you'll quickly lose your readers' attention.

There are no fixed rules for panelling (shape, size, location, amount), as long as you respect the rules of eye-guiding (not an official term). Always remember that your panels must guide your reader's eyes through the page in a natural way. Up - down, left - right (or right - left if you're doing a manga).

Other than that, panelling is just something you must learn to get a feeling for. Personally, I try to let my pages have 3-5 panels each. Sometimes I bump it up to 6-8, but only if I have a good reason (like showing multiple actions/angles/whatever, which take place in a short timespan). And sometimes I only do 2 large panels. Those are just for dramatic shots, action pages, and establishing shots (large panned out shot of a character's surroundings to show where they are, before zooming in and going on with the story), etc.

Like I said, how many frames you put into a comic depends entirely on what you want to do.

Gags often have many panels if they are long and contain lots of dialogue. But they can also just have a few panels.

Action pages tend to have three panels at most, unless you're going for a fast-sequence. In that case you use several smaller shots.

Calm scenes tend to have lots of horizontal or vertical panels in them. 4-5 panels max. Pages with establishing shots only have 2-3 panels each. If you want to go even further, you can do a splash page (that's an establishing shot spread out over two entire pages (1/2 panels, each? Lol.)).

Oh and you can use panel orientation to create certain feelings and sensations too. Vertical panels suggest height, and are perfect to show off tall buildings, trees, people, etc. A horizontal panel emphasizes the horizon, and works well when you want to show a landscape without tall structures, or a very zoomed out shot. It's also a great shape to emphasize horizontal speed. Draw a running character in a horizontal panel, and another in a vertical one. The one in the horizontal panel will seem much faster.

Does that help, or did I ramble too much and too long? ^^

Stuff of Legend: a Pokémon webcomic. Updated every Saturday. http://www.blue-uncia.nl

Can somebody please tell me where to get some good sprites? I can't find them anywhere! And with this I mean the sprites from the overworld, not the full sprites but they're welcome too.
    They're true friends.

Does anyone know any sites that provide the HG/SS map/locations?
    My HG FC: 1505 8547 9270
    My B/W FC: 3009 7474 0494

BW record- 3 Wins - 4 Losses.

I need a tutorial to acually make good speech bubles on MS Paint
    I'm just letting you all know that I will not be returning to Serebii. I've lost interest. But please remember to visit my DeviantART!
    ¸.-~*Pokemon Insanity*~-.¸
    ¸.-~*Breeding Pokemon, Breeding Insanity*~-.¸

I need a tutorial to acually make good speech bubles on MS Paint
    I'm just letting you all know that I will not be returning to Serebii. I've lost interest. But please remember to visit my DeviantART!
    ¸.-~*Pokemon Insanity*~-.¸
    ¸.-~*Breeding Pokemon, Breeding Insanity*~-.¸

Hey,
    Here I have shared very good information for all, those needs a very good place for those needs a business ghost writing services here boo ink is the best place for business ghost writing services.

thanks
    ----------------------------
    Business Ghostwriters
    Last edited by piter55; 20th January 2011 at 4:19 PM.

Thanks for the tutoring! posting my first comic in the cafe!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokemon X Team: Greninja, Talonflame, Gogoat, Lucario, Espeon and Umbreon
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokemon X FC.: 1382 - 5890 - 1561
    Join Eeveelution Forums Today!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456