Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time-Warp Heals All Wounds! (434)

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2
    I don't see why people are so upset that the egg hatched into an Eevee.
    There would have been complaints no matter what came out of the damn egg... there seems to be a lot of people that just don't want to be satisfied.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Nah, it's more that lots of people seem to have this idea that if the show doesn't conform to their exact preferences, then it must be BAD BAD BAD EVIL and sucky. If May gets a Pokemon that they dislike, then it's not a matter of personal tastes; it's that the writers are stupid and have no idea what they're doing. Of course.

As a sidenote, I wasn't involved in the egg-debate, so I'm curious - were there people who seriously thought it'd be a Zigzagoon?? O_o
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

So did May simply find a Squirtle and suddenly relise that she wasn't wearing the right clothes for the time period?
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    As a sidenote, I wasn't involved in the egg-debate, so I'm curious - were there people who seriously thought it'd be a Zigzagoon?? O_o
    You're damn right there were. There were also several people who were dead-set on it being Bonsly.
    Tee-hee, giggle!

Bah, I just want to know more about this episode now. The only thing thats really interested me up to this point has been Meowth and Haruka's interaction, but now I'm genuinely interested in what happened, plot-wise. Similarities to the Richie hoso, references to important events in the pokémon world's past? If you think about it, theres really a lot of cool stuff they can do with an ep like this. Just wish I had seen that sooner *scratches head*
    Last edited by Gravy; 22nd December 2005 at 8:57 PM.

I'd like to know when the egg hatched in this episode, and if the Eevee had any specific role in this episode. (Luckily, I can ask this in this thread since it has to do with the episode.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything groundbreaking, but if this episode actually had a die guy(well, until May and Mewoth save him, most likely) that's different. As no one died in the Celebi special, I don't get why people keep saying that.

Wasn't there a rule that nobody could respond to an ep until they saw it or saw pics? I admit I'd be in violation. And it makes it even worse that we're flooding this episode thread with egg opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic
    Wasn't there a rule that nobody could respond to an ep until they saw it or saw pics? I admit I'd be in violation. And it makes it even worse that we're flooding this episode thread with egg opinions.
    I imagine it must be okay, since the speculation thread was closed when this was opened.

I'm thinking next time they should just skip the whole pointless plot and make the episode about the new Pokemon entirely (worked for Phanpy) or to the point where it practically is (worked for Bonsly). Obviously the highlights are evolutions and captures. Why they have to wrap them around loose plots is beyond me. Save those for AFTER we get the new Pokemon.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I'm thinking next time they should just skip the whole pointless plot and make the episode about the new Pokemon entirely (worked for Phanpy) or to the point where it practically is (worked for Bonsly). Obviously the highlights are evolutions and captures. Why they have to wrap them around loose plots is beyond me. Save those for AFTER we get the new Pokemon.
    like how they crammed Ludicolo's Bullet Seed into the end of the Mawile ep?

Or how Charmander evolved about 10 seconds before "March of the Exeggutor Squad" ended?

Or how some random Psyduck from a Celadon Pokemon center joined Misty at the end of "Hypno's Naptime?"

at least they use evolutions/captures/new moves to resolve the plot's conflict and showcase it the rest of the episode for most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    like how they crammed Ludicolo's Bullet Seed into the end of the Mawile ep?

Or how Charmander evolved about 10 seconds before "March of the Exeggutor Squad" ended?

Or how some random Psyduck from a Celadon Pokemon center joined Misty at the end of "Hypno's Naptime?"

at least they use evolutions/captures/new moves to resolve the plot's conflict and showcase it the rest of the episode for most of the time.
    Yes, like those. They don't try to resolve a conflict (unless it's TR). And more over, the showcase within in an episode... is over before it starts!

'Course, in Ludicolo's case, it's just an attack, and the episode DID pretty much center on it.

But those are in the past and I wish for newer episodes to veer away from using this method too much. The newest episode title, Grovyle vs Tropius, looks to remedy that.

Does it sound like I'm wanting to be spoiled? Eh, maybe. For now. Till I change my mind!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Yes, like those. They don't try to resolve a conflict (unless it's TR). And more over, the showcase within in an episode... is over before it starts!

'Course, in Ludicolo's case, it's just an attack, and the episode DID pretty much center on it.

But those are in the past and I wish for newer episodes to veer away from using this method too much. The newest episode title, Grovyle vs Tropius, looks to remedy that.

Does it sound like I'm wanting to be spoiled? Eh, maybe. For now. Till I change my mind!
    I think the best example of that not happening would be "Exploud and Clear," where the whole episode was centered around Exploud & Grovyle.

jeng jeng is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Talking

Thought the egg was going hatch into to a zigzagoon but I think evee's beter.

Okay, why the heck is Meowth in there? Is it the couple's or TR's? The egg hatching was, out-of-place, if you ask me. It sounds interesting. Can't wait for the dub.
    Lady: My husband, entered...the Shadow Realm.
    May: Oh, crap! Am I in an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh? I didn't sign up for a cheap Yu-Gi-Oh knock-off! Stupid 4Kids! Eevee, use the Ultimate Attack Power Attack Thing to destroy the rest of the man's Life Points! And why is Meowth with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    May Travels Through Time!

On their way to the Battle Pike, May's Squirtle accidentally wanders off. While looking for her trusty Squirtle, May meets an old lady who has been waiting for her husband to come home for decades. Before long, once reunited with Squritle...May, Squirtle & Meowth mysteriously get sent back in time...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

ooo, that pic is so cool! I've been waiting for updated pics all day now

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTrainerTerry
    Okay, why the heck is Meowth in there? Is it the couple's or TR's? The egg hatching was, out-of-place, if you ask me. It sounds interesting. Can't wait for the dub.
    Lady: My husband, entered...the Shadow Realm.
    May: Oh, crap! Am I in an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh? I didn't sign up for a cheap Yu-Gi-Oh knock-off! Stupid 4Kids! Eevee, use the Ultimate Attack Power Attack Thing to destroy the rest of the man's Life Points! And why is Meowth with me?
    *ROFL*
    Considering 4Kids, it could be that awful. I mean, how many great episodes has 4Kids destroyed? Too many in my book.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Or, um, none, outside of Chronicles.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

In the Pokemon dub, nothing. Except for the 4 episodes they skipped of course. And the Raikou special.

But this episode is part of Season 9, and 4kids won't be dubbing it.^.^

This episode also has a christmas tree kinda also. ANd Squirtle makes it snow....
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 23rd December 2005 at 7:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    *ROFL*
    Considering 4Kids, it could be that awful. I mean, how many great episodes has 4Kids destroyed? Too many in my book.
    Well it's just been revealed that 4Kids may not be a problem anymore, with Nintendo handling the anime in-house as of 2006... will this result in a better quality dub? Time will tell...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Are you serious? Nintendo will be dubbing the anime? Will it still be on KidsWB?

Yay we have the pics! This looks like an AWSOME episode. May saves the day! And that eevee is so cute!

True, by the time they air this, they'll have taken over.

Though this was a lackluster episode. Not mention that midgit Squirtle shows up yet again.

Le sigh, another brilliant idea lost on the writers.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTrainerTerry
    Are you serious? Nintendo will be dubbing the anime? Will it still be on KidsWB?
    There's a possibility 4 Kids won't be dubbing and Nintendo will take over. But we're not sure about it staying on KidsWB or not. There's a thread concerning that, also.

Anyways, what I'm wondering about this episode is the plot. We know that Eevee's gonna hatch in that ep (seems out of place, though), but I want to know what will happen when May and Meowth does travel in time.

I'm kind of confused at how May stopped the man from dying. I mean, squirtle made it snow (instead of rain?), yay. So what? How does snow tie into a guy getting off of a train?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast