Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Time-Warp Heals All Wounds! (434)

The whole episode was just a pure copy of "Another Legend of Celebi" only instead of Richie, it was May and Meowth. And since I saw ALoC, I wasn't very amused with the episode. They even used the same music in the end! OMG! Even the Japanese can screw up

I have a few questions concerning this episode.

1) When Ash and Pikachu are engaged in battle, the attack used Volt Tackle, no? I've noticed that in previous episodes, but I have no idea where it originated.

2) Why is May's Squirtle smaller than her Eevee? I know that the Squirtle is a baby, but the Eevee is newly hatched, so there's no way it should be as large as it is.

1) When Ash and Pikachu are engaged in battle, the attack used Volt Tackle, no? I've noticed that in previous episodes, but I have no idea where it originated.
    Yeah that was Volt Tackle. Pikachu somehow learned it during the breeding centre episode.

I have two questions.

1. How exactly did the man die?

2. In detail, how did Squirtle making it snow create the events that saved the man?
    Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again! (Translation: We hope you get the crap beaten out of you so that you require medical treatment again!) Not so nice in a different light, is it?

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

1. How exactly did the man die?
    I'm thinking that he never returned after he got on that train so therefore he died wherever he went. Unless he was having an affair..

I knew it. I knew it, I knew it, I so f***in' knew it. Zenigame was out of its ball at the beginning of the episode just for the hell of it, just like Cotoise was in those Banebuu episodes. If I gotta look at the thing, I at least want a decent reason that's better than a cheap plot device (if only Eneko, the more preferred uber, were still around.... it would've definitely been in the turtle's place and make it snow using Blizzard). To make things worse.... Usohachi and Gonbe were out just for the hell of it as well. Too many babies and no beer make Yamato something something. Ironically, Manene (the only good one) never appeared the whole time.

And I can agree.... this plot did looked rushed, not actually going back in time until after the eyecatch. And as some before me have mentioned, not enough Haruka and Nyaasu interaction and no realistic reaction from Haruka in such a situation makes me sad as well (for that matter, I find it off that Haruka's the one who states that they must've fell into a time slip. Nyaasu is one to seem very well-educated at times, likely from his years of learning human lifestyles and language, and Haruka's in the same boat as Satoshi, always needing Takeshi or someone to explain these complex situations. It's minor, but just making Nyaasu say the line instead would've made it look less like a slip-up). And I still don't get what the f*** was up with that "time slip". Celebi appeared like two episodes earlier, they really couldn't have made this episode connect to that in anyway? I don't know, maybe Celebi should've struck Haruka by accident, and over the next couple of episodes, she acts strange (even glows at some point), obviously the result of some of Celebi's power rubbing onto her until it finally gets unstable enough to go off in this episode.

This episode wasn't all bad, though. As Gravy mentioned, seeing Musashi get smacked in the face by the rock before she could pull off her usual thieving routine was very funny. Speaking of which, this whole episode took a break from Rocket Dan making a scene, and I'm glad Nyaasu simply walked away at the end. Also, it was great to see that poetic, moon-gazing side of Nyaasu after so friggin long, in fact, I think this would be the first time that Haruka becomes aware of that aspect of him. Ever since AG began, I don't think Haruka got a chance to see Nyaasu's true self. And I liked the main plot somewhat.... this would be the first time the anime makes reference to a pregnancy as far as I know. Yay for something new (though, it is ironic that we only get to see the grandchild.... this episode just skipped over showing a whole generation, didn't it?). And was that a cameo by Gentleman I saw bumping into her (I know, it's decades in the past, but with cameos, characters can pop up literally anywhere)? Oh, and of course the egg finally hatching was a good thing, and I was relieved that it was an Eievui afterall (though, seeing the characters talk while that egg was glowing put me on the verge of shouting "show what's in that friggin egg already").

I guess I'd give this the same rating as Gravy. Some parts sucked (too.... many..... babies....), but some aspects counter it, so I guess I wouldn't put this near the realm of "worst episodes".

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Well it wasn't such a bad episode, it was okay. Daft music used from the 4th movie.

Eevee's a little more sane than Squirtle so they shoulden't be too bad. I vote someone gets Manyula, cause it would be a great advertisement and it's ace too.

End of post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling King
    2. In detail, how did Squirtle making it snow create the events that saved the man?
    The snow delayed the train's departure, giving the woman time to catch up and tell him about her pregnancy.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I watched this episode yesturday, and I quite enjoyed it, and atleast it explained why May wasn't carrying her egg all episode!

what I didn't like though was my older brother behind me making his owns translations........ like whenvever May spoke he would say 'now lets all get AIDs' and whenever Meowth spoke he would say 'you want AIDs to?' why is he so obsessed with AIDs?>.>

was a good episode, but I still find the whole time travel without celebi kinda weird...
    Bonsly hitting brock in the face when he hits on a girl rules

7/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I also saw this episode recently, and personally, I thought it was OK. The whole concept of Time Travel didn't seem the same without Celebi, but the story was pretty entertaining. I also liked that part with Bonsly.

8/10

Joe_Pokemon20000 Guest

A train? Which train? The bullet trains we get a Japan?
    ON BOARD OF TOPIC: If May got travelled through time, did she saw someone departing a train? Or am I seeing things? Anyway, I can't watch it just in case because I'm black and white blind and it is shown in sepia tone- I'm blind at it too.

My rating:
    May: 30
    Ash: 30
    Joe_Pokemon20000: 9
    Others: 19

How disappointing.
    Last edited by Joe_Pokemon20000; 3rd January 2006 at 9:43 AM.

The episode itself is cool,(haven't saw it)but the idea of time-traveling with a pendant?
    They could have at least made it like a portal. =(

~CourageWisdomPower~
    Courage. Wisdom. And Power. Together, they form the holy relic, the Triforce.
    ~I am a proud fan of the Legend of Zelda, the greatest game series ever created.~

This is probably one of my favorite episodes of all time. Zenigame is once again awesome (Go ahead flame me, I love her Zenigame).Eevee hatches gotta love that, time travel, gotta love that...And hey we see Nyaasu's good side.

I really enjoyed this episode 9.5/10

(What is the name of the song that plays at the end of this, the one from the 4th movie?)
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

you know what i think i know what the u.s. name for this episode will be i think it will be a may through time because they always put funny things i'm just saying

It will probably be a Bill & Ted reference. Just like the Egg episode.

Just saw this in the US. This episode was . The grandma's story was so sad. It was funny when Jessie got struck with the rock, James couldn't stand spying looking at so much food, and Meowth breaking down after hearing the story. The ending was amazing.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I won't lie.

This episode made me cry, it was sad. And I liked the Pop Song.

Meowth:"i guess we messed with the space time continuom and stuff!"
    that made me giggle

Just saw the episode in the US. It's now one of my favorites. The music was awesome - which is unusual for the dub from what I've seen of it. Edna's story was so sad. The whole episode was great and Eevee is adorable

"There she blows, hot and steamy!"

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

This episode made me cry. It was really sad. I really LOVED this episode.

Lol @ people crying.

I fail to see what's so sad about it. Though I guess I'm desensitized from watching shows with actual sad moments in them.

And it's official-Eievui is given a dub voice. *groan*

While May's dub voice has improved much, Meowth's gets worse and worse, as is apparent in this episode. All of his lines sounded forced.

And Katrina's dub voice made me want to scream.

Anyway...don't know what to say. The insert song was nice...unexpected, but nice. I thought this was more than the "boring filler-esque" episode everyone was making it out to be.

Cheers!
    ~Bulbs
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I'm extremely emotional though, I cry easily.

WTF?

People can't be named Katrina due to a storm...okay...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast