View Poll Results: My best AAMayL One-Shot so far?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lovely Day

2 12.50%
  • True Colours

3 18.75%
  • I'll Stand By You

1 6.25%
  • When You Say Nothing At All

1 6.25%
  • Lady In Red

9 56.25%

Thread: Lady In Red (AAMayL One-Shot Christmas Special)

Talking Lady In Red (AAMayL One-Shot Christmas Special)

Lady In Red (AAMayL One-Shot Christmas Special) Rated U

EDIT: *Sees a 1 star* Before I start, may I ask not to rate me a 1 star because you're an pokeshipper, please, cos I find it annoying and I spent a lot of time on this. This is suppose to be a treat, not a torture story for you anti-advanceshippers.

A/N: Fic inspired by the song ‘Lady in Red’ by Chris De Burgh

24th December, Christmas Eve.

A huge number of people were celebrating this traditional occasion, which is to gather friends and family. Four familiar faces were invited to a new friend’s party since they had nowhere to celebrate and that they helped hem fend off three evil, and strange, villains.

Inside the mansion, in a large room, a certain teen normally celebrated special occasions like this by eating a lot of food that was laid on the table. Normally, he would be wearing his everyday clothing, which was mainly blue, but this time he was wearing a tuxedo because most of the guests were wearing them.

As he munched on, he heard someone saying in a stunned manner, “Wow! Isn’t she cute?”

Ash turned his attention away from the buffet and looked towards the voice’s attention. It turned out to be one of the boys his age that was gazing at a girl who was wearing a red dress that reached down her ankles, long white sparkling gloves, and high heeled red shoes. She also had brown hair that covered both her ears.

I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight
    I've never seen you shine so bright
    I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance
    They're looking for a little romance
    Given half a chance
    And I've never seen that dress you're wearing
    Or that highlights in your hair
    That catch your eyes
    I have been blind

A number of them gathered around her, telling her how beautiful she looked and asking if she wanted to dance. Not liking being surrounded by strangers, she struggled and made her out of the rabble… with the help of her friend, Ash, as he grabbed hold of her and took her away from them.

“You okay?” Ash asked in a calm yet concerned tone as he held her calmly by the arms.

“I’m fine,” May replied. “Thanks, Ash.”

He gave a quick glance at her, from her fine-looking feet to her beautiful face and smiled a small smile. “You look beautiful tonight,” he said in a slight nervous way.

“Thank you,” May replied with a blush, accepting Ash’s comment as a compliment.

“You, er… wanna dance?” Ash asked, becoming more nervous.

“Um… sure,” May replied nervously.

The lady in red is dancing with me
    Cheek to cheek
    There's nobody here
    It's just you and me
    It's where I wanna be
    But I hardly know this beauty by my side
    I'll never forget the way you look tonight

They walked into the center of the room and slowly danced to this song. Although it wasn’t a Christmas song, it was a beautiful and romantic song for the couples that were in that room to dance to.

As Ash and May danced, they held closely to each other, feeling the warmth. They weren’t feeling the warmth of the near fireplace but the warmth of their bodies as they held each other as they danced slowly to the music.

For others who watched Ash and May danced, it looked rather romantic with the way they danced but they had their own reasons.

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight
    I've never seen you shine so bright you were amazing
    I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side
    And when you turned to me and smiled it took my breath away
    And I have never had such a feeling such a feeling
    Of complete and utter love, as I do tonight

Sometime after dancing to that song, it was quarter to midnight. The two kids decided to take rest from the dancing and rest on the balcony, outside of the dancing hall.

They took their coats with them since it was a cold Christmas night. As they got outside, they put on their thick clothing to keep themselves warm. They then leaned on the barricade of the balcony and silently watched the beautiful stars as the minutes slowly counted away before everyone around the world could yell out ‘Merry Christmas’.

The lady in red is dancing with me
    Cheek to cheek
    There's nobody here
    It's just you and me
    It's where I wanna be
    But I hardly know this beauty by my side
    I'll never forget the way you look tonight

“Ash,” May said, breaking the silence and catching his attention. She turned her head towards him. “I wanna thank you again for helping me get away from those guys… and for keeping me company.”

“No problem, May,” Ash replied, giving her a wink.

“Hey!” shouted a familiar kid’s voice, catching their attention. He was wearing a black tux, had black hair and a pair of glasses. His name was Max, May’s little brother. “C’mon, you guys! We gotta count down the seconds before Christmas Day comes up!”

“That’s New Year’s, Max,” Ash replied.

“I know but it’s fun,” Max said as he walked back inside the hall.

Ash and May slowly followed until they spotted a mistletoe above them at the doorway. “Kiss under the mistletoe?” Ash asked. “Just to pass the time?”

“Well,” May said. “Since it’s Christmas…”

They closed their eyes as they slowly closed in until their lips touched against each other. The kiss was short but it felt like an eternity to them as they had their lips pressed until…

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!”

That came from the inside, where a huge group of people yelled out the traditional phrase, snapping them back to reality. They realised that they passed more than the time needed to get back inside as they slightly moved away from each other with smiles on their faces.

I never will forget the way you look tonight
    The lady in red
    The lady in red
    The lady in red
    My lady in red

“Merry Christmas, May,” Ash whispered.

“Merry Christmas to you too, Ash,” May replied back.

I love you…

END!

Two more one-shots as part of the Christmas Treat: Comedy One-Shot starring TR: Christmas Costume Calamity! and AAML One-Shot: All I Want For Christmas Is You
    Last edited by Brian Random; 1st December 2005 at 3:03 PM.
    Formerly known as Brian Powell

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (Continue or Reboot? That is the question.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Wow...that was beautiful...your fics always seem like something from a romance novel. Great job ^-^
    "The Melody of Reason will Play the Note of Truth"

This Advanceshipping One-shoot story was marvelous and fascenating.

Banner made by May_Beautifly. Im in the May fan club.

Banner made by Rufinito18.

Yet another excellent one-shot. ^^ You always know how to make songs and stories go hand-in-hand. Although it seemed short to me...but maybe I'm just being picky. ^^; Oh well, keep up the good work!
    Number 1
    Uchiha Sasuke Fangirl. Yay.
    Other Obsession
    Is Currently SasuNaru.
    Bishie;; Uchiha Sasuke
    Band;; Story Of The Year
    Song;; "Savin' Me" by Nickelback
    Member;; DragonDance
    Pairs;; DragonDance and Fatal
    Twin;; Uchiha Itachi
    Links;; Fanfiction.net , Xanga

dragonmaster5000 Guest

*wipes tears from eyes* Okay, I've stopped crying over this awesome story long enough to write a decent review. Overall, you were very descriptive. This song fit perfectly with the script and the audience could "see" what was going on. You also made Ash very mature. I never thought he would be the one to point out the mistletoe. Also, this story was very orignal. In general...it was awesome! And VERY beautifully written. *starts sobbing again*

PikachuBlue Guest

Another great one-shot. It was so beautiful and romantic. The feelings of Ash and May towards one another fit perfect for the song. Keep up the good work as always. ^^

It was okay...Ok, fine I loved it! This was really a great one-shot, just like your other ones! Also, it was very sweet and romantic which made the story perfect!

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Meganium XD
    It was okay...Ok, fine I loved it! This was really a great one-shot, just like your other ones! Also, it was very sweet and romantic which made the story perfect!

Keep up the good work!
    The more Romantic the better. Hooray for Advanceshipping.

Ember Guest

Oh, wow...breathtaking. Keep up the great work, your're an excellent writer!

You are more than exelent in my book Brian so like May2 said, keep up the good and super work.

Wow! 4 days since I placed this one-shot and I got a bunch of reviews already!

Devilrose: Thanks. Speaking of novels, I may do something about that.

Anikin: *Breathes heavily like Darth Vader* Anikin… I am your father. Just joking XD. Thanks for your review.

Dragonmaster5000: Aw… no need to cry mate. *Hands over tissue*

Butter Knyfe: Thanks, and here’s an eerie thing that I thin you would find interesting – anytime I hear a love song, I picture Ash and May doing some romantic or cute scene that goes well with the song. Yeah, I noticed that this one-shot was a little bit short but then again, a lot of one-shots I read were short. Still, I backed that up by being descriptive.

Dragonmaster5000: Wow! Took you six hours to stop crying? J/K. I pretty much explained the same thing to Butter Knyfe above. About Ash’s maturity, well, he had been growing up for a long while now so he’s bound to get some.

PikachuBlue: Thanks, mate. Here’s another eerie thing, when I read the title of the song and listened to it, I instantly thought of May… mainly because she wears red. ^^

MeganiumXD: Thanx!

Chaka: Thank you

Metallic_Pikachu: *Thumb’s up*

Anikin: I agree.

Ember: I spread the love around Advanceshipping, don’t I? ^^

Anikin: Wow! Third time! Obsessed or something? Once again, thanks.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!

Been doing some singing and voice impressions too! Check me out at the Brian Random Channel Thread!

Awww... ^_^

What a sweet way to pass a little time...Excellent way to weave the song into a story, there.

You know, I like your comedy work quite well, but I daresay your romance is even better. Good show, here. ^_^
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

I liked it! It´s a pretty cute way to fall in love and a kiss to crown the night (although it´s not Ash´s nature to ask for kisses, adorable anyway).

You´re really a good songfic writer. Even if you´re neutral you understand the aspects of the ship that like the audience.

I suppose next AAMayL songfic from you will come in february.

As for your better songfic, i´ll vote later i´ll re-read them.

Sike Saner: Aw, cheers. I know how time flies when you're doing something good.

Funkymonk: I was thinking about Ash's maturity about how he would react to the mistletoe, and kissing under it is a Christmas tradition and he was following that. But it is romantic when you think abouit.

You're right, I'm not a shipper of anything but I enjoy reading and writing those shipping one-shots. You're also right about me writing those one-shots for Feburary     Spoiler:

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

^ You mean another ships besides poke and advance? That would be cool to see...

What's the point of putting in a spoiler if you're spoil it? I hope you guys don't spoil this... there will be five shipping one-hsots coming Febuary...
        Spoiler:

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

I have nothing further to add to what has already been said. It rocks the big one111.
    Zepther is not a perfect city, filled with crime and evil. Through its dark alleys and narrows streets, a silent watcher protects the people, calling forth the darkness of metal to defend them. Cloaked in black, shrouded in the mysteries of his past, his cold heart is true as steel. His name is Chronos. He is the Dark Eye.
    The legacy begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Powell
    What's the point of putting in a spoiler if you're spoil it? I hope you guys don't spoil this... there will be five shipping one-hsots coming Febuary...
        Spoiler:
    Good. I can't wait for the Advanceshipping and Colosseumshipping ones.

Whoa. Another mistletoe-related kiss.

Very good. I don't usually like romance novels. That's why I mix it up with some comedy. Very good, for nothing but romance.
    If you need me for anything, you'd best contact me on Steam or AIM rather than by PM.

Spoiler:- Extra stuff:

Power Shot: Thanks for reviewing, mate.

Anikin: Again, with a spoiling! >_< *Throws a fit and throws a hat at Tony* Kids today! Always spilling the beans! *Suddenly calms down* Can I have my hat back, Tony? *Tony hands hat back* Thank you. Still, Anikin, I'm happy that you're looking forward to them.

Pikamaster: I was told that I'm better at romance than at comedy but I love writing comedy more... which is one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to Christmas (lots of comedy shows from where I am).

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):

Crane Guest

How will those stories be. I hope this fic doesn't get deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Crane
    How will those stories be. I hope this fic doesn't get deleted.
    Don't you mean how LONG will be those upcoming stories be? They will be coming around 14th Feburary, that's where St. Valentine's day is. Don't worry, this fic won't get deleted cos I plan to place this the completed fics forum soon.
    Last edited by Brian Random; 24th February 2006 at 11:12 AM.

Check these out:

Pokemon Impact (PG13):